Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

:D Fully levelled that should, at lvl 29, do 1005 critical damage on Goblins in the VOG, that’s what my Lord High Fixer does and it has the same impact rating.

As for my new scout rifle, it doesn't have the firefly perk. But if the one from the Vanguard Battlemaster does then I'll get that, as I also have marks burning a hole in my pocket.

The vendor one has firefly and ammo scout - everything you could ever want from a scout rifle for PvE! I switch out ammo scout for the +2 agility perk in crucible as three headshots is enough to kill, the remaining 24 in the magazine is just overkill.

Has anyone noticed a sizeable difference to the Scout rifles since Bungie buffed them? Got a Legendary one last night and thinking of switching over to it instead of my usual auto rifle.

Always much preferred the Battle rifle in Halo over the Assault rifle, but didn't get on with Scouts in this at the beginning.

Interesting Dark Below interview on Eurogamer. Their approach to Story mode in the expansion will be like the Thorn exotic bounty... What does that even mean? That's also story-free.

Annoying and forces you to do stuff you don't really want to do for meagre rewards? ;)

They could serve shit on a plate and I'll still be buying the fuck out of it. :wub: at this game.

Has anyone noticed a sizeable difference to the Scout rifles since Bungie buffed them? Got a Legendary one last night and thinking of switching over to it instead of my usual auto rifle.

Always much preferred the Battle rifle in Halo over the Assault rifle, but didn't get on with Scouts in this at the beginning.

I think they were underrated before the patch to be honest, I don't think there is really much difference in effectiveness. If anything I would say the recoil tweaks make them a *feel* worse on balance? They used to drop back into position after a shot much faster, it's slower and smoother now.

What is the firefly perk?

Kills with precision damage cause the corpse to explode.

Interesting Dark Below interview on Eurogamer. Their approach to Story mode in the expansion will be like the Thorn exotic bounty... What does that even mean? That's also story-free.

They're going to force you to sit in a room not touching the boss and bashing adds for half an hour? Awesome!

Other points of note in that Eurogamer interview were:

Level cap increase to 32

New weapons, armour, etc

3 new MP maps

New strike

New Raid set in The Hellmouth

1 new strike exclusive to PlayStation

New vendor in the Tower

Available bounties increased from 5 to 10

New Exotic bounty exclusive to PlayStation

No new areas/destinations

Possible matchmaking for weeklies/nightfall but not for Raids

With the A and B teams already doing sterling work, would anyone be interested in pulling together a C team? I'm genuinely terrified of speaking with most people online but I'd love to try and pull together a group of PS4 players who'll treat each other alright even if they make some terrible mistakes (after all, isn't that why we can resurrect people?). We could work up to doing the big raid by putting a couple of strikes under our belts - so, would anyone be up for that?

To answer the B teams question from last night about templar shield detainment on the relic holder...

The relic holder should not use the melee shield bash to break detainment on themself. This runs the risk of accidentally dashing through the detain which can cause you to die. It's also slow and can require 2 hits. Instead, you should use a quick ground slam attack (jump then immediately press right trigger) because:

1. There's no risk of dashing through detain and dying
  2. It only takes 1 ground slam to break detain instead of 2 shield bashes
  3. Detain causes your jumps to be very short. This means if you press the right trigger for a ground slam immediately after you jump, you end up doing this super short ground slam animation that's almost instantaneous.

I always melee out with R1 if I've got the relic, just make sure you're holding the left stick in a direction that sends you back into the bubble should you find yourself on the outside.

The problem I have is dropping off a ledge as you get detained, you're definitely screwed when that happens

With the A and B teams already doing sterling work, would anyone be interested in pulling together a C team? I'm genuinely terrified of speaking with most people online but I'd love to try and pull together a group of PS4 players who'll treat each other alright even if they make some terrible mistakes (after all, isn't that why we can resurrect people?). We could work up to doing the big raid by putting a couple of strikes under our belts - so, would anyone be up for that?

C team is gearing up for tomorrow night, You need a D team ;)

Thanks and utmost apologies go to the two forumites I played with yesterday afternoon - think it was Ferine and WavyStretch, I joined their daily heroic right before the final boss, not realising they were playing it at level 28. As a badly-equipped level 26, I managed to shoot (but not kill) two mobs, then die and get rezzed twice in the 45 seconds it took them to complete the encounter. I was then rewarded with a legendary engram (which later turned into a purple shotgun) before I was disconnected. I could hear their cries of 'not fair!' before the comms cut out and I got dumped back to the start screen.

Easily the most inept but productive two minutes I've ever had on Destiny. Thanks gents!

I was helping out with a raid team last night. Not sure which one in terms of lettering,

I can put two people down for this starting tonight

1) Gerry_Helmet

2) JImtendo san

3)

4)

5)

6)

Probably start about 19:00-20:00 tonight from the begnining. Quote above and add your name if you're up for it.

I was helping out with a raid team last night. Not sure which one in terms of lettering,

I can put two people down for this starting tonight

1) Gerry_Helmet

2) JImtendo san

3) Willei3k

4)

5)

6)

Probably start about 19:00-20:00 tonight from the begnining. Quote above and add your name if you're up for it.

I'd like to do this if possible. Will still be up for helping group B finish off yesterday's attempt afterwards if they don't get enough people!

I'm not quite raid ready (level 27 but with some crappy weapons) and wont really be able to do a raid til next week, but I'd be up for a c,d,e or f team. I'm not the most chatty on line either but I'll make a big effort*

* Drink a lot of beer.

Finished the raid on normal for the second time. I now have the Titan raid boots and Atheon's epilogue. I would obviously like to get to level 30 but the main thing I wanted from the raid was that auto rifle so I'm really chuffed now. I've been levelling the Suros Regime alongside my scout rifle but I can see the Atheon's Epilogue being used a lot during certain parts of the raid in the future. My group (of level 28s and 29s) tried hard mode for the first time immediately after the loot dropped on our normal mode attempt.

We're not ready. We need to be higher levels. We were amused and shocked to discover that you can be resurrected! :o

I'm not quite raid ready (level 27 but with some crappy weapons) and wont really be able to do a raid til next week, but I'd be up for a c,d,e or f team. I'm not the most chatty on line either but I'll make a big effort*

* Drink a lot of beer.

Fuck it, I'm calling it S Team. Starting next week is fine by me - I've been away in Germany a couple of weeks so my trigger finger is a little rusty. It'll also give S Teamers the chance to get their hands on some better hear. Shall we say next Tuesday, 9pm UK time?

1. idlemichael

Let's do this! Ineptitude United!

I was completely unaware of that jump + right trigger ground slam move.

L1 / LB (Grenade): Cleanse (a channeled AoE “bubble” that cleanses nearby Guardians of Mark of Negation and prevents all incoming damage)

R1 / RB (Melee): Dash and Bash (similar to a Hunter’s Arc Blade melee strike)

R2 / RT (Fire Weapon): Shield Bash (a basic melee attack)

R2 / RT (Fire Weapon) while in the air: Ground Pound (a ground slam attack that deals AoE damage)

L1 + R1 / LB + RB (Super): Shield Blast (a large medium - velocity projectile that deals damage to the first target struck)

Cleanse should be used in short bursts to get rid of the mark of negation as it recharges again in a few seconds if used quickly.

How do you get exotic bounties? I haven't had one yet.

Best way to get them seems to be handing in 4-5 bounties at once in quick succession in my experience. I've had 5 so far (2 duplicates).

Would any xboners be willing to help me complete this wretched Thorn exotic bounty? All that is left to do is The Summoning Pits strike where you keep killing the waves of enemies and then kill Xyor, the Unwed before killing the fella in chains. Today or tonight sometime?

Great again last night and thanks to all for nightfall and raid fun. Thanks for the raid invite and bad luck to to all with connection problems, was rock solid for me all night. Though tte new randomisation worked and we handled it well and forces you to learn it all.

I got an exotic helmet from the nightfall, knucklehead something for my hunter so it'll be a while before I put that to use. And also the exotic rocket launcher, Gjallahorn, and a few shards and energy from the the raid.

Totally addicted to it and can't wait for the new content and all its glorious story driven magic, well, maybe not that . ;)

Would any xboners be willing to help me complete this wretched Thorn exotic bounty? All that is left to do is The Summoning Pits strike where you keep killing the waves of enemies and then kill Xyor, the Unwed before killing the fella in chains. Today or tonight sometime?

Yeah, I can. When's good for you?