Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Thanks to Shook for the game last night and listening to my endless warbling about magnums/hand cannons. :D

Other tips:

- Unless you have REALLY good aim - go more for a fully automatic weapon for mid rang encounters. If you spray a few bullets and one of your team mate mops them up, you'll pick up loads of assists rather than try aiming with a sniper or scout, miss and get killed or flanked while you're down sights.

I disagree a little. My aim isn't amazing but my magnum tends to take off so much damage in one shot that it panics the enemy player into moving or jumping away erratically, allowing me to focus my aim a bit more and get the kill shot, or cause just enough hurt that any errant bullet that comes their way would finish them off. Whenever I've tried pray n spray I've ended up dead having caused vicious damage only to nearby plants.

McCartney's Everybody's Gonna Dance Around Tonight would be more appropriate over the credits.

Spanx, did you used to play Phantasy Star Online back in the day?

I did indeed, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Really got in to this doing some co-op with Kenshi last night, and definitely want to play a lot more, even if it's getting annihilated with higher level people. I added a few more people from the spreadsheet last night so may jump in on a few games this evening (lvl 8 now)

Played a few games with MID this weekend. It's fantastic fun in coop. Then I did grave of the world last night on the moon on my own which was really good fun.

I wish the grenades recharged faster, but I guess that's all to come as I level my gear and guy. I'm only a level 10 so there's still a way to go. Haven't dared venture into the crucible yet.

Really enjoying this game. It looks and sounds brilliant and it's great fun.

I tried to jump into a game with Graham S but I think I did it wrong.

Even when you do bad you're gaining xp and rewards so even a shitter of a game can be worth it if you end up with a nice item.

When you're higher level you get 2 crucible marks for losing and 3 for winning. So there's not even a huge advantage in winning.

Tried my first strike force yesterday with a friend and a random. The level 8 one on Earth. I was level 11. The other two were level 10. We pretty much hit a brick wall on the first activity where you have to deactivate the barrier on the door. We manage to get to the third wave and then fail every single time. There's captains and wizards and snipers and dregs and acolytes in every single damn corner of the map. There's literally nowhere to stop and catch your breath. Any tips (Apart from not sucking)?

Thanks to Shook for the game last night and listening to my endless warbling about magnums/hand cannons. :D

I disagree a little. My aim isn't amazing but my magnum tends to take off so much damage in one shot that it panics the enemy player into moving or jumping away erratically, allowing me to focus my aim a bit more and get the kill shot, or cause just enough hurt that any errant bullet that comes their way would finish them off. Whenever I've tried pray n spray I've ended up dead having caused vicious damage only to nearby plants.

I've had a bit of joy with the Scout Rifle for similar reasons - and it's got a bigger clip than the Sharpshooter, so there's less risk of running out. Having said that, I've recently reverted to an almost fully-upgraded Pulse Rifle which is pretty good at close-quarters *and* at mid-range if your aim isn't amazing.

While I'm levelling I'm just taking whichever nice weapon falls in my lap for primary. For secondary I've been sticking with sniper and I'm not fussed what I have for heavy. I had a very nice pulse rifle a few levels ago and currently (Level 12) I have a nice scout rifle. I think when I hit cap I'm going to want a good handcannon.

Flub I assume you mean the devils lair strike. If you look behind where your ghost is hacking the door there's a balcony stay up there, just make sure you tske out the snipers as soon as they appear then mop up the rest from up high and there's cover on the balcony as well.

Flub I assume you mean the devils lair strike. If you look behind where your ghost is hacking the door there's a balcony stay up there, just make sure you tske out the snipers as soon as they appear then mop up the rest from up high and there's cover on the balcony as well.

Sneaky. I like it. Cheers. I'll give it another go.

Last night me and one friend did what we thought would be impossible, we done the weekly heroic challenge, strike on earth Level 22. Really thought we would have needed 3 of us and to all be on at least level 22.

I'm only a level 20, have played a lot of this game as a level 20 and only had two blue armor item drops with light and would you believe it both gauntlets. I don't think this game wan'ts me to level any higher. He's a level 21, took us about an hour but we managed to find some good strategies along the way. My sniper rifle is deadly 219 damage with explosive rounds but was constantly running out of ammo.

I'm still loving this game, even with all the criticism it's all about having fun and this game is just that.

Sneaky. I like it. Cheers. I'll give it another go.

This proved unwise on my play through last night as they just lobbed grenades up. You are better to go to the left from the hacking location and on to the railway line and there is a little tunnel you can get cover in, none of the enemys spawn there and they also don't come down that way either so you can hole up and pick people off and after each wave go in for ammo and engram drops.

Primary ammo sure, but that's rarely of much use against the bosses and is usually necessary for dealing with the mob.

Nope, all ammo. 30ish seconds after your primary clip empties you get a refill for all three ammo types.

That said, you should be taking ammo synthesis items into the trickier strikes so you don't get caught out, especially if it's a weekly with a buffed damage type (like the current one). Otherwise you only need it for eating through shields. Don't waste your secondary/heavy ammo on unshielded enemies.

You need to go in as a threesome with total coverage of the damage spectrum. Between the three of you you need to be able to pop blue, red and purple shields, whether that's via secondary weapons or class abilities. I've seen players pump standard ammo into an enemy for two minutes to whittle the shield down, and THEN switch to their secondary to take down the health bar! Some people really aren't "getting it". Likewise with grenades and ultimates. They're primarily shield poppers, not damage dealers. Don't waste your void grenades on unshielded enemies if you know a purple shielded vex minotaur is going to appear ten seconds later.

Banjaxed, jimtendo and I had a really hard time trying the weekly, we went back to normal strikes for 24 hours, got tooled up with arc weapons and then breezed through the weekly without any problems. I like the ongoing need to find different loadouts, reminds me of grinding fire resistance gear for molten core back in the day!

I've got about 80 vanguard marks now, I was grinding vanguard rep to get the level 2 (to buy items from the warlock shopkeeper) but ran out of bounties. A few more bounties tonight (after the refresh) and I'll be able to buy my first bit of purple gear. Just in time for vault of glass, eh banjaxed? :)

This proved unwise on my play through last night as they just lobbed grenades up. You are better to go to the left from the hacking location and on to the railway line and there is a little tunnel you can get cover in, none of the enemys spawn there and they also don't come down that way either so you can hole up and pick people off and after each wave go in for ammo and engram drops.

Might be worthwhile switching between the two positions. Start up high at the start of the wave and then when it gets hairy switch to the side tunnel

Last night me and one friend did what we thought would be impossible, we done the weekly heroic challenge, strike on earth Level 22. Really thought we would have needed 3 of us and to all be on at least level 22.

I'm only a level 20, have played a lot of this game as a level 20 and only had two blue armor item drops with light and would you believe it both gauntlets. I don't think this game wan'ts me to level any higher. He's a level 21, took us about an hour but we managed to find some good strategies along the way. My sniper rifle is deadly 219 damage with explosive rounds but was constantly running out of ammo.

I'm still loving this game, even with all the criticism it's all about having fun and this game is just that.

Yeah at one point I had 5 bits of armour with light and four were helmets. Bastards.

Yeah at one point I had 5 bits of armour with light and four were helmets. Bastards.

My mate has played it the same amount of time as me and he seems to always get blue item drops and engrams, he doesn't score any higher or get more kills etc and I always go for precision kills so it does seem like it's all down to luck.

That's extremely unlucky to have 4 helmets with light, at least you are getting drops though.