Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I'm not entirely sure how I managed to suddenly get overlevelled in this. One minute my level was around what it should be for the hard version of levels then suddenly I'm about three levels over the hard setting for each level. I think it must be multiplayer but I've only played about ten to fifteen matches total. I can definitely feel the difference.

Just did the first Earth Strike with two randoms. Seemed to go on forever (although I'm guessing there's even longer stuff further down the line). It was kind of a big, scrappy old mess if I'm honest, but it was kind of fun. I guess pointing in this is rude? After we blew the shit out of the giant eyeball, I accidentally pointed at one of the team (I meant to bow), and he seemed to go mental, firing his gun at me. So I ran off.

Throw them in your Vault for your inevitable Hunter run.

Yeah that's what I did. I do wonder though what mats you get when you dismantle a legendary, whether its an entirely new material type or just more of the same.

Is the vault linked cross character?!

I feel like an idiot now, I've been dismantling decent bits and bobs as I thought I'd never use them on this character. :(

Don't feel bad, the armour is class bound, so no point saving it unless you make another character of the same class (dunno why you'd do that really).

Just did the first Earth Strike with two randoms. Seemed to go on forever (although I'm guessing there's even longer stuff further down the line). It was kind of a big, scrappy old mess if I'm honest, but it was kind of fun. I guess pointing in this is rude? After we blew the shit out of the giant eyeball, I accidentally pointed at one of the team (I meant to bow), and he seemed to go mental, firing his gun at me. So I ran off.

Haha

! Love this post.

haha! your hope will turn to despair I'm afraid. once you hit 20 you have a long long way to go before even getting a sniff at some exotic gear.

I meant to comment on this, but forgot (due to getting those legendary Hunter boots I suspect). I've seen a few people wearing the Artifact chest you could get from Xur Agent of the Nine (the guy in the hooded trench-coat in the Tower), although how they got the coins needed I don't know unless they grinded like crazy on Venus in that spot I posted about.

Its not that many coins though, just that they seem rather rare at present - 13 coins for an artifact is pretty cheap really, although you can only wear one artifact armour piece at a time. You can only equip one artifact weapon as well at a time.

had some great games with Soong, Droo that weekly strike was tough but proper fun.

Highlight was our comeback in a control match PVP with Ricky Dvt and Boodles, sticking together it all clicked and we took the match from 3000 down.

The Brady guide has a really good section on PVP and has a few things not explained but helpful. Always roll in 2's. The motion tracker radar if full red the enemy is on your level, if just outlined they are above or below you. If the bar is the inner circle the enemy is within 8 metres the outer, 25 metres away.

If a players name is in yellow they are supercharged so avoid the enemy and stick with a yellow teammate, crouching conceals your motion tracker appearance, moving slowly you appear as a red blip.

Ive found cranking my look sensitivity right up to 7 has really helped and keeping my crosshairs at head level around corners gets the jump. Rather than screaming at the tv the guide gets you to question why you were killed, were you in a 2-v1 battle?, were you already injured whilst engaging? Etc. All obvious stuff but it does make you a better player when you question it all.

Can I just say this is really good advice? I've been struggling to hit 1 K/D on crucible in general because been playing it gung ho. LOOK AT THE RADAR!

Just had a few matches like this (got a 3.5ish K.D even though as you can see, my aim is pretty shit as are my reactions):

Other tips:

- Unless you have REALLY good aim - go more for a fully automatic weapon for mid rang encounters. If you spray a few bullets and one of your team mate mops them up, you'll pick up loads of assists rather than try aiming with a sniper or scout, miss and get killed or flanked while you're down sights.

- Do stick with at least one other team mate, but sit back so they can engage and you can support/mop up. It will take the 1 v 1 pressure off and you'll get better.

I still don't know how this defender shield works exactly (seems like the Halo 3 bubble shield?) but I'm enjoying it.

Does capturing the command posts actually do anything in Control? My team captured them all a bunch of times, but the game kept going on. What's the point? I need to stop comparing this to Team Fortress 2, really, because ... well, it's just not fair on Destiny really, is it?

New disconnection code to add to the ever-growing list: 'beaver'.

Had a couple of bounties to do some patrol missions, first on the moon, then on Venus. Really relaxing and enjoyable fun to solo. One of the missions was to just tool around Venus on my speeder bike for a bit and then check out an incredible view. And then some public events spawn in and you get to buddy up with some high level dudes for a bit. And the rest of the time you're just bumbling around playing with the combat. Really fun.

I've had a bounty since I was a few levels old to get twenty double kills with a fusion rifle shot. So far I have... One. Thinking about giving it up as a bad job.

Story finished ^_^

Did the whole thing on hard mode with 2 friends, including all the optional missions and we had an absolute fucking blast all the way through. The stuff on Mars reminded me of co-op sessions on Halo 3 all those years ago, but with much more interesting combat, the extra skills and the synergies between them really make it.

Played with 2 titans and was extremely jealous of their death from above and shoulder charging stompy-ness. But, both guys were pretty jealous every time my sunsinger was hovering in the air flinging fusion grenades, glowing like an awesome angel of death :wub:

Quite looking forward to doing the daily heroic story missions and the strikes, i'll probably save the exploring and chest collecting for the weekends.

I can think of loads of ways to improve the game but I think it's incredible as it is, especially in co-op.

I'm level 22 at present, and thought I'd try the weekly strike.

I thought it'd be matchmaking the same as the random strike playlists, but oh no.

So is anyone up for the weekly before it resets? Apparently need to be 20-22 I think?

Not really sure, but the enemies didn't seem that hard when I had a go solo, but can see I'd have no chance on my own with the amount there is.

Weekly strikes seem to reset 10 am on a Tuesday btw. Probably the same for the raid.

Had my first fire team experience tonight with LED and Graham, was a pleasant suprise to see them join in my level 6 game and kick ass. Really helped alot thanks.

Think I'll do that search thing and join others each time I play. Seems like alot more fun than playing alone.

Good few quick mp games with others on here earlier, I was dreadful but am blaming it on the hangover...maybe. A lot of fun though.

Kept noticing one bloke on the opposing team running round in flames, what on earth is that all about? A special?

It might be interesting to come back to this post in a few days/weeks.

True. I'm not sure how it's going to pan out. It all depends on the frequency of new content I suppose.

Saying that though, couldn't the same criticism (if you can call it that) be levelled at Halo? And I still play that regularly 13 years later.

I got an 11 streak kill in the crucible the other night. My kdr was 5-something.

And then I'd go a couple of games with a 0.5 kdr getting really frustrated.

I think sometimes when you get killed you just gotta sit back and say "OK he's just much better than me".

First instinct is to always blame something but most of the time it's probably just some teenager who spends too much time playing shooters.

Loving this game still. Almost level 21 with my Titan.

Should really get some six player control games going.