Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Had a few hours playing with some old school mates, they were level 4 and I was level 6, happy to replay some missions with them while drinking beers and scoffing Pringles. I'd previously got a heavy machine gun so was top fun on the Array mission breaking it out when we were getting swamped to save the day. As has been said, the combat is mostly brilliant fun, but chipping away at bosses is just the wrong side of tedious (spider tank thing and giant eyeball thing). Tried to read up on the Lore via Bungie.net, but it's not great for iPad. Half the stats on the cards are hidden by the edges - do they not have an iPad app or something? Game looks pretty, but at times it's all just a bit crap.

Then my mate, I mean our Fire Team Leader, took us to the moon. I didn't play this bit in the Beta and shit man we are on THE MOON! Look there's Earth up in the sky. Things got crazy shooty and I stole a speeder bike that was ablaze using its guns to mow down a group of fallen. I like the moon.

I hardly ever replay games so this must be doing something right to get me to go though the beta bits over again, no idea how I'm going to level up to 21 by Tuesday tho for this event thing. After last nights session I'm still only up to level 8.

Oh, throwing knife is awesome, getting the kill in front of some randoms just makes you feel like a pro while they're stood there with their huge space guns.

I want to believe Bungie will drop some brilliant content into this, it really needs them to add in a story.

Had a great moment in this with boxtosis earlier where he was on a ledge and punched someone who fell down towards where I was coming from for me to punch to finish him off. It was like teeing him up for a one-two combi. We both syncro-waved so it must have been good.

Haha yeah that was very funny. Wish I'd recorded it!

I had a cool moment yesterday where I started a public event alone on the Moon, but a couple of dudes showed up after the first wave of enemies. We all knew what we were doing, breezed it, had a little dance afterwards, waved and went out separate ways. I sometimes think I'm playing a different game to other people because in the (estimated) ten hours or so I've played, I've done the Earth tank public event three times, and the moon Warsat one twice. Yet there are several people saying they haven't seen a public event....

Are public events where some big old chunk of meteorite or whatever drops out of the sky, and you have to defend whilst Dinkbot scans it? I did one with two randoms and there was tons of massive baddies dropping in all over the place. I did another one on my own as well, and it was much easier (I assume because it was just me, so the baddies were lower levels).

I'll be honest, so much of the game confuses me, especially as I'm not someone who plays a lot of multiplayer. I do feel as I've been thrown in at the deep end sometimes. :)

Some areas like bosses are instances so you won't see anyone in there.

Played this with mrcrowlie for hours last night, much fun :)

Once you realise it's a sci fi payday 2 and detach yourself from the ridiculous hype and expectation, it's a good laugh.

It's definitely a strange game. Played with two friends it's PSO with halo combat and wow loot! In short fucking amazing.

Solo it's a bit of a grind the moon mission that culminates I. A room with 3 wizards, 5 knights an ogre and a fuck ton of the suicidal rushing fuckers is hell solo.

The boss battles are broken dull tedium.

So yeah it's confused, when it's shit it's very shit. When it's amazing it's the most fun I've had in gaming for years.

If they made solo easier to buddie up with randoms. Made boss battles more tactical or added wow like complexity it would fucking amazing constantly.

It has obvious faults that's should be easy to fix. But the core run and gun gaming is sublime. My warlock is a sniping god, one shoting knights from across the room. While my Titan friend punches people in the face and my hunter friend vanishes pops up behind them and stabs them with a knife like some demented space ninja rogue!

Oh and it's got speeder bike ;-)

Had an epic one doing the achron strike on venus. Just when we had the boss fight under control the game started spawning those invisible vandals. My whole team died within seconds of each other! There is a great bit beforehand when you all get pikes which feels very halo. I think the game really needs a warthog equivalent. So much emphasis on team work and yet no vehicle that a couple of you can jump in and ride around killing stuff.

Ugh, finally took down the Devil mech thing in the Earth strike with three other players, after ages of chipping away at it, then got disconnected as we moved onto the next bit (error code 'centipede' this time - I'm assembling quite the collection of insects). This happens every time I try to do a strike. My connection or PSN? I still seem to be logged in to PSN, and my internet's fine, so fuck knows.

I'm having a lousy time in the MP with my Hunter and invariably come near bottom.

So...all weapons are normalised and do the same damage, but an auto rifle totally outguns a handcannon with rate of fire yeah.

How come some players have a white shield bar as well as health, by the time i've whittled the shield down, they've killed me.

Abilities - Titan slam ability is instadeath for me yet my hunters knife ability only takes a percentage off.

I can put loads of yellow shots into a player, yet he shoots once and I die. Cant all be headshots.

To qualify this moaning, i'm pretty good at Titanfall and I never swear at the screen as it all feels fair,

this though has me constantly shouting "that's bullshit", then pressing 'x'

I'm having a lousy time in the MP with my Hunter and invariably come near bottom.

So...all weapons are normalised and do the same damage, but an auto rifle totally outguns a handcannon with rate of fire yeah.

How come some players have a white shield bar as well as health, by the time i've whittled the shield down, they've killed me.

Abilities - Titan slam ability is instadeath for me yet my hunters knife ability only takes a percentage off.

I can put loads of yellow shots into a player, yet he shoots once and I die. Cant all be headshots.

To qualify this moaning, i'm pretty good at Titanfall and I never swear at the screen as it all feels fair,

this though has me constantly shouting "that's bullshit", then pressing 'x'

Mark turn your sensitivity up to 7 and always try and hang out with a team mate running in 2's.

Do your best to aim for the head, crouching and walking hides your position and maybe equip the trip mine grenade pop it in a door way if your getting chased. Also ace for holding a flag or choke point.

Stick with your favorite weapons, the unlocks really do help stabilize them. Once you shake your cod/ bf head off it all comes good.

I have noticed a minuscule delay sometimes when you register a kill and then get it, must be a lag thing at there end.

Harsin teamed up with me earlier and helped me through some tough missions which was really nice. It's also a bit funny when you see someone post on a forum for years and you have a voice to put to them now. Apologies for muting my headset half the time - mine has this constant echo on while my mic is on and it goes over the game audio which is really annoying which is why I was switching it on and off.

Also yeah - a hand cannon that wrecks mobs in PvE is a bit rubbish in PvP due to fire rate. Still not sure what weapons to use for PvP.