Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

The content is basically being released over the next couple of weeks so I don't think it's a matter that it's not ready, it's more of a, perhaps mistaken, decision not to overwhelm players with a lot of play options from day one. I could be wrong.

Most normal people won't be burning through the content as quickly as reviewers. An episodically told story that we all move through together should be quite fun. Hopefully the story becomes less boring and incomprehensible at some point. If not it's nice discovering new environments and enemies together.

Ive got plenty of games that are light on content but are still amazing, i hate the obsession with "content". This is the 30 seconds of fun developer, theyve only themselves to blame for releasing a good game when the world was expecting an amazing one. Makes me wonder how much of their talent they have left.

Just found one annoyance did me so far. Jumped of of a building on the moon only to be told to turn back. It gave me 5 seconds I think she's I promptly died for no reason before I could jump back in. Wouldn't mind but it has ruined my progress so far on one of the bounties. I would have rather have been met with an invisibly wall.

It too my a while to warm back up to this, especially after really enjoying the beta, but when it works, it's fantastic. Had my first public event, on Venus, and it reminded me just how amazing it can be. Six of us ended up taking down one of the big Vex baddies. I just wish they would happen more often!

The social elements are disappointing though, but I think they could be given a big boost fairly easily- just add a matchmaking option to each mission (and patrol) and add more events. They could still make the standard option single player, but just give us the option! It feels like such a wasted opportunity. Still, it's early days and I think it's got the foundations of something that could (and should) be really great.

This video is doing the rounds on Bungie's forum atm. Apparently shows a farm spot on Venus (ignore what he says in the video, its not on Mars) where mobs just constantly spawn allowing you to farm high level gear practically non stop. Not tried it myself, but I have been there and it is full of mobs fighting each other and they did seem to constantly spawn.

One of the people who tried it said after doing it for 2 hours or so his game glitched out and didnt show his character throwing grenades, probably due to the amount of loot lying on the floor I guess.

Should point out that the higher level you are the better the loot will be (as in higher level loot). Apparently people have been getting legendary drops here (a purple hand cannon gun at least).

You do know that if you crouch walk you don't appear on the radar right?

I'm not a fan of the radar in the game, much prefer the Halo one where you know if the guy is behind you or not. At close range it shows he's on top of you pretty much, so you have no clue where to turn unless you saw which direction he came at you from. Its not terrible, but could do with a bit of improvement (the centre blip of the radar definitely).

I just got my first bit of legendary kit. Noticed a crucible icon appear on the left of the map screen when choosing where to go so just clicked that. Did a couple of matches and got it as an award. I now rock a big ass hand cannon :)

The crucible is a mess. The radar takes out the chance of flanking with any real tactical success.

That's not what ruins it - it's the fucking P2P connections - host advantage in 2014. Fuck off.

You do know that if you crouch walk you don't appear on the radar right?

Not quite true - you in fact show up after about 1-2 seconds as a "ping".

I don't know if this is common knowledge (I certainly didn't know) but it seems once you reach level 15 on any character, any new character you make can immediately pick the other subclass without having to get to 15 first.

I've just arrived at the Tower as a level 2 blade-dancer.

Played some more yesterday. Did the first Strike and while it was ok the bosses are just lame. I don't see how shooting at the same target for 10 minutes straight with no change to the gameplay can be considered fun.

The problem with not being able to communicate and classes not having a specific role means that the other two players might as well be NPCs and it wouldn't change the experience.

Also tried the TDM,but 3 vs 3! What a snooze, run around for 30 seconds not seeing anyone only to be shot in the back. There is no strategy to a TDM match if you can't predict where your enemies will appear.

Played some more yesterday. Did the first Strike and while it was ok the bosses are just lame. I don't see how shooting at the same target for 10 minutes straight with no change to the gameplay can be considered fun.

I played a Strike yesterday where the mid-boss was this big tank thing, all I could think of while we spent 15 minutes plinking away at it was the awesome Scarab battles in Halo 3. Where you had the great mechanic of boarding them and just how you went about that task was up to you, I used to enjoy jumping a Mongoose onto it Dukes of Hazard style. So much more fun than just whittling down a health bar for what feels like forever, with the only strategy being to shoot it in spots that make yellow numbers come out instead of white.

Can't argue with that Harsin. Definitely need a rethink on boss variety. The core combat is superb though.

Had a great bit of fireteam play on the Moon/Venus last night with Graham_S and forum lurker FiveFootNinja. Voice comms do make a huge difference over partying up with randoms.

Had a great moment in this with boxtosis earlier where he was on a ledge and punched someone who fell down towards where I was coming from for me to punch to finish him off. It was like teeing him up for a one-two combi. We both syncro-waved so it must have been good.

Hit level 16 last night and saw a (strike related spoiler)

Strike Playlist appear on the map (containing high level strike missions). Quite a relief to see it as I was already far too high a Lvl to tackle some of the standard ones.

Has that just been added it is it a Lvl based unlock?

Me and a mate were doing relatively well on he second moon mission last night despite being lower leveled than the mission level itself. Got to the end, had a fantastic fight with Acolytes and Wizards but were then destroyed by two Hallowed Knights who appeared immune to our attacks. Back to Earth to try and level up a bit I think!