Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Got a sweet solar auto rifle from Deathsinger challenge. Was tighter than gnats chuff though, did it with only a second to spare. Doing it in under 2 minutes is going to take some serious coordination. 'Nice' surprise at Crota which I won't spoil, suffice to say 'fuck you bungie' etc. 

Just loaded Destiny to check the Age of Triumph.

Yay, I have earned some emblems :unsure: <discards them all> .

The pages requiring Class/Strike/Crucible stuff are particularly shite, as - unless something's gone wrong - they don't count past actions.

Done loads of Heroic Strikes, got loads of Super/Melee/Grenade kills for each class, etc. etc. etc.? Doesn't matter, you have to do it all again from zero for the record book, all so you can earn an emblem for each book level, culminating in the final level rewarding you with an invitation to buy something from the Bungie Store.

Fuck that.

At least the story mission and activity pages don't require that you start from scratch, they actually count past achievements.

Anyway. I've finally deleted the game. I loved it, but I have no motivation to do anything with it now, as nothing I earn will carry into Destiny 2, and I can't be bothered with the RNG and grind needed to finally creep up from 395 to 400.

Oh. Something must have gone wrong with it, as the Story page of the book incorrectly claimed that I had not done At the Gates (the April Update quest that ended with the Dreadfang reward).

1 minute ago, KartoffelKopf said:

If it counted everything past, it would just fill up 100% straight away and thus not give you much incentive to play. So yeah, if you don't actually want to play it, best off sitting it out until D2. 

I get that, but other stuff in the book is retroactive, so why not Class and Strike stuff? I'm not doing all that just for an emblem. They can still have (and do have) new things in the book.

29 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Got a sweet solar auto rifle from Deathsinger challenge. Was tighter than gnats chuff though, did it with only a second to spare. Doing it in under 2 minutes is going to take some serious coordination.

On our second run we did it in 2:04 <_<

Really like the changes they made overall, gives me hope that Oryx might be worth revisiting. 

Oh and the loot finally seemed 'smart' too. 3 different primaries out of 3 challenge modes. 

32 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

'Nice' surprise at Crota which I won't spoil, suffice to say 'fuck you bungie' etc. 

I assume you're on about the cheeky Oversoul! :)

5 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Reveal hidden contents

I assume you're on about the cheeky Oversoul! :)

Yeah

Spoiler

but also the 'haha, no ledge standing for you suckers!!!' although that one was less surprising

Not raid related but a nice little joke added by Bungie

:lol:

I am just glad to see a page and a half of people back online haha!

Crota was fun, the Bridge! :o

Made it to Irt-Yu and I had my first 400 drops, Crota Rocket Launcher and Arms.

397 now woot!

I agree with Tez on the book stuff, not taking at least a portion of your existing work with the Strikes etc is a ball ache, especially for us players that have been here since day 1(ish).

7 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Just loaded Destiny to check the Age of Triumph.

Yay, I have earned some emblems :unsure: <discards them all> .

The pages requiring Class/Strike/Crucible stuff are particularly shite, as - unless something's gone wrong - they don't count past actions.

<_<

The strike page in the book isn't much of a grind, though - it's 20 strikes, six nightfalls, 500 precision kills, etc. Not that onerous, surely? It's not like they're expecting people to do 200 strikes.

The stuff that auto completed is challenges, quests and collectibles. The stuff that didn't is essentially just 'kill more stuff', which is the fun bit. 

Only the truly mental will will complete the whole thing anyway. I'm not fussed about doing the ToO page and the class specific crucible quests are a bit of a dead end for me. 

This update is all about the raids really.  Just running them all again before D2 is going to be a hoot. 

24 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Just to make sure the max light level you can reach is 380 then you have to tackle either nightfalls or the raids to get 400 drops?

No you should be able to get to 390 at least.  Here's the chart, in an Iron Banner week you should be able to get close to 400.

RDTzfp6.jpg

Edited by DonRumsfeld
Forgot the chart.

I'm not sure that's right anymore - I was playing SIVA Heroic Strikes last night and getting Rare engrams from it decrypt over 370. I'd had the impression that blue drops from the Strikes could be over 365, but not had blue engrams decrypt to over 365 before (and I had a few from 370-376 last night). Nothing in the patch notes though, so maybe I'm just misremembering something...

Also, as much as I like some of the changes - Marks for everything! Vendors selling at 380! More variety in general!- the biggest grin of the night was when I saw the old logo and title screen. Such a little thing, but still such a nice touch.

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Started Crota by myself yesterday and got to the bridge activation bit in the lamps section then got overrun by a gaggle of thrall :(

Must try harder.

Jump on the rock next to the last lamp once it blows, snipe the Ogre then wait for the all clear. Not that it'll do you any good as you can't solo the next section any more :(

Bit disappointed by how little there is to do if you're not raiding. I did one story mission and a couple of strikes last night and then just sort of ran out of steam.

Then I got invited to the raid party and we talked about Zelda for half an hour while I ran laps in the tower, then we all called it a night. 

17 minutes ago, berties paw said:

Jump on the rock next to the last lamp once it blows, snipe the Ogre then wait for the all clear. Not that it'll do you any good as you can't solo the next section any more :(

I'll give that a go, thanks :)

Whats the deal with the next bit, is there a minimum number of guys needed?

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

Thanks for that @DonRumsfeld will work my way to 390 & then tackle the raids or the next iron banner to get 400.

Just turned in a Vanguard package got a ghost and sidearm, both 400 so they've upped that too in the update. Pick up the strike bounties from Savala too, they offer up to 400 legendary items. If you can do a nightfall with the gold tier bounty, you'll get a up to 400 piece for that as well as end game loot and possible exotic if you have a 3oC. Just play everything basically and keep popping three of coins and you'll be up in no time. 

Yes, they've changed the mechanic.

It's pretty cool though, as is the challenge for the Deathsinger.

As ph0rce says, yeah it's a bit different now. Totally worth it though, the end of the bridge encounter is hilarious.