Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Age of Triumph Weekly Rituals stream

aka Spring fashion update + sandbox fuckery

I. FASH + DROPS

VoG

• The new Hunter VoG armour set has one Vex leg and one Vex arm! Warlock has two Vex legs from the knee downward, with tentacles from a Harpy on the back. Titan has like an electric neck shield thingy. The armour drops from any version of the raids, the ornaments only from the challenge modes - it wasn’t 100% clear, but I think the new look comes from the ornaments. 
  • I have no idea what they look like without ornaments - maybe like old style armour? *shrug* (edit: pretty much confirmed)
  • Ornaments from any raid challenge mode can be applied to any raid armour set.
  • Each raid primary weapon has an adept version. Only the adept version has elemental damage. The elemental version is an exotic so takes up an exotic slot. The legendary version has no elemental damage. The adepts looks slightly different. The adept version drops only in challenge mode. So basically, you need to do the 390 challenges lots of times to get all the drops to get your old elemental raid weapons back, and they'll take up exotic slots.

Crota

• Crota armour set looks super cool. Totally OTT animated dayglo green spikes everywhere (again, I guess these come from ornaments (edit: confirmed)). When you take damage the spikes dissolve temporarily into little floating rocks! The warlock set is especially gnarly.
  • Black Hammer isn’t coming back - just a new Spindle drops from Crota. Necrochasm is back though, with an ornament… and it’s been updated to cause an explosion with any kill, not just a crit kill.

King’s Fall

• Armour looks a bit like the Crota stuff when ornamented, but bluey rather than greeny and not as good. Hunter looks like an infected chicken.
  • All weapons have an elemental adept/exotic version, which drops only in challenge mode. This is true of all raids, inc WotM.

Wrath of the Machine

• Ornamented armour looks a lot more appealing, with more obvious animated ornamentation than the original set. And of course, the exotic/adept elemental version drops from challenge modes. 

Plus

• There’s Age of Triumph armour sets too, based on Y1 armour designs with added chroma. The Speaker’s new quest rewards with the new class items, and the rest you get in the regular weekly boxes from selected activities.
  • There are new ornaments for some existing weapons as well. Dragon’s Breath looks cool. Or hot.

II. SANDBOX FUCKERY

• Assault rifles have been boosted across the board - an effective range and damage buff.
  • Hand cannon range is getting nerfed lol
  • The health regeneration nerf is being rolled back a bit, and blink is getting slightly unnerfed a bit, but not put back to what it was. 
  • Truth is staying single-rocket but one rocket's getting added to your pack and reload is being super quickened. 
  • NLB has been given a lot of flinch.
  • Sidearms no longer stack ammo after death.You respawn with only a single mag full of ammo (12?).
  • Special crates now instantly load special weapons, just like heavy ammo does with heavies.
  • Skorri now only activates for a minute after a kill when your super’s full, and then wears off.

Patch notes on March 28 will give full details.

AoT launches 28/03 10am Pacific, 6pm BST.

1 hour ago, Gorf King said:

• Each raid primary weapon has an adept version. Only the adept version has elemental damage. 

I assume they'll drop with their old elemental burns, so Fatebringer will be Arc only. Or did they state otherwise?

Actually, hang on - I'm being thick, adept does mean they'll drop with any burn.

Also, Hand Cannon range nerf? Wankers!

50 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

So we're basically running each raid once a week? VOG Tuesdays, Crota Wednesdays, Kings Fall Thursday through Sunday. Gotcha. 

Depends what you're after - as far as I can tell, the armour ornaments (which make the new armour look) and the elemental raid primaries (the adepts) only drop from challenge modes. And they are only active in one raid each week - the featured raid. So week one is Crota. Week two is VoG, I think, and so on. When the raid isn't featured the challenges are not active. So you only have one target raid each week, and it's not active again until the fourth week.

It would take a long old while with RNG and lots of successful challenges to get a full set of 'new' VoG armour or, say, a full set of VoG weapons with burns. (Although the ornaments are cross-raid effective, so it'll be quicker to get that than a full set of elemental weapons.)

The old-looking armour but at max light drops from plain 390 non-challenge weeks - it's the ornaments you plug in to the armour that drop from challenges - and the plain, non-elemental raid guns at max light drop from 390 non-challenge weeks (and it is an entirely operate weapon, an exotic with elemental damage, that drops from challenges).  

Also, non-challenge 390s are only available from week 5 on.

24 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

I assume they'll drop with their old elemental burns, so Fatebringer will be Arc only. Or did they state otherwise?

Actually, hang on - I'm being thick, adept does mean they'll drop with any burn.

Also, Hand Cannon range nerf? Wankers!

As far as I could tell, each adept weapon has a fixed element. They didn't say which weapon will have which element.

15 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Well, Y1 Trials adept weapons could drop with any burn, guess we'll have to wait and see.

They said something like 'the different elements are evenly distributed across all the weapons', which I took to mean that each has one set burn.

Edit: One other thing I forgot to mention is that they said not every old raid weapon will have an adept version / elemental damage added. I took that to mean specials and heavies, as they're already elemental, but you never know.

I dunno - that Crota armour is nice. Real nice.

Warlock looks the best (but you need to see it animated to get the full effect):

VLzZN69.jpg

The set's not as good as the concept art they showed 

BgZ9pvi.jpg

but it still looks pretty great. Obv that's with all the ornaments though.

That is going to be a LOT of raiding over the next few months although I'm sure the novelty will wear off as we get closer to D2. You just know Fatebringer will be behind they Atheon challenge, the one they said was 'the hardest challenge they've ever done'. Great. 

Have they mentioned anything about weapon vendors? Was hoping we'd see a refresh with all the Year One weapons coming back. 

10 hours ago, Gorf King said:

The vendors will refresh weapons every week. So yeah, that's a pretty big change. 

As well as this (which they clarified means a new set of perks each week, not a new set of weapons), today's TWAB announced another change: the new and improved Necrochasm will be available from a quest. In your face, Mike!

48 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

As well as this (which they clarified means a new set of perks each week, not a new set of weapons), today's TWAB announced another change: the new and improved Necrochasm will be available from a quest. In your face, Mike!

Yeah, everyone will have one now Mike. Zing!

41 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I hope you can use the old crux for it, I've got a rotting old Necrochasm and two cruxes in the bank still.

Those are yesterdays news now. Get with the times.

Or rather, get with the binning. Vault space don't come cheap.