rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gorf King

Destiny: FIN

3 hours ago, Minty76 said:

Thanks for the update Dork King keep them coming.

Totally ignored Gorfs message at the bottom haha!

Let it Die and Elite have my attention at the moment and once that pitters off it will be The Division.

Rumour on NeoGAF via Reddit. TBH this sounds like a whole heap of nothing that anyone could make up based on available facts and common sense, so take with a skip full of salt.

Hello all,

Recently through contact with an employee within the Administrative ranks of Bungie I been presented with new information about the future of Destiny. I am to remain anonymous through this entire post due to the jeopardy of my contacts.

The next installment in the DESTINY franchise will be revealed as " Destiny II: Forge of Hope".

Will be launching in Q4 2017 with an estimated window release of November 4th to November 18th.

The next installment will be launching on five platforms: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio (TBA) and PC.

Console Exclusivity will remain with PlayStation but the exclusive period will be reduced to 3 Months.

Will launch with three editions.

Destiny II: Forge of Hope including TBA Preorder Bonus Destiny II: Forge of Hope including TBA Preorder, Special In-Game cosmetics. Destiny II: Forge of Hope Including TBA Preorder,Special In-Game cosmetics and a 1:2 Scale of the Exo Strangers Relic of Necessity.

The game has a whole new engine built from the ground up with the ability for Bungie to rapidly create and add new content to the world of Destiny.

Bungie is scheduling for an event release every 1-2 months centering around a theme similar to Overwatch while also delivering new narrative paths and new game play mechanics.

Spoilers on Story

The sequel will heavily focus on chronological events set after the Fall 2015 Expansion The Taken King. The cabal forces attack the city leaving the civilians and mentors of the tower defenseless. It is the guardians job to fight back the cabal and reclaim the city. While doing so the guardian will discover the long lost stories of Queen Mara Sov and The Exo Strangers motives. The story will culminate with the tower and city fighting back the Cabal empire resulting the guardian defeating the leader of the Cabal in the new Raid.

The Future of Destiny

Bungie is planning to release a substantial content updates for each quarter (Similar to the April Update)

Bungie already have a small team working on the first major expansion to be released in Fall 2018. Details are limited but it is aimed to be centred around the Vex and the Origins of Kabr and Praydeth.

This is all my info for now, there will be more in the future.

EDIT

NEW INFORMATION

Due to the new engine Bungie had to make the hard decision of previous Characters being left behind. The upside to this is the new release will have a more customization character creation including facial hair and class themed face paint and tattoos.

In a few days I will be presenting info about the upcoming Spring Update which will be releasing early May

• Upvote 1

Yup, that's just a small portion of cobblers created from stuff we can already reasonably infer from elsewhere, plus extra cobblers.

In news of real news news, that balance patch coming next week, of which I'm otherwise going to say nothing, will contain a further nerf to Bladedancers - because clearly they've not been nerfed enough by the last few balance updates and are far too OP compared to, say, all the struggling jug Titans out there - and as a result I'm boycotting Destiny for the rest of my life. Until the next content update.

All that rumoured info seems entirely plausible but somewhat moot given that any of us could have written up something similar. Either way, at least it should prompt people with actual sources to ask reach out for an update.

For me the only thing lending any credence to the details is the subtitle, as if you were making stuff up surely you'd a) think of something more convincing, or b) omit it entirely.

No no no no no, all content on GAF is checked for being troo - if you post lies on their they force you to play xbox for the rest of your life so we need to take that as gospel..

Obviously bollocks as there's no way Activision would put this so close to COD. Late September/early Oct as per, I expect.

Love that "jeopardy of my contacts" line too, he's clearly done this before.

It's not so much the announcements, as the announcements about not having an announcement but announcing that there will be an announcement about the announcement just as soon as it's the right time to announce that an announcement about the announcement announcement is going to be announced. But in the meantime, we're all working hard to make sure you're kept up to date. Just look at how hard I'm working on this post! I must have written over two thousand words already and I haven't even said anything yet. And look at this video someone sent in of some Guardians dancing on Crota's grave! Man, you guys are so cool, doing all this cool shit. We love you. You love us. Let's fuck sometime! But for now, goodbye, until next week's update update.

*switches off stream, snorts more coke*

• Upvote 2

On 09/02/2017 at 15:51, Gorf King said:

It's not so much the announcements, as the announcements about not having an announcement but announcing that there will be an announcement about the announcement just as soon as it's the right time to announce that an announcement about the announcement announcement is going to be announced. But in the meantime, we're all working hard to make sure you're kept up to date. Just look at how hard I'm working on this post! I must have written over two thousand words already and I haven't even said anything yet. And look at this video someone sent in of some Guardians dancing on Crota's grave! Man, you guys are so cool, doing all this cool shit. We love you. You love us. Let's fuck sometime! But for now, goodbye, until next week's update update.

Back in the Halo 2 and 3 days the weekly updates had actual stuff, screenshots, models, or at very least Frankie talking about his favourite little details that had been added.

It'd be good if you could get a 3D printed version of your current character, with their actual gear, rather than some generic guardian. It wouldn't be good obviously, it'd be tragic, but also quite good. 

• Upvote 2

Man, I've been craving a bit of new Destiny lately. Having finished Yakuza 0 - buy it, you fools - I'm at a bit of a loss for something to play at the moment. I've got a fair few unfinished games, some of which are decent, but somehow the old affliction's back: none of them are quite doing it for me. Not like Destiny used to.

I've even hopped briefly back on the old nag to do a few strikes. And they're pretty good fun of course (unless there's a void burn and you want to use Truth, in which case, cheers Bungie! You useless fucking fucks. I really hope in D2 they separate out the 'balancing' in PvP from its effects on PvE. In fact, I'd rather they just did away with any attempt at balancing (it'll never be a truly 'competitive' game due to its nature) than nerfed the glorious overpoweredness of exotics down to mediocrity).

Anyway, all this led to some Destiny reminiscing. And in another attempt to convince myself that it's a fact that Bungie will release the sequel not just this year, but in September, I did a little sketch of key dates in their development so far, i.e. paid-for releases.

Destiny%20timeline_Other.png

They're obviously going to release in September, aren't they? I reckon it's pretty much a 4-1 odds on favourite. And when you think that D1's basically just been staffed by the B-Team ever since TTK, they'll have had two years to develop D2, and quite a bit of stuff left over in terms of assets, characters etc from pre-TTK to give them a boost up. So I'm pretty confident about the predictions in that timeline, except for the future raid stuff (I reckon if there is a raid/heroic raid couplet it'll be strung out a bit longer rather than mirroring WotM timescales).

Anyway, yeah - although we all know it anyway, it was instructive to visualise just how much more frequent and dense the content releases in Y1 and running up to TTK were, and how they'll obviously all skived off to work on the sequel ever since. And remember how we used to moan about lack of new content in Y1? Well, I can't wait to get back to doing that this autumn.

Xuir is By the Crucible Quartermaster

Legacy engram [helmet] – 29SC
Twilight Garrison [Exotic Titan chest armour] – 13SC
Celestial Nighthawk [Exotic Hunter helmet] – 13SC
Claws of Ahamkara [Exotic Warlock gauntlets] – 13SC
Hawkmoon [Exotic hand cannon] – 23SC
Three of Coins – 7SC

I've started playing this again now that I have the 2nd PS4 up & running I have a fireteam playing with my sons. My youngest always goes full Leeroooy Jenkins but my oldest is more measured like me. Still good fun in a party.

So much fun. We've got a fireteam of six now in my friendship group so I can finally experience the raids the way they should be done. I'd only done Vault of Glass before and we did Crota's End last week. It was great working it all out together with none of us having any previous knowledge. We're going through vog again now and I'm really looking forward King's Fall in particular, as well as getting up those final five light levels and hunting the odd few exotics that catch my eye.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fury4k said:

So much fun. We've got a fireteam of six now in my friendship group so I can finally experience the raids the way they should be done. I'd only done Vault of Glass before and we did Crota's End last week. It was great working it all out together with none of us having any previous knowledge. We're going through vog again now and I'm really looking forward King's Fall in particular, as well as getting up those final five light levels and hunting the odd few exotics that catch my eye.

I envy you, if I could go back to experiencing all that for the first time again I would.

The weekly Destiny reset has arrived, alongside the typical changes. Your Nightfall strike has been updated, Prison of Elders bosses and modifiers have been changed, a different raid challenge is now in effect, and more.

Later today, Iron Banner will also kick off with Supremacy as the mode of choice, and a bunch of new rewards for all classes.

Weekly Nightfall

Fallen S.A.B.E.R. is this week’s strike with modifiers Brawler, Grounded, Chaff, and Fresh Troops.

Brawler increases the melee damage you do. Grounded makes you take more damage while in the air. Chaff disables your radar. Fresh Troops increase the number of enemies in some squads.

Heroic playlist modifiers

Void Burn, Brawler, Ironclad.

Crucible playlists

Mayhem Rumble.

Wrath of the Machine raid challenge

Aksis is the one challenging you in the Wrath of the Machine raid this week. 

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/28/destiny-weekly-reset-for-february-28-nightfall-crucible-raid-challenge-changes-detailed/

• Upvote 1

My Mario impression on Felwinter Peak

I've still not managed to climb to the top of the stupid mountain!

• Upvote 2

Jumped in to some Iron Banner last night, my first Crucible since before Christmas and it seems Bungie have finally managed to get the weapon balancing spot-on. The meta seems to be everything. I was using a different gun every game and they were all viable. Monte Carlo, Shadow Price, Jade Rabbit, PDX-45, Clever Dragon, DIS-47 and Trespasser were all serious fun and this was in Supremacy too, who would have thought. 

I'm just killing time until Mass Effect arrives but feels good to play crucible and not be frustrated by shotgunning twats. 

Apparently they are announcing the Spring content at 5pm today. Or at least announcing when they will be revealing the announcement for the reveal that will showcased in a series of reveals before a full announcement...... or something...who hell can understand Deej's twaddle

Xur is by the gaint door next to the speaker

Legacy engram [Helmet] – 29SC
An Insurmountable Skullfort [Exotic Titan helmet] – 13SC
ATS/8 Tarantella [Exotic Hunter chest armour] – 13SC
Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour] – 13SC
The 4th Horseman [Exotic shotgun] – 17SC
Three of Coins – 7SC

• Upvote 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-destiny-characters-will-not-carry-over-to-destiny-2

Your Destiny character progress will be reset for Destiny 2, Bungie has confirmed.

Destiny 2 is expected to launch this September.

More to follow.

I for one am happy. In all honesty, I hope Bungie forgets Destiny 1 ever existed and creates something entirely new that is truly Legend(ary). Cautiously looking forward to Destiny 2.

• Upvote 1

Bungie's announced the announcement of the plan for Destiny's termination in The Road Ahead

• The Age of Triumph is the final live event of D1
  • It will be revealed on Wed 8 March, presumably in a Twitch stream
  • It will be a 'fun and memorable celebration that will bring the first major chapter of our Destiny adventures to a fitting close'

The Road Ahead had better involve The Raid Ahead or there'll be trouble. But whatever it is, it seems to involve something called the 'Age of Triumph Weekly Rituals' which will be revealed on Wed 15 March, and the 'Age of Triumph Sandbox Update which will be revealed the following week. Soooo... that sounds like a remix of old content, basically.

Also, only personalisation stuff will carry over to D2 (e.g. race, gender, etc - not even emblems and shaders as far as I can see (which is a good thing to my sick-to-the-fucking-back-teeth of these endless emblems/shaders mind)). I'll put details in the D2 thread, though that is basically all the details we have.

• Upvote 2

Oh, and:

banner_2.jpg

Of the Age of Triumph Weekly Ritual icons, the last one is obviously a raid. Raids with modifiers? Raids that are modified. Old content spruced up - a celebratory remix. Modified old raids. Hmm. But what could that mean? It can mean only one thing.

VoG is back, baby.

Edit: I forgot this image, which kind of gives the game away all by itself:

banner_1.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=986140473

• Upvote 3