IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

So having really not enjoyed pvp Destiny, I've not played it much at all. I guess for the new thorn quest  I've played a little crucible recently and found it much more enjoyable so will probably play some iron banner this week.

Having never played it before, are there tips or tricks I should be aware of? I'm interested in the rewards too, I have 3 characters at 395ish.

Aksis challenge video explanation:

The guy made the video a while ago, and his raid team uses this method every time, correctly guessing it would be the way to do the challenge. Seems easy enough, though putting it into practice may take a bit of getting used to.

3 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

So, Aksis challenge mode seems to be, as expected. 

Hide contents

All empowered players need to discharge their empowerment with every teleport. 

One player will be doing that by jumping on Aksis back but the other two will need to go to the servitors plates. 

The two players not slamming need to discharge BEFORE the other player slams so positioning, timing, comms and all that jazz needs to be even tighter.

Only one of the empowered players has to slam for the supercharge. Not all plates are active though, so it's best that both players run to their respective plates regardless

Its best to be in-between the plates and the slam spot, or you may be too far away for slams or discharges. The yellow striped floor area on the left and right sides seems a good marker for where to stand (as shown in the video I posted), and bungie may well have purposefully marked them for this reason.

Patch just went live. No Iron Banner yet though.

Patch notes - https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45367/7_Destiny-Hotfix---110816

Activities

Strikes

Fixed an issue where The Taken Archon Priest in the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping Skeleton Keys at the intended rate

Crucible

Maps

Fixed an issue where players were able to access the rooftops on Skyline

Items

Fixed an issue where Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible weapons were not decrypting from Engrams

Fixed an issue where Comitatus was continuing to not drop properly from Faction Packages for players who own Kondratyuk's Escape

Fixed an issue where Armor decrypted from Dusty Engrams was dismantling into Legendary Marks

It will now dismantle into 1 Silver Dust

Removed Silver Dust cost to apply Iron Lord, Trials of Osiris, and Heroic Mode Raid Armor Ornaments

Players will now earn SIVA Key Fragments at an overall increased rate

The first time a Raid boss is killed on Normal difficulty they will drop three SIVA Key Fragments. For the next kill that week, they will drop two, and then one for the third kill that week

After the fourth or greater kill, the boss will no longer drop SIVA Key Fragments for the week

The same behavior will occur for killing Heroic bosses

Still no trophy/emblem fix for attuning all 8 Iron Lord artifacts. Wonder if Comitatus is actually fixed this time....

For the first time in ages I don't want to play IB, last few sessions on PvP have been awful with just horrible connection problems - this was in the period Bungie came out and said they were actively banning people so maybe something was happening but it was miserable and killed my mojo :(

I wonder if there is some place were all these cheating shits meet up to discuss exploits and flat out cheating, exploits aren't as bad but some dirty ones with cover/headshots that seemed to being used lots more of late - some sort of cuntweb I guess :(

The rolls on the weapons being sold are quite shit as far as I can tell, and the armour isn't the best either I think. Its really only useful for raising light level at this point, unless you want a god roll pulse rifle or iron banner machine gun. The bounties can reward stuff not being sold of course, so worth doing those at the very least. I'd personally like an Iron Banner scout rifle, but little else I think.

I would complain but I got head and arms from the two bounties I finished last night, taking me to 400. It was way too generous last time so I guess they had to do something, but killing the rankup packages is a very strange decision indeed. Once you've done the bounties you're just playing for drops, really, unless you're desperate for the vendor weapons. They do seem to keep disincentivising us from actually playing the thing, don't they.

Challenge mode last night was, as expected, a bit of a struggle. We got it down, had a couple of good runs, decided to give it one more go before bed and... we did it! Except we didn't. He teleported right, then went almost immediately to mid for final stand, before we could discharge and stun. If I had to guess I'd say someone charged a cannon shot before the teleport, so the damage from that counted post-teleport and was enough to push him into final stand. Dumb fucking luck. 

Still, on the bright side, my warlock is 400 and the world's going to end soon.

We got to Aksis to give Challenge a go (but essentially with the plan to do a proper go on Thursdag) and as has been the case consistently with our team, we still struggle to get a consistent rhythm on the basics. 

We just can't consistently even get the necessary Captain/Servitor/Bomb flow going.

Did the challenge mode yesterday..... it was alright. Was quite stressful as its absolutely zero room for error, key thing is chat to a minimum, switchers switch and be ready to turn around and leg it to the pad. Wasn't fun like the Oryx challenge modes as Supercharging is a bit of an unnecessary mechanic in the scheme of things.