IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

DD isn't the only 'raidworthy' exotic, y'know there are plenty that'll make life easier. Glasshouse, No Backup Plans, Claws of Ahamkara, to name a few. I'm not suggesting you throw heavy at factions either, just keep hold of that 390 stuff, it's still useful.

And, well, to take DD as an example - Harsin and/or  Spatch infused theirs up to 385 / 90 last night and it made life a bit easier. So, ner!

Sure, DD is super useful, which is why it's one of the first heavies I took over 390. I'm just saying I expect most people over 390 have already taken their most useful stuff to 390+ in order to get to 390+, and that's how they got to 390+... otherwise, what have they been up to? So if you're over 390 investing in heavy ammo synths to speed up faction ranking seems a bit odd. That was what my post was addressing, not some belief which I don't hold that 390 items are useless.

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

There's still value in faction packages for sure but they're not so exciting anymore. They should add skeleton keys to the loot table I think, would spice things up a bit. 

Where'd you hear that about 2018 Gorf? I think it's very, very early for a decision like that to be made unless they're in an absolute mess over there. Or maybe silver sales are going so well they're going to try and eke another year out of it, but I doubt that. 

I agree it's probably bollocks. It must, I guess, have been somewhere like reddit since I, er, read it somewhere. And when it comes to Destiny I only really read this place and reddit apart from Bungie sources, and it obviously didn't come from there. Can't remember the exact comments now, as I dismissed them as the most scurrilous of rumours at the time, which they probably are. I'm not placing any store in them.

Destiny itself obviously continues to sell well in its present form, though. I'm not sure if 'digital sales' include silver, but you've probably seen that in the US, Destiny topped the digital sales console chart last month - https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/ - and looking at other data going way back from that site, even in January and February 2015 - surely among the deadest times for Destiny - it was still in the top ten (#3 in Jan and #7 in Feb). I mean, that's a month and two months after the release of the supposedly 'worst' expansion, right? And just this August, at the tail end of its longest drought ever, it grossed $7.2 million 'digitally' in the US (which increased to $59.1m last month with the RoI release). So it seems it's still a big money maker in its current state. Must be tempting to keep the relatively small DLC release pattern going a bit longer.

7 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Had a great game of Supremacy earlier for the daily, and came top of the winning team.

... Only for someone from the losing side to send me a message afterwards, accusing me of cheating with a bad connection.

WTF? Fuck off, sore loser.

Woah whoa whoa you are getting angry about this - its a glorious thing and you should embrace it, ideally you reply with a simple picture of a spilled salt shaker and let the good times roll.

maxresdefault.jpg

Let's talk Assault Rifles. What is your go to gun?

I'd been using Monte Carlo for a while, but with Sleeper Simulant now on the scene I've needed to switch up. I got Extremophile 011...sorry, meant to say EXTREMOPHILEO11!!!...from a Dead Orbit faction rank up and really enjoying it. The range isn't as good as the Monte, but my roll means it's pretty stable and the mag size at 41 means you can take out groups before reloading. Not tried it in the Crucible yet, but so far it's making a great alternative to the exotic.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like we have a opening in our raid group if anyone's interested? Ideally looking for someone who is hard mode ready-ish (375+) and can raid on weekday evenings 10pm til 11.30-12 on PS4. 

If anyone is interested just reply in this thread with your PSN ID:

And that's 400! :D

Ended up needing legs & helmet for the last two points, got an exotic leg engram from a strike, followed by the Helm of Malok from a strike hoard chest.

All that without even having set foot into the Hard Raid ( not by choice, scheduling conflicts within our group ), which would have undoubtedly made the whole thing much, much easier.

For the most part it has been a very enjoyable grind; exotic engrams drop with reasonable regularity, the crucible rewards weapon drops on probably the same frequency & the Forge has been a god-send for ghosts / artefacts.

I guess Skeleton Keys could drop more often but the way I see it, in all the pre-key strikes I've run, I have only ever had two unique boss drops ( one Imago Loop & one Tread Among The Stars ) so if the drop rate of the keys is supposed to mimic the old drop rate of the actual items, they've done a pretty good job of matching that.

Hopefully get a Hard Raid in at some point, then finish off the book & probably take a break until SRL in December. ^_^

On 30/10/2016 at 11:56, SpagMasterSwift said:

Let's talk Assault Rifles. What is your go to gun?

I'd been using Monte Carlo for a while, but with Sleeper Simulant now on the scene I've needed to switch up. I got Extremophile 011...sorry, meant to say EXTREMOPHILEO11!!!...from a Dead Orbit faction rank up and really enjoying it. The range isn't as good as the Monte, but my roll means it's pretty stable and the mag size at 41 means you can take out groups before reloading. Not tried it in the Crucible yet, but so far it's making a great alternative to the exotic.

yeah loved the Extremophile, was my go-to from when I was humble and 335 to 385, then weapon snobbery kicked in ("I'm not using something you can buy in a SHOP!") and it got sharded. Your one has a nice roll though! Hidden Hand is like magic.

So finished the Raid (Normal) for the first time last night - managed to one shot the last boss after previous weeks learning him.

Love the raid. It's a lovely little (although still decent sized) mixed of fights and activities.

Not sure I'd rate it above KF - mainly cus I'm a sucker for setting/purpose and Oryx was a much better villain than Siva :P

Got the Scout Rifle that feels like it hits like a freaking truck (in the raid, no idea in general) and is far more stable that the graphic recoil would suggest

Now to try Hard Mode :D

I love the raid scout, though that may be because the game keeps flinging them at me with such relentless insistence that I think it would be rude not to use it. Especially great on bosses with big crits, like Sepiks, or even Devil Walkers, where every leg shot counts. If you hit a crit with every bullet you get like 44 shots before you have to reload. Absurd.

Still really want the hand cannon though. Maybe tonight.

On 31/10/2016 at 10:23, LiMuBai said:

Looks like we have a opening in our raid group if anyone's interested? Ideally looking for someone who is hard mode ready-ish (375+) and can raid on weekday evenings 10pm til 11.30-12 on PS4. 

If anyone is interested just reply in this thread with your PSN ID:

We're still looking for a 6th if anybody is interested?

I've done the hard raid like 5 times or so now, and only ever had the hand cannon drop once. Have had multiple pulse rifles, about 3 or 4 scouts (they are the best all round primary in the raid) and lord knows how many auto rifles (which I now dismantle instantly).

Hand cannon one shots the shanks, but otherwise I don't think its that great, mainly due to how bloom works, which is very disappointing (main reason I don't use hand cannons anymore - who wants bullets that randomly hit their mark?!?).

The raid sniper and machine guns are pretty great though, if you can get them. Which is funny, as they've been thrown at me practically every time where they drop. That's nice, but I would like some armour now and then instead thanks!

Afaik it's just an ornament. But there's another emblem left as well, I think. And maybe the ship drops more often from Aksis on HM challenge mode or something. Dunno.

The raid ornaments look a bit... underwhelming, it has to be said. Almost unnoticeable.