IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

With Crucible quest steps, I just tend to forget about them and play the game and eventually something will pop up on your screen that says you've completed it. Going with sword is a fun way to play crucible, getting one kill a day over the course of a month is better than not getting any at all. 

You really need Dark Drinker in your life.

4 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Speaking of old quests, I never got round to getting Dark Drinker, and have seen it used to great effect in the raid, so thought I'd give it a go.

Forgot all about the material hunt. Loaded in to Mars patrol and thought, oh, I only need ten, that won't take long. What an idiot. Find rate was about 10 per cent. 

I gave up with it after about an hour and finding 1 . Fuck. That.

12 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Think I've used about 6 or 7 skeleton keys on the shield brothers strike since RoI came out and every time it's been that scout rifle rather than the titan gauntlets that I want. Fuck this.

Your issue here is that you want them, couldn't give a shit about my Goalie and guess what the first thing to drop with a skeleton key was....

Rise of Iron suffers from gear overload to a certain extent. I got a really nice scout rifle from a skeleton key chest, and I've hardly used it because I fluked a FWC scout rifle (The Wounded) from a faction package that had the Hung Jury perks. it's so fucking good that I haven't really used anything else - it's got firefly, and either triple tap or hammer forged as the other perk. If you combine it with the artefact that gives you a high-res radar and lets you use it while aiming, then it's like an exotic without needing to give up an exotic slot.

It looks godawful, like all FWC stuff - those colours belong on shellsuits, not on guns - but it hits like a bigger boy's flicked finger on a smaller boy's ear.

20 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

If you have one exotic sword can you get a different elemental type on that same character or do you have to do it on an alt?

How do you do it again? it was aaaaaages ago...

I got 2 in one go so you can defi get them on same character, I think I did all 3 on the same but I can't remember exactly what I did - I seem to recall some moving of aspects of the quest but that doesnt make sense!?

1 hour ago, Mafro said:

You can just buy the three legendary swords from Shaxx now and I think the exotic quest starts the you infuse one of them past 280 light and fully level it up or something.

There you go LeChuck. Get Dark Drinker man!

I got as far as needing to kill Ecthar, Sword of Oryx, in the Exotic sword quest and then left it. Thought about going back to it, until I got the RoI Exotic sword and decided bollocks to it.

I got Sleeper Stimulant at the weekend, finally. Took a while to get a Warsat on Mars - the app I was using didn't seem very accurate for Mars.

It's an interesting weapon. I think I'll keep it, rather than just sharding it like I did the Thorn I got at the weekend.

Hit 385 this evening, thanks to the RNGods smiling on me. I was being held back by my primary and my leg armour. Did a strike... Got a purple engram for a primary weapon, which decrypted at 385. Did a public event on patrol... Got a purple engram for leg armour, which decrypted at 385. Also had a blue engram decrypt into 385 purple legs in the same Cryptarch session, too.

6 hours ago, K said:

Rise of Iron suffers from gear overload to a certain extent. I got a really nice scout rifle from a skeleton key chest, and I've hardly used it because I fluked a FWC scout rifle (The Wounded) from a faction package that had the Hung Jury perks. it's so fucking good that I haven't really used anything else - it's got firefly, and either triple tap or hammer forged as the other perk. If you combine it with the artefact that gives you a high-res radar and lets you use it while aiming, then it's like an exotic without needing to give up an exotic slot.

It looks godawful, like all FWC stuff - those colours belong on shellsuits, not on guns - but it hits like a bigger boy's flicked finger on a smaller boy's ear.

I love my Cryptic Dragon legendary scout rifle even more than my MIDA - explosive rounds, triple tap, and firefly, with the Iron Lord artifact for ADS radar :) Lets me keep the Gally etc. in my heavy slot.

10 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

If you have one exotic sword can you get a different elemental type on that same character or do you have to do it on an alt?

How do you do it again? it was aaaaaages ago...

If you've already done one sword quest you can do the others on the same character and it skips a big chunk of it, starting you on the materials/ability kills phase. You don't need to do the crucible bit again, thank god. 

Did another half an hour on mars last night, found one material. Now on 6/10 and about 35% of required kills. Just gonna chip away at it like this I think because it really is ever so boring. 

40 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I'll need it for dark drinker eventually, and I think @spatular needs it too.

Is it the version of Sunless Cell where you have to kill 2 bosses within 30 seconds at the end? I still have it in my quests so happy to help out when you get to this point.

WEEKLY RESET 25-31 October

Festival of the Lost is now live.

Nightfall is The Sunless Cell with Brawler, Chaff, Match Game and Exposure.

The Heroic strike playlist takes Solar Burn, Small Arms and Fresh Troops.

The featured weekly Crucible is Combined Arms, and the non-featured weekly Crucible is Rumble Supremacy. 

CoE features Brawler, Juggler and a Super Kill Bonus.

This week's artefacts:

Memory of Radegast (reflect with sword) - Dis 31/74, Str 34/77

Memory of Gheleon (detailed radar) - Str 67/110

Memory of Skorri (super recharge) – Dis 31/74, Str 30/73

RoI weekly bounties are (Shiro) Complete patrols in Plaguelands, Kill Fallen in Plaguelands, 4 Vandal encounters in Archon's, 4 Servitor encounters in Archon's; (Shaxx) Supremacy - 7 matches, 50 primary kills, 30 kill credits, 20 crests denied.

Destiny Update - Festival of the LostOct 11 - Destiny Dev Team

The one about Festival of the Lost.

Activities

Visit Eva Levante in the Tower to Trick or Treat and earn paper Masks

Visit Tyra Karn in the Iron Temple to assist with a task

Trials of Osiris has become a bit spookier during Festival of the Lost

The following sources can yield a unique Festival of the Lost vanity item:

Trials of Osiris

Crucible Matches

Strike Hoards

Social 

The Tower, Reef, and Iron Temple have been decorated in honor of Festival of the Lost

Festive music has been added in social spaces

Eververse

Treasures of the Lost is now available and contains new Masks, Bad Juju Ornaments, a Sparrow, Ghost Shells, and Consumables

Once Festival of the Lost ends, the Bad Juju Ornaments will be added to Radiant Treasures

Last year's Festival exclusive Emotes Monster Dance, Zombie Dance, and Boo, have returned to Eververse

Two new limited Emotes are available: Terrify and Howl

Vendors

Eva Levante will stop selling Emblems during Festival of the Lost in order to provide players with special Festival items 

After Festival of the Lost, her normal Emblem inventory will return