IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Obviously not. Where there are issues with lag in Destiny, it's almost always to do with Destiny, not with PSN. Players on both platforms make a similar number of complaints about it. This example's obviously extreme, and perhaps - or perhaps not - intentional.

As well as the Ghorn, I also decided to work through the Sleeper Simulant exotic questline - I know, I'm old school - just checking that I need to do public events with the Warsat dropping to finish this off? If so is the old timer site reliable or should I just play the game and let it come naturally (Oh My LOL) - plus is it even worth getting these days? I don't remember hearing much chatter about it tbh...

I did the Sleeper Simulant quest recently - shout out to Gorf King - and the public event websites seemed fairly accurate, although the one I used seemed to be consistently a couple of minutes out. I didn't realise the SS was a heavy weapon, and it seems pretty useful - it completely wrecks bosses if you get a precision shot in, it's like the spartan laser from Halo with a shorter charge time. It's no Plan C, put it that way. Plus, you get nine shots as opposed to five or six from most rocket launchers.

I'm not sure whether it's worth an exotic slot when you could have MIDA as a primary, or Tresspasser as a secondary, but that's probably more down to how I play the game.

Speaking of old quests, I never got round to getting Dark Drinker, and have seen it used to great effect in the raid, so thought I'd give it a go.

Forgot all about the material hunt. Loaded in to Mars patrol and thought, oh, I only need ten, that won't take long. What an idiot. Find rate was about 10 per cent. 

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Why is it so good?

I've been using pulsing Nemesis Star (I've got the Raid Rocket Launcher, but always end up hitting someone in fronts head and dying to splash)

EARLY RAID SPOILERS!!

Dattos videos are mega geeky and contain lots of maths but are an entertaining watch and as he says at the end you will be just fine with pretty much any half decent heavy. Gally, Nemesis Star or Dark Drinker will all melt most bosses. 

As our team have found out over the last few nights, just staying alive is harder in most parts of the hard mode raid than getting sufficient damage on any boss. 

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Speaking of old quests, I never got round to getting Dark Drinker, and have seen it used to great effect in the raid, so thought I'd give it a go.

Forgot all about the material hunt. Loaded in to Mars patrol and thought, oh, I only need ten, that won't take long. What an idiot. Find rate was about 10 per cent. 

I was going to do this too before remembering how tedious the material gathering and mandatory crucible stuff was.

Getting 25 sword kills in Crucible is daunting to the point where I can't be bothered even attempting it. The heavy weapons only spawn once or twice per game, and the area around the heavy weapon ammo is generally an ambush nightmare. You can get the kills by hitting people with the hilt, but fuck that.

10 minutes ago, K said:

Getting 25 sword kills in Crucible is daunting to the point where I can't be bothered even attempting it. The heavy weapons only spawn once or twice per game, and the area around the heavy weapon ammo is generally an ambush nightmare. You can get the kills by hitting people with the hilt, but fuck that.

Private match says hello...

Really wish they just wouldn't have crucible stuff as quest steps for weapons. That's the main reason why I just deleted the quest for the Chaperone. Had enough of that type of stuff when doing the Thorn bounty the other week.