IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

3oC's for me as well as some glass needles. Not much point heavy ammo'ing now all factions are capped at 390, unless its for alts I suppose.

Top tip if you want high LL weapons though - play Mayhem Clash. A lot. Games are quick, and purples drop fairly often.

Unless your name is MikeDracula. Then the game tells you to fuck off and get some sleep.

1 hour.....madman.

It's been a busy week. I did warn you I wouldn't be updating the thread/OP!

Drops make less sense than ever to me now. RNG aside, raid ones seem fine (except for often getting what are presumably NM exotics (since they are at 385) from non-boss HM raid chests - that makes no sense in terms of reward for the activity you're doing). Trials bounties (inc gold) giving only up to 390 rewards makes no sense to me either, when random Crucible drops for coming last in a shitty match go all the way to 400, and I guess IB ones will too, and you'll be showered with them.

But Bungie, I suppose. There's always some oddity in the levelling systems, as well as the RNG that's caused my last five exotic engrams to decrypt identically to my current LL (and lower than the items that were already in that slot). Hmm. It's not about 'wanting to be max light on day one'. I just wish they'd make it all make a bit more sense.

Up until last night, I'd been alright with the way it works now ( Trials bounties not being up to 400 is bullshit though, considering it's a LL-based activity ) but then I had two exotics decrypt *below* my current light level, which is just :angry:.

Also the Forge, which usually loves me gave me nothing but the occasional artefact for a whole hour last night

Trials only give weapons though up to 400

The Trials bounties make a bit of sense since they're pretty easy to grind out - higher light as post game (and lighthouse) rewards makes sense.

I'm liking normal mode raid drops - with all the "hidden chests" throughout (we found 2/5 - guided the rest) you get plenty of legenday engrams so we shot up to nearer 385 last night

10 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Trials only give weapons though up to 400

The Trials bounties make a bit of sense since they're pretty easy to grind out - higher light as post game (and lighthouse) rewards makes sense.

I'm liking normal mode raid drops - with all the "hidden chests" throughout (we found 2/5 - guided the rest) you get plenty of legenday engrams so we shot up to nearer 385 last night

No they don't. You can get armour as well, hence the 2 pieces I have that need ornaments. They were higher than my light back when I got them. You also get random drops at the end of matches that I bet go up to 400 light, same as normal Crucible. Its just the bounties are out of whack.

I don't particularly care that much, but as Gorf says its a really weird system and people had to test the drops to find out. Bungie hasnt stated the trials bounties only go up to 390.

Yeah, but not easier to grind out than playing a normal Crucible match.

And it'd only be the gold bounty which contained something anyway, so that'd be a maximum of 4 drops per week, which doesn't sound so bad considering it's a minimum of 4 matches, if you win each one.

41 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

I had two exotics decrypt *below* my current light level, which is just :angry:.

Yup same thing happened to me three times yesterday along with two at my current level, Made even worse by the fact I just needed 1 light level to get to the next whole number. I was very salty.

Having random drops up to 400 for regular crucible is insane though, cant work out the logic of that at all.

Heres where to get up to 400 light gear:

Helm + arms + class items - Strike hoard chests - you should still be able to load up any strike you want from the director and open the chest at the end. At least that's what it used to be like prior to the recent patch.

Class Item + Artifact + Ghost - Archon's Forge

Weapons - Crucible

This is outside of the raid, or any "end game" like activity. Obviously the problem then is chest and legs, to which you will have to either rely on exotic drops, or hard mode raid, trials or wait for Iron Banner I suppose.

46 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

It's been a busy week. I did warn you I wouldn't be updating the thread/OP!

Drops make less sense than ever to me now. RNG aside, raid ones seem fine (except for often getting what are presumably NM exotics (since they are at 385) from non-boss HM raid chests - that makes no sense in terms of reward for the activity you're doing).

Non boss chests can drop 385+ exotics. They can also drop NM light exotics.

Normal Crucible weapon drops go to 400. IB weapon and armour drops will go to 400. The Trials gold reward package gives you something up to 390. This is the hardest PvP activity in the game, which is reliant on LL and quite a lot of skill (and luck). There's almost no point in the Trials bounties at all - in terms of LL they are useless. Contrast that with getting weapons up to 400 from going afk in a losing Control match.

It's the random drops in vanilla Crucible that make this so absurd, especially when we're getting exotics out of HM raid chests at 385 as several of us did last night. It's messed up. It makes absolutely no sense in terms of the level and type of activity having a commensurate reward.

12 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Non boss chests can drop 385+ exotics. They can also drop NM light exotics.

I know. What I'm saying is that it's pointless having the >385 exotics in there given we're doing a HM raid. They should have just had >400 exotics in HM non-boss chests. Like they have >385 ones in NM chests (though I've actually had higher than that out of them, which just underlines how stupid the whole thing is).

This, again, in the context of having vanilla Crucible give you weapons up to 400. I don't see how this can be hand waved away. It's a stupid system.

That makes no difference, as I'm not taking issue with boss drops or boss chests. It's the content of the non-boss chests that I'm taking issue with, and the content of the Trials gold bounty reward. They don't belong in LL400 activities. Just like LL400 rewards don't belong as random drops in a non-LL activity like regular Crucible. The contrast of the two is absurd.

I don't know how to make this any clearer. Not everything Bungie do works as well as it should. This is one of those occasions. The rewards system makes no sense in parts, and these are those parts.

21 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Heres where to get up to 400 light gear:

Helm + arms + class items - Strike hoard chests - you should still be able to load up any strike you want from the director and open the chest at the end. At least that's what it used to be like prior to the recent patch.

Class Item + Artifact + Ghost - Archon's Forge

Weapons - Crucible

This is outside of the raid, or any "end game" like activity. Obviously the problem then is chest and legs, to which you will have to either rely on exotic drops, or hard mode raid, trials or wait for Iron Banner I suppose.

You can definitely get the hoard chest from the director strikes as that's what I did yesterday for the S.A.B.E.R strike in order to get a Heavy Weapon.

10 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

You can definitely get the hoard chest from the director strikes as that's what I did yesterday for the S.A.B.E.R strike in order to get a Heavy Weapon.

Don't do what I did though and forget to put your highest level light gear on before opening it :doh:

21 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

That makes no difference, as I'm not taking issue with boss drops or boss chests. It's the content of the non-boss chests that I'm taking issue with, and the content of the Trials gold bounty reward. They don't belong in LL400 activities. Just like LL400 rewards don't belong as random drops in a non-LL activity like regular Crucible. The contrast of the two is absurd.

I don't know how to make this any clearer. Not everything Bungie do works as well as it should. This is one of those occasions. The rewards system makes no sense in parts, and these are those parts.

The heroic raid drops definitely seem to work as well as they should.

11 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

The heroic raid drops definitely seem to work as well as they should.

Yes, the drops do. But not the non-boss chests.

I dunno. Try reading my first post on the last page, where I already explicitly acknowledged this to prevent having to go over the same ground repeatedly, as well as saying it's not about wanting to get to max light on day one (or even in week one) to prevent a shimmy 'entitled whiners' assault. It's merely observing that some of the rewards for some activities make no sense compared to others. Because they do not.

The end.