IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

18 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Damnit. I got rid of mine

16 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I got rid of my old raisins too. 

Fools. You are dead to me. Whatever blandishments the agents of wrong may whisper in your ear, I was taught, hold firm. Hold firm to your raisins. Trust in the raisins. They always come good in the end.

You'll probably be able to use them as ornaments for old raid armour to bring it up to LL400. That's the rumour on the street.

Edit: Oh Jesus Fuck, shimmy's still got his too. They're bound to do fuck all now. Bastard.

12 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Fools. You are dead to me. Whatever blandishments the agents of wrong may whisper in your ear, I was taught, hold firm. Hold firm to your raisins. Trust in the raisins. They always come good in the end.

You'll probably be able to use them as ornaments for old raid armour to bring it up to LL400. That's the rumour on the street.

I herd that you can swap them for ornaments for trials gear.

Does that mean I can finally get those fuckers out of my vault? Hurrah! Except the skull mask of course, that is awesome. 

The whole packages only up to 390 thing is baffling. Once you're over 390, bounties, patrols etc all become a bit pointless except to get the odd bit of gear you might want. 

Forgot to mention here, but Shiro's bounties have a (small) chance to reward legendary weapons. I've had 2 now from them, along with Thorn twice (he must like me). No idea what they go up to, but the last ones I had went above my current light level, so they may go above 385 post patch as well.

So worth keeping and doing Shiro's bounties until we find out differently.

Edit: had to trawl Reddit to confirm, but its there. Seems the drops are adjusted to your light level.

18 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Does that mean I can finally get those fuckers out of my vault? Hurrah! Except the skull mask of course, that is awesome. 

The whole packages only up to 390 thing is baffling. Once you're over 390, bounties, patrols etc all become a bit pointless except to get the odd bit of gear you might want. 

Packages have never been top light level tho, whats baffling about that not changing?

Yeah weird choice, gating off people to either pvp or the raid. 

Got a 387 rocket launcher and a cool camo ghost from the Dead Orbit package earlier, so ain't too bad and I've got a shed tonne of Spinmetal to rank up again by 10pm anyway.

Now, anyone need a number 6 for HM later?

34 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Up until about 2 hours ago, they went up to 385. 

It was a big light level jump with another coming, it was to get people raid ready - if they were full fat 400 now you could hit 400 in a few mins if you stacked enough motes and materials and then have 9 months with nothing to do!

Basically they have to factor in people who spend far too much time in Destiny against those that can't - I could power on the PS4 and hit 390 fairly easily with my edged factions and abundance of motes and spin metal but have to work for 400 in the Raid/Trials/Shaxxx and now even crucibuble - its clear they are finessing the process to highest light.

I hate Crucible because of the awful netcode and SBMM, I only played Iron Banner because the loot it was giving was better and easier to get everywhere else. Archon's Forge really should be the PvE equivalent of Crucible when it comes to gear but I only ever got class items from that. It's shit that PvE players are basically limited to raid drops once a week or shitefalls.

18 minutes ago, Mafro said:

I hate Crucible because of the awful netcode and SBMM, I only played Iron Banner because the loot it was giving was better and easier to get everywhere else. Archon's Forge really should be the PvE equivalent of Crucible when it comes to gear but I only ever got class items from that. It's shit that PvE players are basically limited to raid drops once a week or shitefalls.

If you're not doing levelled PvP you don't need to be 400

If you're not doing HM Raid you don't need to be 400

It seems to me they are guiding you to a path to 400, sure people could be 400 via crucible to then hit the HM Raid but as we can see everyone want to do the HM raid NOW - there would be no point allowing you to hit 400 in an evening or less - I don't envy the people who have to make balancing choices especially when they have to coax this update all the way to next year assuming we don't get any surprise DLC that would no doubt raise the light level anyway!

100% with you on the net code btw, as a big fan of PvP it really does take the piss esp in Banana and Trials :(

They'll be 400 by close of the weekend anyway - factions to 390, then 3 * HM raid and 3 * Trials, plus turning in the tens of exotic engrams they've stocked up, to 400. All done! Like world's first HM completion, there's no balancing Destiny to make it last longer for the 1% - there's just focusing the behaviour of the masses into one desired activity in tune with the favoured flavour of grind. Seems Bungie desire us to play a lot of Crucible right now.

That's ok though, because Ascendant raisins. I don't care about my own LL now I have Ascendant raisins. I hear they make that hidden chest finally appear in VoG, and if you open it Mara Sov jumps out and offers you the choice between an everlasting hand job + eternal glimmer shower + Actual Bliss, or a 410LL Black Spindle. Fucking woot! I always loved that gun.

Wow! I scored quite nicely tonight. I saved up 18 legendary engrams and 1 exotic for the new light level cap. I jumped up 6 light levels on my Warlock - 377 to 383 and I scored The Nemesis Star Heavy from the exotic engram and the Ophidian Aspect gauntlets and The Dune Marcher titan boots from a couple of legendary engrams.

Ran the nightfall earlier and got a 396 primary (I was convinced I was destined for 15 SC like last week). It's pretty easy sitting on the rubbish heap and taking out the adds with ghorn as soon as they spawn and using primary/special on boss when adds are cleared. Moose managed to get an exotic engram from each boss the lucky bugger.

9 minutes ago, Marmite said:

I was having a mare earlier with Lyrical. I kept dying to the first idiot as I tried to jump over him and he slammed. Will try again in a bit but fuck me that solar burn is a shit. 

Grounded and solar burn mean you shouldn't do anything but sit on the smelly rubbish heap as the area of affect for his slam is so massive you will insta-die even if you try and jump out of the way in plenty of time.

14 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

100% with you on the net code btw, as a big fan of PvP it really does take the piss esp in Banana and Trials :(

Ever since they switched from CBMM to SBMM I'm virtually always on a red bar now no problems with connections in every other online FPS I play. The amount of kill-trading going on for me now is ridiculous, guaranteed that every close combat encounter where I kill someone with a melee or a shotgun results in me being killed by then after they are dead. I used to think Battlefield 4 was bad for it but this is the worst I've ever seen in a game.

On 10/18/2016 at 17:46, Mr Ben said:

People may already know this, but top tip - If you haven't got a decent sniper rifle by now (and most probably will) you cant go far wrong with the Event Horizon sniper rifle from the Crucible vendor.

It has Spray and Play for quick reloads without having a sniper reloader perk on arms, Hidden Hand for better aim assist, Explosive rounds for extra damage, and it has higher impact than most other snipers out there. Couple Hidden Hand with Shortgaze (scope) and you also have one of the highest aim assist snipers in the game. And hey, its only 150 marks. What else you going to spend them on?

What's it like compared to 1000 Yard Stare?

On 10/16/2016 at 19:06, Lyrical Donut said:

Whenever you get an exotic weapon you don't need, don't just insta-shard it. Level it up fully with motes / bounties / weapon telemetries (just don't purchase the upgrade nodes) then shard, you'll get 2-3 exotic shards each time.

Hang on... so you only need to get it to max XP, and don't need to then spend 3 x 500 Glimmer and 3 x 10 Weapon Parts before scrapping for 2 x Exotic Shards?

Fuck. I hate to think how much Glimmer I've been wasting :facepalm: