IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

If they're only lvl10, they're getting mainly Green engrams though? Encrypted (Blue) ones probably don't start dropping often until later than that. Just have to play the game.

Green were encrypted sometimes too. I got it this afternoon..it took me getting to level 22 to get 25 encrypted engrams.

I've been doing all those Crucible quest lines designed for noobs that came in as part of TTK. It's surprisingly fun, especially if you try to clear multiple criteria at once, like winning a Clash game while getting 6+ Pulse Rifle kills and also doing the Shotgun prestige bit of Jolly Holliday. Had the game of my fucking life.

On 10/14/2016 at 23:11, LiMuBai said:

Bum. Would've done but it's getting too late now and my eyes are drooping

GG last night in Trials, was good to put some more voices to names on here - I hope I wasn't too sweary!!

(my shotgun has been even worse today, it defi needs a service)

Got the Thorn bounty today after handing in one of Shiro's. Still think it's bullshit they've locked it behind a bounty again even though I've already got the year 1 version but at least the crucible requirements are nowhere near as harsh as they were in year 1. Didn't realise there was a thing in the RoI record book for completing all the exotic quests, not sure how I feel about doing that when one of them is RNG-based.

15 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Got the Thorn bounty today after handing in one of Shiro's. Still think it's bullshit they've locked it behind a bounty again even though I've already got the year 1 version but at least the crucible requirements are nowhere near as harsh as they were in year 1. Didn't realise there was a thing in the RoI record book for completing all the exotic quests, not sure how I feel about doing that when one of them is RNG-based.

Thorn quest pops on shotgun kills, you just aren't scrubby enough ;)

Been trying to get through the Dead Orbit quest in the hope of a decent light level armour reward...but as you can see from the below my crucible skills are weak...we went on to loose that match. It's been a long road...

Finally got the ten wins and Destiny rewarded me in its typical style...

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Been trying to get through the Dead Orbit quest in the hope of a decent light level armour reward...but as you can see from the below my crucible skills are weak...we went on to loose that match. It's been a long road...

Finally got the ten wins and Destiny rewarded me in its typical style...

Ive done a few of the exotic faction quests and they have all been very low light level - I did the warlock dead orbit and while poor light level if has a decent ish roll at 24/34 but I assume you can re roll until its good!?

1 hour ago, bagapeas said:

I've just finished the Thorn bounty - so much easier than the last time around, which took me ages.  I'd forgotten just how compulsive this game is after my summer break from it!   

Just did that too. The crucible part was fun as a titan.

Gave me a chance to dust off my voidwalker warlock and, when you die as much as me it was good not to be taking a step forward and several back.  I've still not done the crucible quest with the Last Word yet...   I like how the game encourages you to try different game types and weapons whether that's through upgrading light or via quests and bounties.  Just made it to 365 with my latest vanguard package

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I like the idea of increased faction perk, but not having to use an exotic each time to level it up...

On Tuesday all this becomes moot I guess...for a while anyway.

Whenever you get an exotic weapon you don't need, don't just insta-shard it. Level it up fully with motes / bounties / weapon telemetries (just don't purchase the upgrade nodes) then shard, you'll get 2-3 exotic shards each time.

Or - buy a heavy weapon exotic (1 shard + glimmer)

Level it up with 8 motes

Dismantle for 2 shards. Bank 1, repeat process.

Infinite shards! (As long as you have glimmer)

So Thorn quest in Crucible - no void secondary's I like, so relying on Warlock abilityes...11% in 4 games...this could take a while.

Just use a fusion/shotgun/sniper you don't particularly like for a while. Also: Atheon's Epilogue/Word of Crota in the primary slot. If you don't have either, there's a good excuse to run VoG/Crota again (or for the first time).

You're actually lucky to be doing it with a Warlock that has those abilities to rely on - it's infinitely more painful on a Titan, and not so great on a Hunter either. Voidwalkers really have no excuse for not polishing it off quickly.

Finally completed the last word section on the shindig in the crucible.  Was able to get a lot of gains using stormtrance in supremacy as people tend tend to be close together and then switching out of the last word.  Now onto the shotgun section.  I had thought about combining Universal Remote as primary in addition to a secondary but the blueprint is greyed out despite my having previously unlocked it for some reason.