IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Took us three nights. (In the first proper week, though we did have a preview sniff when it came out which helped.)

LL margins are quite generous, I think. The last section does ramp it up a bit though, but failure is usually due to not having the right method or failing to coordinate rather than outright LL. If you're all 365 I think that last bit's going to be a lot more of a struggle though. 

48 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Took us three nights. (In the first proper week, though we did have a preview sniff when it came out which helped.)

LL margins are quite generous, I think. The last section does ramp it up a bit though, but failure is usually due to not having the right method or failing to coordinate rather than outright LL. If you're all 365 I think that last bit's going to be a lot more of a struggle though. 

I think our group's mostly around 355 to 365, with one who's not had as much play time 350ish.

Tbh we don't overly worry about it too much. I think we're more looking forward to exploring, learning and coming up with tactics. If we fail a boss (even one of the early ones) as we're undergeared we'll still have fun :)

41 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Do we have 2-3 regular Xbox players who would want to join us for the raid at some point in the future?

I say 2-3 as there are 4 of us who play regularly but sometimes have different time commitments :)

Count me in. Also need a hunter and titan to match up for the exotic quest

41 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Do we have 2-3 regular Xbox players who would want to join us for the raid at some point in the future?

I say 2-3 as there are 4 of us who play regularly but sometimes have different time commitments :)

I'd love to- I've never had a chance to raid in Destiny before, but working less now so should have a regular slot which would work. It'll take me maybe another week or so to level my Xbox character- but I'll focus on that character if there might be a space!

16 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

First half is definitely do-able at the lower end, we had some 340 odd players for the first two bits & they held their own pretty well.

Cool - but please don't say more. 

Love going into these blind :)

In Kings fall on the first boss we ended up devising a complicated "figure 8" rotation for everyone which we maintain is more fun than the actual intended mechanic :P

No worries, I wouldn't intentionally spoil anything for anyone.

Just wanted you to know that you shouldn't have survivability / DPS problems in the first bits, well at least not level-related ones, haha. :) 

Nothing more frustrating that knowing what you need to do, but just being a little too squishy to stay alive to do it ( aka our raid team in one of the latter sections ).

38 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

If anyone's got a warlock with the Outbreak Prime quest on the go (PS4), please shout. @spatular and I did the first section last night but need a 'lock to come to a social space for some fun times (five minutes of maths).

Pretty sure you can do it even after completing the quest by getting the object of Shiro. If thats the case ping me tonight and I can help.

So.....

Someone has sadly had to drop out of our raid tonight on PS4...

Anyone want to step in and save the day?

We're a mixture of friends, casual but good(ish) players, as mentioned light range is about 360ish.

Starting at 8.30, probably going for 2-3 hours dependent on progress and tiredness.

As above we're going in blind, so if you've been before please keep hints/directions quiet - although obviously they'll be chit chat and fun talks.

It's a time out with friends chatting and killing things, rather than a hardcore loot grind - so expect to wipe in comical fashion at least a few times :)

(Please save our evening someone)

1 hour ago, mlewis said:

I'd love to- I've never had a chance to raid in Destiny before, but working less now so should have a regular slot which would work. It'll take me maybe another week or so to level my Xbox character- but I'll focus on that character if there might be a space!

Excellent :)

Add me up - Kryptonian

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

So.....

Someone has sadly had to drop out of our raid tonight on PS4...

Anyone want to step in and save the day?

We're a mixture of friends, casual but good(ish) players, as mentioned light range is about 360ish.

Starting at 8.30, probably going for 2-3 hours dependent on progress and tiredness.

As above we're going in blind, so if you've been before please keep hints/directions quiet - although obviously they'll be chit chat and fun talks.

It's a time out with friends chatting and killing things, rather than a hardcore loot grind - so expect to wipe in comical fashion at least a few times :)

(Please save our evening someone)

If there's space going! I got off a plane from Hong Kong this morning so I may/may not be on full cylinders and super wide awake tho

3 hours ago, Weavus said:

Well that sucks, I wonder why they did that?

You'd probably have to do all the strikes etc to get the updated item. Its most likely still doable.

In other news I am now drowning in 381 primaries. Got 3 exotic primaries last night, 2 raid primaries, and 2 primaries from Crucible.

My kingdom for some heavy drops.

We had an odd run a Trials - lumbering in low light, badly optimised gear with weapons we found just lying about.

Game 1 - the other team just jumped to their deaths. We liked them.

Other than we had much more competative matches than you would have thought (although we got curb stomped a couple of times) and only saw 1 or 2 ridiculous cheaters.

We took on an entire squad of raiders (all with 390 weapon) and demolished them - and we're terrible! So how bad were they!

Ended up 5-3 and then 4-2 (We stopped as completed bounties). 

So yeah - anyone can have fun in trials and get a little bit of loot.

35 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

You'd probably have to do all the strikes etc to get the updated item. Its most likely still doable.

It isn't. You need a relevant character on that part of the quest in order to do the first SIVA Engine bit.

As for heavies - use a Skeleton Key on the S.A.B.E.R strike.

Full list of strike specific loot:

Blighted Chalice

Hood of Malok (Hunter Helmet)

Cerberus VAE III

Treads Upon Stars (Scout Rifle)

Dust Palace Arc Flayer Mantle (Hunter Cloak)
Solar Flayer Mantle (Hunter Cloak)
Void Flayer Mantle (Hunter Cloak)

Echo Chamber (PlayStation exclusive)

Imago Loop (Hand Cannon)
Theosylon Vibrissae Gauntlets (Warlock Gauntlets)

Fallen S.A.B.E.R.

Baron's Ambition (Machine Gun)
Devouring Maw Helmet (Warlock Helmet)

Sepiks Perfected (The Devil's Lair on 320)

Devils Dawn (Sniper Rifle)
Sepiks Deposed Bond (Warlock Bond)

Shield Brothers

Mau'ual's Maulers Gauntlets (Titan Gauntlets)

The Abomination Heist (The Summoning Pits on 320)

Mongrel Ogres Grasp's (Hunter Gauntlets)

The Shadow Thief

Baron's Ambition (Machine Gun)
Cloak of Taniks (Hunter Cloak)
Does Not Bow (Assault Rifle)

The Sunless Cell

Dark Blade Helm (Titan Helmet)
Dark Blade's Spite (Fusion Rifle)

The Undying Mind

Imago Loop (Hand Cannon)
Mark of the Undying Mind (Titan Mark)

The Will of Crota

Grasp of Malok (Pulse Rifle)
Omnigul Bond (Warlock Bond)

The Wretched Eye

Anathema Cannon Mark (Titan Mark)
Hood of Malok (Hunter Helmet)

Winter's Run

Stolen Will (Shotgun)

I already knew about the S.A.B.E.R strike, but only have 2 keys and already tried once last week and got a helmet, so its not guaranteed (Bungie have stuck non-strike specific loot in the chests as well - naughty!).

Apparently if you complete the quest chain, you can talk to Shiro and he'll sell you the item (no idea how much it costs) to do it all again. At least that's what's been posted here(its not in the main post, but do a search in the thread for "replicas" and its about a third of the way down the page):

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54wjym/spoiler_a_comprehensive_writeup_of_outbreak_prime/

So you can help friends through the chain if, like us, you don't have 2 sets of 3 classes in your raid team.

1 hour ago, Mr Ben said:

Apparently if you complete the quest chain, you can talk to Shiro and he'll sell you the item (no idea how much it costs) to do it all again. At least that's what's been posted here(its not in the main post, but do a search in the thread for "replicas" and its about a third of the way down the page):

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54wjym/spoiler_a_comprehensive_writeup_of_outbreak_prime/

So you can help friends through the chain if, like us, you don't have 2 sets of 3 classes in your raid team.

He only sells the SIVA engines for the 2nd and 3rd part of the quest, not the first.

Might be possible to re-acquire the quest from the raid after reset, will find out tomorrow I guess.

1st part being the nightfall's etc right? I guess its because people should have the part from the raid to be able to do it, rather than a replica. Still crap for a lot of people when they don't have 2 teams of 3 classes. Guess its LFG for the 1st part unless your raid team is balanced.

You can do part 2 onwards with fellow raid members though, so its something I guess.

No, there are three phases of the questline where you have to select nodes on the object together as a fireteam of a titan, warlock and hunter. The nightfalls, strikes etc are separate phases of the questline. You can get the object again off Shiro once you complete the quest to help others but only for phases 2 and 3 of the object tuning which seems like a mistake.