rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gorf King

Destiny: FIN

12 minutes ago, berties paw said:

What light level is the vendor gear at?

Feel free to spoiler it if you feel the need.

Shaxx was at 350 before I disconencted.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Vendors

• Vendor items purchased for Legendary Marks have been increased to 350 Light
  • Xur’s exotics for sale have been increased to 350 Light
  • Xur now sells two Exotic Weapon Ornaments per week for Silver Dust
  • Xur can now carry Legacy Boot Engrams

@berties paw

This sign-in queue isn't real. It's just a fake countdown to give them breathing time while they run around the office screaming 'my god my god my god'.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

This sign-in queue isn't real. It's just a fake countdown to give them breathing time while they run around the office screaming 'my god my god my god'.

I think the only reason people are going up the queue is other people getting kicked off in front of them and having to rejoin the queue. I've been kicked 6 times I think now. Has anyone logged in since the servers started going shit at 10?

7 minutes ago, Weavus said:

I think the only reason people are going up the queue is other people getting kicked off in front of them and having to rejoin the queue. I've been kicked 6 times I think now. Has anyone logged in since the servers started going shit at 10?

Nope.

17 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

That doesnt sound any different, I have had about 10 334 engrams in the last week

It's totally different. You didn't get half your drops in the Taken Spring coming in at under your current LL. Everything took you a little bit higher - that was the point.

38 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

I was in pre-10, but it booted me out.

While we're waiting - forever - here's Bungie's summary of the main changes that RoI brings. Some biggies about drops and rewards and shit.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45265/7_Destiny-Rise-of-Iron

So does that mean that core playlists will now drop me a Hopscotch Pilgrim at a higher light level?????

Even the queue system is broken. What's it going to be like later when the USA wakes up and everyone gets home from work/school in Europe....

8 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Subject to RNG. It won't be the same as the classic one with all those old perks though.

It's a completely different archtype now anyway.

14 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

It's totally different. You didn't get half your drops in the Taken Spring coming in at under your current LL. Everything took you a little bit higher - that was the point.

Nah, I had stacks drop under my light level or the same light level before I was 335 - I even posted on here I was forever 333/334 and that final push took forever, it sounds like they have just refined it so rather than the last 5 light points being a grind its the final 15 and isn't this a bigger jump anyway so fairly similar?

8 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Whoa there, steady on!

Well, we're queueing to get in day one, the servers are borked, and when that's sorted, it looks like they've made the upgrade/loot route meaner than it was before. Some definite similarities there.

All we need now is for the raid to take place in one room, shooting at a box that never moves, and we're sorted: classic Massive.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Nah, I had stacks drop under my light level or the same light level before I was 335 - I even posted on here I was forever 333/334 and that final push took forever, it sounds like they have just refined it so rather than the last 5 light points being a grind its the final 15 and isn't this a bigger jump anyway so fairly similar?

People never got purple >335 drops under LL before they hit 335. And if there was some outlier - i.e. you I guess - certainly not half the time. It's not similar at all.

But 'not enough servers' would be odd, because you have to presume they've had to deal with bigger numbers than this with vanilla, TTK etc, and we've never had this sort of issue at launch of any of them. And they do know the numbers.

It's not that hard to just spin up some more servers. They should have more than enough on standby. Also, surely there were more people than this on launch day?

Something seems to have broken big time. 

Anyway, going up the queue fast now, up to 25k and lots of streamers are coming online too