IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

41 minutes ago, Jerec said:

It was better when it knocked back the people you were shooting.

It was indeed better when it had HCR. But now Bungie have increased flinch against snipers (in ADS that is - or against anyone in ADS), all weapons have a bit of the old MIDA about them.* Now that everything does more flinch in theory, the difference between MIDA and many other weapons is that you do tend to get a lot of rapid headshots at range with MIDA due to high ROF/aim assist, so MIDA's going to be a very effective anti-sniper again compared to many primaries. 

* Patch notes from sniper nerf section:

• Increased the starting strength for aim deflection (aka Flinch) when players take damage while scoped in from 30% starting to 50% starting
  • With every subsequent hit, the strength of deflection increases until you hit 100% max deflection
  • Overall Sniper ADS aim deflection multiplier increased to 1.9x (was 1.85x)

I've had Destiny since day one, have preordered RoI and have never completed any raids. Me and a couple of mates tried VoG before TTK came out with these two other mates who had rinsed it and they a) had poor communication skills and b) assumed we knew what was going on at all times (which couldn't have been further from the truth :D ). However, I think I'm now at that stage where I should at least have done both VoG and TKF. But having watched some videos I'm not sure I'd be of any use as I'd be worried about messing it up. Repeatedly.

It's probably because after RoI drops levelling will be like TTK, where greens and blues dropped over your level and were the first route to getting your light higher. The update will have enabled all the greens and blues dropping but since they haven't switched >335LL on yet they're dropping at well under the current cap. My guess is after the 20th they'll drop at up to a similar light level under the new cap - or in any case, higher than our current LL. 

You still get purple drops now though. I've had a few (and exotics with 3oCs, obviously).

9 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Pity Bungie didn't wait until RoI to enable the greens and blues, though, instead of giving us two weeks of weapon and armour materials.

FTFY

They probably didn't intend it though. Same as they didn't intend the game to resemble an early David Lynch film.

4 hours ago, Gorf King said:

I would imagine so. But the pre-load's 13.7GB, so if you're intending to play on day one make sure you get that down first. (There'll be a smaller activation patch too, but that'll be tiny.)

The preload is the patch that came down the other day thought isn't it so if you've logged on since Thursday you'll already have it.

The file to enable the content will be teenny tiny, at least that's how it worked when TTK came out

21 minutes ago, Deeptone said:

My phone seems to want to always quote Gorf, which is...weird. Ignore that, its not relevant.

Got a checkpoint for Oryx HM. People about now or tomorrow to finish him off?

Above the reply box hit the very end icon to the right it's a blank page (in the shape of a mobile sim card) and it clears all quotes. 

42 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Did they change the ability numbers/weightings?

Yes. It should go back to being enough for T12 once you get to light 385 (or 400). If they had not done anything everyone would be T15 by the time they had got to light 400 no matter what quality the item.

LeChuck probably does.

Destiny - Update 2.4.0 available now. Farewell, T12. Hello, film grain.

:quote:

Just to complete the title reference, some promising film grain-related news. Some redditor has speculated (probably correctly) that the grain is the intentional modifier of an artefact, which has been unintentionally included by default. You might recall that, as well as some new artefacts changing gameplay, Eververse will sell others aimed at film makers. The only such artefacts mentioned explicitly so far are all colour filters such as sepia and blue, but it'd make sense to have a film grain one. A quite plausible explanation for the grain effect is therefore that this has been enabled by default accidentally - so almost a bug, and if so I shouldn't think it'd be hard to fix.

Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget, that until the day God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words: Wait and Hope.

Apparently private matches dropping tomorrow after Activision sent out an email a day early to all the Twitchers and Tubers announcing an MLG competition and then another 5 minutes later saying Whoops, didn't mean to send that until tomorrow....lol, sorry!

Also, Bungie doing their very best to make sure every single second of new content is available to watch before RoI launches with the entire first mission, new Devils Lair remixed strike and a ton of new cinematics doing the rounds on Twitter and YT. You have been warned, time to switch off the internet.