IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

On 9/2/2016 at 12:36, Gorf King said:

It's not clear at present - there seems to be a shift in the product line that's causing issues.

The only things you seem able to do right now are buy the whole Collection digitally (which, at £49.99, you don't want to do), or buy just the RoI DLC and stick with the disc version of vanilla. The vanilla version itself doesn't seem to be available on PSN or XBL any more. There's speculation that it's going to be made a free d/l, and if that happens you should be able to delete all your existing content, and download the free vanilla version, then restore all DLC purchases to get the full thing as a disc-free set. But it is just speculation.

So we dunno right now. 

Why not just buy the collection upgrade version PSN for £32.99, £8 extra to go all digital. It's supposed to be for PS3 players to buy but it works fine to buy on PS4 from the console store (maybe not the web).

Yeah, it does work. I've done it. If you have pre-ordered RoI, that'll likely be the reason it's showing as unavailable for you. 

It's mentioned on the bungie.net FAQ here: https://www.bungie.net/en/help/article/12122

Players on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One who own Destiny: The Taken King are eligible to purchase Destiny - The Collection Upgrade. Players that own a physical game disc may wish to purchase this bundle as it grants digital licenses for all previous Destiny content. This bundle also includes Rise of Iron which will be available for gameplay on September 20th, 2016.

13 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Why would it be for PS3 players?  Rise of Iron isn't coming out on PS3. Thanks for the tip though, I may just go for that as I am yet preorder.  

It's the discounted upgrade from last gen for players who now have no choice but to upgrade to this gen, because RoI isn't coming out for PS3 and 360. So they need to buy the whole thing all over again.

No way. I'm waiting to pull off the ultimate cheapy when vanilla goes free-to-play. 

(I'm not all that bothered about the disc anyway. But one thing's for sure - I'll be buying Destiny 2 digitally. There's no way that's not going to be a permanent fixture of the PS4/Neo/whatever it is by then.)

OT, but - nope. All the crowd (including our raid team, AHEM) are on PS4, so even without the exclusives bullshit - and it is bullshit - it's PS all the way. I did play the Destiny trial on Xbox once though, so there's always the chance of a double dip if it's that good. 

I'm not actually bothered about Neo and Scorpio anyway. Unless there's something, like, really amazingly different about them I probably won't bother with either. 4k itself means absolutely nothing to me, and if a game's largely the same on current-gen and current-gen.5 I'll just stick with what I have now.

5 hours ago, pledge said:

I'm interested.

Thanks for joining mate. Could you hear us? Took us a while to figure out who you were lol good raiding :)

Ps: Sort your mic out! 

Really enjoyed tonight chaps, Crota and most of vog. All about the chat though, first time in months I haven't fell asleep early. Single player gaming really sucks now. Same again tomorrow or Monday if you're on. @Gorf King @pledge @Klaark @Weavus @KartoffelKopf 

14 hours ago, Weavus said:

Just get a refund on the ROI pre-order and buy the collection upgrade if you want to go all-digital. That's what I did.

Is it locked until ROI comes out, or do you get the vanilla Destiny download straight away?  I've been wanting to get rid of the disk for ages, and £7/8 seems reasonable.

Yeah, sorry. To avoid confusion, it's the last chance to get the fragment from the Golgoroth challenge, as it will finish tomorrow and won't be back until after Rise of Iron drops.  Just looking to do it on normal tonight if I can.

Still a couple of weeks left for the Moments of Triumph.

13 minutes ago, Deeptone said:

Yeah, sorry. To avoid confusion, it's the last chance to get the fragment from the Golgoroth challenge, as it will finish tomorrow and won't be back until after Rise of Iron drops.  Just looking to do it on normal tonight if I can.

Still a couple of weeks left for the Moments of Triumph.

I have a checkpoint for golgo and depending on time can help out - I'm desperate to do it also!!

1 hour ago, Deeptone said:

Leaving things to the last minute, as usual. I don't suppose there's anyone can help with a quick run through to Golgoroth and do the challenge tonight. Just realised it's the last chance to get the fragment.

I need to do this too and am around tonight.

On 04/09/2016 at 00:43, Baring said:

Thanks for joining mate. Could you hear us? Took us a while to figure out who you were lol good raiding :)

Ps: Sort your mic out! 

Really enjoyed tonight chaps, Crota and most of vog. All about the chat though, first time in months I haven't fell asleep early. Single player gaming really sucks now. Same again tomorrow or Monday if you're on. @Gorf King @pledge @Klaark @Weavus @KartoffelKopf 

I'll be on at 10 if any of you fancy finishing vog.

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I think between 6-8 I can defi be around

There will be a lot of tutting from the wife, but I'll try to get on about 7.15, after the kids are in bed.

What's your psn ID? Mines same name as here. Anyone feel free to add, btw.

7 minutes ago, Deeptone said:

There will be a lot of tutting from the wife, but I'll try to get on about 7.15, after the kids are in bed.

What's your psn ID? Mines same name as here. Anyone feel free to add, btw.

Mine is Shimmyhill - I can prolly get 3 or 4 of us together, how many are you with or just you?