rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gorf King

Destiny: FIN

IB seems to have come round quickly, sweet.

We have been playing a fair bit of doubles and thats a fun mode i'd not tried before, shame elimination isn't really the Trials practice we were hoping for - I guess Trials teams jus practice by stomping teams like us rather than in elimination during the week!

Did anyone else get this email from Bungie?:

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 22.05.29.png

If it's not common, I was just wondering if it's transferrable at all, as I can't make any of the dates/venues (Tuesday, July 19th, 12:00 to 2:00 PM in Venice, CA USA, Tuesday, July 19th, 18h00 to 20h00 in Berlin, Germany, Thursday, July 21st, 6:30 to 8:30 PM in London, UK). If I lived a bit nearer to that London I would have gone. @Uncle Mike, @Van... do you want to go? I'll give you the invite if you promise to tell them they must change Fist of Havoc so it can randomly make a whoopee cushion sound when it lands and dispense health-giving bunnies to all opposing players. And make them wipe shit on all the Strikers' nappies.

Edit: so...

Hmm. I suppose it should have been obvious really.

Elite, bruv. Elite.

Says on another email I got just afterwards that a Nigerian investment bank wants me in their focus group too - and I'm available for that! I am well special.

No worries.  Hung out there and got it done with randoms.

Could do with some help going through the nightfall this week, so I can grab the fragment as the reward. If anyone is around tomorrow night?

WEEKLY RESET

Nightfall is Fallen S.A.B.E.R. with Epic, Solar burn, Juggler, Airborne, and Catapult. Not bad mods.

CoE has Juggler, Exposure and a melee kill bonus. Ugh, unpleasant. Bosses are Noru’usk, (Cabal), KEKSIS (Fallen), Sylok (Hive).

The KF Challenge is Golgoroth. The bestest challenge.

Court of Oryx is Kagoor, the Wizard the eyeballs and the ogres.

The Heroic strike playlist takes Brawler, Exposure and Airborne. Copying off CoE again, and equally unappetising compared to the last two weeks’ mods.

The weekly Crucible is Zone Control. 

Not a great week. Iron Banner though. Iron Banner.

Yep, in for Banner action. Does it still start at 6pm? Like there's no point me trying to fit in a few rounds at lunchtime and I can go out looking for Pokemon instead? Asking for a friend.

7 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Yep, in for Banner action. Does it still start at 6pm? Like there's no point me trying to fit in a few rounds at lunchtime and I can go out looking for Pokemon instead? Asking for a friend.

Yup. It's not up yet or I'd have updated the thread with the gun rolls.

Exposure and melee bonus is very far from fine. Grenade bonus and catapult? Fine. Precision damage bonus and small arms? Superfine, maybe ultra fine, maybe non plus ultra fine. Having to punch Phalanxes whilst having no shields? No ma'am. Not fine. Totally unfine.

Best team: three punchy Defender Titans specced for punching with three constantly-recycling Blessings/Armour bubbles specced for max orb generation. An infinite chain of punching bubbles. See? I'm recommending playing as Titans - all the Titans. That's how non-fine this week's CoE is.

Also, if you do the NF and get the Taken at the Warsat this week... just nope. Just nope it and do something else. Horrible. (Unless you Raze the buggers at the spawn points.)

That Iron Banner though.

That Iron Banner though:

Weyloran's March (Rank 4)

Sightsys SLS20 / Longview SLR10 / Tacsys SLS15

Grenadier

Armour Piercing Rounds / Rifled Barrel / Oiled Frame

Hidden Hand

Nirwen's Mercy (Rank 5)

Red Dot-OAS / Focus Lens FLA5 / Quickdraw IS

Counterbalance

Speed Reload / Braced Frame / Oiled Frame

Feeding Frenzy

The Nirwen's is basically the same as the last one he sold, but with Counterbalance and Feeding Frenzy instead of Outlaw and Third Eye. A matter of preference really. 

Don't think all that much of the sniper. (Apparently others demur because it does have very high aim assist; but it lacks the best sights imo and has no Snapshot.)

Didn't check the quality of the armour rolls.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Gorf King said:

Exposure and melee bonus is very far from fine. Grenade bonus and catapult? Fine. Precision damage bonus and small arms? Superfine, maybe ultra fine, maybe non plus ultra fine. Having to punch Phalanxes whilst having no shields? No ma'am. Not fine. Totally unfine.

Best team: three punchy Defender Titans specced for punching with three constantly-recycling Blessings/Armour bubbles specced for max orb generation. An infinite chain of punching bubbles. See? I'm recommending playing as Titans - all the Titans. That's how non-fine this week's CoE is.

Also, if you do the NF and get the Taken at the Warsat this week... just nope. Just nope it and do something else. Horrible. (Unless you Raze the buggers at the spawn points.)

That Iron Banner though.

We did it yesterday with two hunters  and a warlock and It was great.  Gunslinger throwing knives FTW. 

Mind we did need three runs to fill the card because the second go left us 200 points short. 

I'm actually quite pleased because I managed to get four guns thst I have wanted since the beginning of year 2 in the past 24 hours. 

Zhalo from Nightfall

Two Lord of Wolves from CoE

Longbow Synthesis from Uncle Shaxx

Zen Meteor from an exotic thst dropped during Banana

Should have bought a lottery ticket last night with the roll I'm on

Hated, Hated, Hated CoE this week.

Melee with Exspoure (anything with Exsposure :P) sucked balls. We ended up ignoring it and just powering through. Then did 1 extra wave of adds (Varkis was getting impatient :P) melee to push us over 30k (we were doing it for weapon drop before IB).

Not sure I want to do a couple more times for 90k...

IB - really enjoyed to start with. Lower light level than lots (326) which felt noticeable against 335, but still competitive. Just avoid 1-2-1s :)

Got pissed off towards end of the night about the number of red bars we were facing (3 at one time). HOW IS THIS STILL A THING.

Got decent arm and leg drops though from completion (does it always drop something on your first win now?), a 332 primary from CoE and a 330 chest from a Shaxx package....can get to 330 light now for "hand ins/decrypts...