Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

You're not kidding

image.png

That happened to me last night as well when I jumped into the Heroic strike list. Got joined in progress to The Shadow Thief strike, died straight away and a huge list of names rolled up the screen.

4 hours ago, bobontheway said:

Anybody up for helping me through my first Kings Fall raid today? Managed to get no further than Golgoroth with my previous group.

My character is a Titan hovering around 322 light.

Add me matey, I'll be back on soon enough and I also need to finish the HM Oryx.

Anyone still playing this on Xbox that wouldn't mind a newcomer joining? Still levelling at the moment but I don't see it taking me too long, and currently don;t know that many people that still play. 

And by newcomer, I mean literally starting from scratch newcomer!

335 is mine, we ended up doing a VoG run on hard and then a normal Kingsfall up to pit of doom before moving onto Trials - 5-0 and I got kicked, fucking game is an asshat at times :(

Oddly I don't have a primary goto gun after the update, messing around with loads tonight as we did quite a few  Nightfall runs trying to get the new king of PvP to drop - we did it with just 2 of us so anyone looking for something fun with a tiny chance of decent drops its really good this week!! I got my 335 bond and my mate got the shooty gun thingy but a pretty wank roll.

So Rollmuk, what is your favoured primary now??

7 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

335 is mine, we ended up doing a VoG run on hard and then a normal Kingsfall up to pit of doom before moving onto Trials - 5-0 and I got kicked, fucking game is an asshat at times :(

Oddly I don't have a primary goto gun after the update, messing around with loads tonight as we did quite a few  Nightfall runs trying to get the new king of PvP to drop - we did it with just 2 of us so anyone looking for something fun with a tiny chance of decent drops its really good this week!! I got my 335 bond and my mate got the shooty gun thingy but a pretty wank roll.

So Rollmuk, what is your favoured primary now??

Bertie, Weavus and I got a bit carried away down at the farm, oo-ar, where's my tractor

5724BCAA-23CA-46F4-B5F2-B11D8344643C_zps

only one half decent roll, a lot came with shit like 'ability to stun fallen captains'. Loads of infusion fuel though. Will be gearing up some old favourites like Suros and Hawkmoon for IB next week. 

Hung Jury and Mida are still tops for me but Haakons Hatchet has been getting some action. 

You don't do the whole strike. You can farm her in the first room. 3 golden guns with celestial nighthawk takes her down before she fucks off up the hill. She dies and drops loot there. Kill the adds, recharge your super, die, respawn outside the door. Whole thing takes about 2 minutes. We did for about an hour. You get something drop every 3 or 4 runs at it. Got about 5 bonds too.

Just don't run too far up the hill to the next checkpoint. :)

You'll only get it that easy as its solar burn and the golden gun has been buffed too. A single shot with the nighthawk on does about 350k damage. 

46 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

You don't do the whole strike. You can farm her in the first room. 3 golden guns with celestial nighthawk takes her down before she fucks off up the hill. She dies and drops loot there. Kill the adds, recharge your super, die, respawn outside the door. Whole thing takes about 2 minutes. We did for about an hour. You get something drop every 3 or 4 runs at it. Got about 5 bonds too.

Just don't run too far up the hill to the next checkpoint. :)

You'll only get it that easy as its solar burn and the golden gun has been buffed too. A single shot with the nighthawk on does about 350k damage. 

Yeah we knew that but couldn't do it with 2, we are rinsing it with 3 of us now tho - still no gun as yet...

Hi all,

Probably going a bit OT from recent posts but I've barely touched this for the best part of a year!  I feel I should jump back in, though I don't have any of the expansions.  Am I going to have no luck at all finding a fireteam, and can you get the expansions individually?

Hi all,

Probably going a bit OT from recent posts but I've barely touched this for the best part of a year!  I feel I should jump back in, though I don't have any of the expansions.  Am I going to have no luck at all finding a fireteam, and can you get the expansions individually?

I'd say buy the Legendary Edition from PSN as its on sale at the moment. That gives you the base game plus all the DLC so far.

Loads of people still playing.

If you're on PSN add kyuss_uk

Well I picked this up and started playing with a friend finally. We've got everything up to and including The Taken King DLC and I was wondering if there is a general guideline as to what order to play the game in as we seem to be able to do both the base game missions and the TTK stuff at the same time. Hoping to avoid spoilers, but some general advice would be appreciated. Ta.

Play the quest lines in order, it makes the most of the somewhat limited story and whilst there is some decent missions in the base game content the campaign of TTK is significantly better so it'd probably be a bit jarring to play that first and then go back to the earlier missions.

Also doing it this way means you'll level up to 40 naturally over the course of the story missions and then can commence the light hunt of the end game with the post campaign TTK stuff and the current end game stuff (Kings fall hard and the new challenge of elders).

Sadly the previous end game stuff is just a historic foot note now, although still worth sampling at least once particularly if you can find an appropriately levelled fire team (probably not that easy),

9 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Play the quest lines in order, it makes the most of the somewhat limited story and whilst there is some decent missions in the base game content the campaign of TTK is significantly better so it'd probably be a bit jarring to play that first and then go back to the earlier missions.

Ok cheers, I was thinking we should do them in release order. Am I right in thinking that as missions unlock their difficulty is automatically leveled to match the player's current level? The TTK stuff we've done so far has always been at about the same level as the base game stuff we've unlocked around the same time. I wouldn't want to do all the base stuff then come back to it and find we're massively out leveled for it  

Yeah i was looking forward to iron banner especially since it was clash (controversial i know). Last IB clash was tremendous fun and a nice break from control. Also was hoping to boost my light level. Ahh well, hard raiding it is.

On 6/19/2016 at 7:05 PM, KYUSS said:

I'd say buy the Legendary Edition from PSN as its on sale at the moment. That gives you the base game plus all the DLC so far.

Loads of people still playing.

If you're on PSN add kyuss_uk

Ah - I'm on XB1.  I have started the base game but haven't got that far into it.  Is the DLC better than the base game? 

12 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Ah - I'm on XB1.  I have started the base game but haven't got that far into it.  Is the DLC better than the base game? 

Definitely, Bungie likes to and has locked off content to those with just the base game. I can't even begin to imagine what is still playable/available without buying the DLC.

It's a game that evolves with every new expansion and if you don't have it you are missing out on what Destiny essentially is as a game. I'm not saying I agree with this model or the way they implement change as they tend to forget older content and make it irrelevant or cut it entirely.

6 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Definitely, Bungie likes to and has locked off content to those with just the base game. I can't even begin to imagine what is still playable/available without buying the DLC.

It's a game that evolves with every new expansion and if you don't have it you are missing out on what Destiny essentially is as a game. I'm not saying I agree with this model or the way they implement change as they tend to forget older content and make it irrelevant or cut it entirely.

Cheers - I'll have to look out for a decent deal to get the DLC by the sounds of it!!