IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

It's beyond doubt that there is a huge full game sized revenue hole in Activisions forecast on account of Destiny 2 being delayed. It'll be £30-40 for sure and at that price a raid will need to be included or it's backlash city. 

Whether I'll have the time or inclination to get caught up in the raid grind again I'm not sure about but would definitely be excited about doing another blind raid. Still a very strong contender for best gaming moment ever for me. 

Krypt: I don't think it's just that. The journalist in question presumably got that from his sources, and in the past he's been just about 100% right when making predictions - again presumably based on information from those sources - about future content. The other thing is, that image is of Lord Saladin, who led the defence of the city at the Battle of Twilight Gap. And he appears to be standing near a gap in the walls of the city, or somewhere like the city. (Though Twilight Gap's obvs not an actual gap, it's a military base and, indeed, a Crucible map - it's just that the wall-with-gap thing looks very much like it's city- or earth-located. But it's an obvious visual reference anyway, innit?) And the Battle of Twilight Gap took place between the Vanguard and the Fallen; and almost all the enemies on Earth itself are Fallen. Ergo, through weight of association and allusory imagery, a Fallen raid.

With so much lore-based speculation backing it up, I think you'll be bound to agree - the conclusion that it's a Fallen raid cannot possibly be wrong.

Do you even raid bro? Cabal are fine in patrols and whatnot, but in raids they wouldn't just line up their ready little craniums for you to pop from afar. No, they'd have shields and be beefed up to fuck and difficult to handle, inconveniently attacking you en masse while you're trying to unravel the ravellings/jump over the disappearing platform with the relic/count the sequence of the flickering death-light bulbs and shoot them in the right order - and they'd not be Acolytes or Dregs or stuff like that, but fucking great unflinching Phalanxes with cunting great shields covering their stupid fucking dumb grunting faces. It'd be time for the PS4 to go out of the window. I'd hate it. HATE IT.

Probably still buy it though. Might not be as bad as it is in my (scarily true-to-life) dreams.

In a feat of amazing poor planning, I have decided to plough through the crucible quests at the same time some online shooter is released. :rolleyes:

Doing alright, but stuck on one section where I have to join and win games as part of a fire team. So if anyone is bannering and has a space, I'd appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, SpliffCartel said:

How long does it take to rank up in Iron Banner? I'm probably not going to be able to get on Destiny until bank holiday Monday... 

You can hit 5 on Monday just doing the weekly bounties etc.

I just got another 335 chest but with a proper intellect, discipline + shotgun ammo roll - weekly bounties pretty much all done as soon as I hit level 4 so will hold them until Monday.

Anyone about tomorrow afternoon and fancies a ride on the Banana train??

29 minutes ago, SpliffCartel said:

How long does it take to rank up in Iron Banner? I'm probably not going to be able to get on Destiny until bank holiday Monday... 

Just doing some maths on my phone, whilst walking to the pub, so no doubt wrong, but...

To go from 0 to rank 5 8500 xp. 

On Monday, the buff is 150%. Meaning a win whilst equipping all three buff items (shader, emblam and class item) will get you 200xp.

A loss will gain you 160 after your next win.

Daily bounties (with full buff) will get you 415xp.

Weekly bounties (with full buff) will get you 1748 xp.

Handing in 3 daily will give you a total of 1245xp. 

Handing in 3 weekly will give you 5244xp.

Total from bounties 6489.

This leaves 2011 xp to gain from from wins/losses.

At worst this would mean 8 losses and 4 wins, or a win every three games. 

Tl;dr, totally doable.

All my drops tonight have been 334 too, and I'm 335. Y U H8 ME DESTINGY?

I don't mind though. I'm not bothered about gear any more - I don't think there's a thing I haven't got, and at 335 the only thing to care about is attaining Tier 12, which would be nice enough but not a significant step up from 11. I'm just playing it for the crack really.