IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

10 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Can you get stuff that Saladman isnt selling in the rank 5 package? I got boots in mine :hmm:

Edit: just got 2 335 ghost drops after getting to rank 5. Not sure if you have to be rank 5 to see them start dropping, but I hadn't seen anyone get one before today.

I had a few drop before level 5 and each character got a 320 one in the level 5 package.

Can I get my Titan from 0-5 in one day? Or one solid evening for that matter.

I'm going for it tonight.

My drops have seriously dried up... I was playing my Voidlock at 325 (max326) and if anything did drop it would be less light than I already had. Frustrating.

Also... It might be a bit of an X-Files conspiracy theory but I am quite often the only player on the rewards screen to get absolutely nothing!

I have wondered if it's anything to do with my NAT issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did it last night with my Hunter, so you could have done it yesterday. Will probably be even quicker today.

Game refuses to drop any chest exotics for me at this point, when its my weakest slot. Not even a 330 chest from any faction packages. Seems a bit suspect now its my only item under 330 :unsure:

I suspect the usual suspect - RNG. Everything my main has on is 335 except my arms, which are 334. Which makes me 334 of course. Have needed 335 arms for ages to max out. Finally got an exotic arms engram to drop, which decoded to a... to a... 334.

RNG.

Yeah, that's not us though. Ben's had loads of drops. So have I. Just not everything we need. If Saladin had been selling chests and arms this week we'd be laughing.

But never mind - the Golgo Challenge starts tomorrow. He's bound to drop a pair of arms for me and a chest for Ben, and definitely not the other way round. Because that's the way RNG works, right?

Was playing trying to get the last few bounties done so I could also complete the weekly easily, and "Iron Banner finishes at 2am" popped up. "WTF? When did it finish at 2am?" I thought. Then past 2am and its still up. Err. I guess they mean US time, but it panicked the shit outta me.

Got it all done though, and I got an exotic chest engram! And to top it off a 333 Iron banner chest on my lock outta the package - and its got the stats I've been after for months on my Warlock; Int+Str with shotgun ammo and arc armour :D

Oh and even more coins outta the weekly. Yay.....:facepalm:

On 23/04/2016 at 6:14 PM, Tezcatlipoca said:

Nope. The story missions I did last night were leftover "The Taken War" missions from TKK.

I did the new Strike last week, from the April Update quest, but that wasn't 41/Heroic.

The only thing I can think of (aside from the bizarre and unlikely possibility that someone somehow compromised my MS account and did nothing more than play a single Strike using it) is that completing the new level 41 Prison of Elders takes away from the bonus count for the weekly Heroic Strikes.

I asked on Bungie.net, and someone there stated that was the case: completing the new level 41 Prison of Elders takes away from the bonus count for the weekly Heroic Strikes.

But, I can't find any actual confirmation from Bungie, though. No mention in the patch notes.

Confirmed this myself at the weekend.

- Checked the Director: 3 x rewards left for the Vanguard Heroic Strikes.

- Played through Level 41 Prison of Elders: Received 10 Legendary Marks.

- Checked the Director: 2 x rewards left for the Vanguard Heroic Strikes.

Don't understand why it isn't mentioned in the patch notes, or the Heroic Strike help page, or the Prison of Elders help page.

CoE this week has a Super kill bonus - good luck, my Hunter brothers! :/ Warlocks with Obsidian Mind will be your bestest friends.

It also has Brawler and - urrrghhh - Ironclad. I particularly fancy doing it as a Bladedancer! Though I suppose multiple tagging with a primary can be done with impunity. 

20 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

I did it last night with my Hunter, so you could have done it yesterday. Will probably be even quicker today.

Game refuses to drop any chest exotics for me at this point, when its my weakest slot. Not even a 330 chest from any faction packages. Seems a bit suspect now its my only item under 330 :unsure:

It's random. I can't imagine bungie writing a specific piece of code to spite you and stop you getting a higher level chest piece.

RNG troillin' me as usual in IB.

Wanted Shotgun ammo boots, get three sets, Sidearm x 2 and Sniper ammo and each one 314 Light, everyone else was getting 335 and Shotgun! :doh:

But still, got the Rocket Launcher a few times and a 320 Ghost so not a bad few days grind to Level 5.

Funny how this hooks you so quickly, even after months of being away...

The new SP any good?

24 minutes ago, Jerec said:

Wanted Shotgun ammo boots, get three sets, Sidearm x 2 and Sniper ammo and each one 314 Light, everyone else was getting 335 and Shotgun! :doh:

Well you're not going to get a 335 drop unless you're already 330+ - that's the way the new smart light level works. From your drops I guess you were only around 310.

The new SP is just about non-existent. There's a wafer-thin 'story' mission in familiar surroundings, and a new, mediocre strike in familiar surroundings; not really worth doing in themselves. The best - maybe the only - reason to play is for the new drop system and the raised light level which accompanies it. Challenge of the Elders is new/remixed content as well, which again gives good rewards, but it's only easily soloable some weeks, depending on what the modifiers are. And CoE, unlike PoE 41, isn't matchmade. Moving on to completely non-remixed content, this week's Kings Fall challenge is Golgoroth, a run through of which is probably the single most lucrative activity for light-building now that it gives guaranteed drops of up to 335 (depending again on your current light level). And if you're well under 330, faction/Vanguard/Crucible/House of Judgment packages give you >330 armour and weapons. So playing almost any activity can reap valuable rewards.

After this week I think Destiny will be dead again for a few months. It's been a blast whizzing through old or remixed content for the new, more generous, rewards; and some of the new vendor weapons, and some of the new armour pieces, have been great. Even Iron Banner as Clash was largely good fun. But it's served more of a reminder of how great the game can be when it's feeling generous than being a piece of new content as such. I expect the game's servers to become a bit empty now, aside from the Trials addicts and those who are much slower levelling, until the autumn DLC drops. 

Ah right cool cool noted ta.

But as you said, now Iron Banners gone, I'll prob check out the new content, realise its the same ol' grind and then them hooks will drop to the ground and I'll be back on Elite or Battlefront by tomorrow evening.

I played the Destiny demo on PS3 (some Old Russia levels up to level seven) and thought it was pretty sweet. I'd like to play some more single player levels and some deathmatch, so I went to CEX to buy a Taken King disc. Apparently The Taken King is just download code though, so it's impossible to buy a used copy.

I'm thinking fuck it, if all I want to do is see some more planets and play single player levels, the base game for £8 should be enough.

Is that true or is the base game now going to be peppered with lots of messages and road blocks saying "You need The Taken King to open this door/equip this weapon" etc?

I don't mind beating the final level and  being told the next level is Taken King exclusive, that's fair enough, but I don't want the whole game to be filled with lots of error messages and stuff.

What will I get if I just put a used Destiny disc in my PS3, install, update and play?

6 hours ago, Soi said:

Is Bladedancer super buffed with Brawler?

I wish tether kills counted as super kills.

Yes, Bladedancer is classed as a melee special, encore and fast twitch will give it some pep.  Add in Skyburners with a sword and then Zhalo or Bad Juju and there'll be orbs and supers all over the shop. 

Really enjoyed CoE last couple of weeks. Last weeks melee bonus made for some silly fun. 

Has there been no mention of the SRL returning? Seems like they could be running that with IB on an alternate bi-weekly schedule.

38 minutes ago, Ale Crow said:

I played the Destiny demo on PS3 (some Old Russia levels up to level seven) and thought it was pretty sweet. I'd like to play some more single player levels and some deathmatch, so I went to CEX to buy a Taken King disc. Apparently The Taken King is just download code though, so it's impossible to buy a used copy.

I'm thinking fuck it, if all I want to do is see some more planets and play single player levels, the base game for £8 should be enough.

Is that true or is the base game now going to be peppered with lots of messages and road blocks saying "You need The Taken King to open this door/equip this weapon" etc?

I don't mind beating the final level and  being told the next level is Taken King exclusive, that's fair enough, but I don't want the whole game to be filled with lots of error messages and stuff.

What will I get if I just put a used Destiny disc in my PS3, install, update and play?

I started with the base game a month or so back.. It didn't stop or block anything, the only TTK things I saw were a trailer on the map... Ended up picking up the full package in last months sale as it was somewhat bargainous and I've been thoroughly enjoying the game so far :)
Basically, you'll be able to play up to a certain point/light level and then you'll hit a brick wall. (note that apparently the early levels/game has been biased so you level much more quickly than you originally would have, so you can get to lvl 25 for TTK quicker)

Warning to anyone intending to log in to Destiny soon for a scheduled activity - tonight is patch night. The patch is only a minor one to fix stuff like badly-registering melees and bugged drops, so it's only going to be a tiny file. but the PS4's insistence on checking all the existing data means it takes just as long to 'prepare to download' this as it would a major update or DLC release. Which is a very long time indeed. So start early.

19 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Has there been no mention of the SRL returning? Seems like they could be running that with IB on an alternate bi-weekly schedule.

I don't understand this either. They obviously put a fair amount of work into it and yet we haven't seen it since the initial 'test' release. Considering how light on additional content this update has been you would have though bringing that back would have been a complete no brainer. 

They must have some kind of plan for it adding more tracks etc. But I can't see them selling it standalone, and it doesn't seem like it would be a particular draw to convince people to buy DLC that already had more level content in it (and certainly if the next DLC has another raid people will buy it regardless of pretty much anything else it contains).

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

I don't understand this either. They obviously put a fair amount of work into it and yet we haven't seen it since the initial 'test' release. Considering how light on additional content this update has been you would have though bringing that back would have been a complete no brainer. 

They must have some kind of plan for it adding more tracks etc. But I can't see them selling it standalone, and it doesn't seem like it would be a particular draw to convince people to buy DLC that already had more level content in it (and certainly if the next DLC has another raid people will buy it regardless of pretty much anything else it contains).

Along with Crimson doubles (which I really enjoyed), it's really annoying that they create this stuff then it's gone. IB at least returns regularly, and it wouldn't be so bad if there was a decent stream of new stuff. As is there's entire finished, balanced destiny activities unavailable and tonnes of people sitting around with nothing to do.

2 hours ago, Soi said:

Anyone up for a HM raid this week?

I would do a HM run through to the Golgoroth challenge (and CP that and do him 3x for all his ultra phat loot), but only if it was with people who are used to doing it. Cannae be arsed to go through the learning curves for all that shizzle any more.