IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Hmm. Not according to the patch notes:

• Legendary and Exotic drops from many sources now attempt to drop with Attack or Defense greater than your current character light level
  • The following activities and items have been adjusted to include 335 Light items:
    • Prison of Elders Passage Challenge Ticket
    • Crucible Weekly
    • Court of Oryx Tier 3 Artifacts
    • Trials of Osiris 
    • Iron Banner
    • Unique Items from the Vanguard Heroic Strike Playlist 
    • Exotic Engrams
    • King's Fall Heroic
  • The following activities and items have been adjusted to include 330 Light items:
    • Weekly Nightfall Strike
    • Faction Packages
    • Trials Bounties
  • The following activities and items have these changes:
    • King's Fall Normal will drop up to 320 Light items
    • Prison of Elders Level 41 drops up to 320 Light items
    • Legendary Engrams max Light increased to 310 
    • Rare Engrams max Light increased to 310
    • Rare Items (dropped from remaining activities) max Light increased to 310
  • Infusion will now grant 100% of the Light from the infused item

Is this another example of them getting the notes wrong?

I think some of the reddit thread contributors have misunderstood the new reward structure. Sure, any exotics anywhere can drop at up to 335 - and that includes an exotic if it is dropped as an NF reward. And strike-unique drops can also drop up to 335 - which includes strikes that are Nightfalls. These drops are all available in the strike playlist (except that an exotic that drops there will be an engram rather than an already-decrypted item) - I've had a few of them myself. The Nightfall itself doesn't add anything to those, though - the NF reward itself only goes up to 330 if it's a legendary, and exotics can always go to 335 whatever the source of the drop. So you might as well do the strike playlist for the same chance of getting a 335 as the Nightfall, as long as you drop a 3oC on the way.

I love my Monte Carlo, it's my usual go to auto rifle for crucible, so very stable and accurate and the mele recharge is very useful as a nightstalker (I do like hiding in smoke).

However the Suros ARI 41 with the right roll is pretty similar without the mele charge and doesn't take up an exotic slot

Got me a sweet New Monarchy ship just now!

Its not Comitatus though :(

Edit: just found out that the ship is Armour of Vows, and it's bugged in that it causes the postmaster to show an icon as if you have post. Perfect Valentines Day ship then!

9 hours ago, Gorf King said:

I think some of the reddit thread contributors have misunderstood the new reward structure. Sure, any exotics anywhere can drop at up to 335 - and that includes an exotic if it is dropped as an NF reward. And strike-unique drops can also drop up to 335 - which includes strikes that are Nightfalls. These drops are all available in the strike playlist (except that an exotic that drops there will be an engram rather than an already-decrypted item) - I've had a few of them myself. The Nightfall itself doesn't add anything to those, though - the NF reward itself only goes up to 330 if it's a legendary, and exotics can always go to 335 whatever the source of the drop. So you might as well do the strike playlist for the same chance of getting a 335 as the Nightfall, as long as you drop a 3oC on the way.

Fair enough. Makes sense. 

As expected, it looks like the RNG drops will be so superior to the 320 reward packages in terms of light that I'll probably just play on one character for them, 3oCing as I go - there's not much point in going for those packages x3. Especially that Hunter cloak, which looks like it was knitted by Thora Hird on a bad arthritis day.

Fucking Clash though. Oh well. At least it's not Rift.

Does anything *other* than the weekly Heroic Strikes affect the 3 x bonus stacks of LMs per account per week?

I've not done any Heroic Strikes this week. After the weekly reset on Tuesday, the Director showed that I had 3 x bonuses remaining for the weekly Heroic Strikes.

I did a couple of leftover story missions last night, along with the Court of Oryx, and the new level 41 Prison of Elders.

The Director now shows that I have 2 x bonuses remaining for the weekly Heroic Strikes.

Nope. The story missions I did last night were leftover "The Taken War" missions from TKK.

I did the new Strike last week, from the April Update quest, but that wasn't 41/Heroic.

The only thing I can think of (aside from the bizarre and unlikely possibility that someone somehow compromised my MS account and did nothing more than play a single Strike using it) is that completing the new level 41 Prison of Elders takes away from the bonus count for the weekly Heroic Strikes.

I asked on Bungie.net, and someone there stated that was the case: completing the new level 41 Prison of Elders takes away from the bonus count for the weekly Heroic Strikes.

But, I can't find any actual confirmation from Bungie, though. No mention in the patch notes.

7 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Going to get back into this after being washed out by the sea of "fuck off No Mates this set of quests requires a fire team" content after the Taken King mainline. Where should I be going next? Just about to forge a sword.

I was in a similar place to this until the April update dropped and there's a handful of new activities and a new Strike as part of a new mini quest line from Variks in the Reef. Completing that will get you a sword with 320 light.

Since then I've been popping 3 of coins and hitting the heroic strikes playlists, which given the changes to drops has boosted my overall light level to 310+

You can also use 3oC in the Crucible.

------

I drifted away from Destiny earlier this year, after getting to 297 or 298 Light and realising I couldn't get any higher without Raiding (always playing at stupid hours makes it awkward to get with 5 friends for a Raid).

The April Update has sucked me back in, thanks to the improved drops, engrams, and infusion system. I'm at 308 now just from engrams and faction rank-up rewards.

Same here.  Think I got burnt out by Skolas just before the Taken King dropped, played a few other games whilst nibbling at the quests but gave up when all I had left was the raid and crucible ones.

Drifted back into it over the last few days and gone from about 285 to 302 in about three hours. It's definitely got it's hooks back in. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Wondering if there's any possibility of a raid group going this week, so I can finish those quest lines off.  Try and clear the crucible ones while IB is on.

On 24/04/2016 at 3:24 PM, Tezcatlipoca said:

You can also use 3oC in the Crucible.

------

I drifted away from Destiny earlier this year, after getting to 297 or 298 Light and realising I couldn't get any higher without Raiding (always playing at stupid hours makes it awkward to get with 5 friends for a Raid).

The April Update has sucked me back in, thanks to the improved drops, engrams, and infusion system. I'm at 308 now just from engrams and faction rank-up rewards.

Mr Tez! Blast from the past!

A almost tempted to come back on just to see whats new as its been ages and hate Call of Duty and Battlefront only just about manages to hold me just because its Star Wars, but Destiny is such a good shooter I can't think of anything better.

Can't remember what my light level is....

IB does seem very generous this time around, I've only played 9 matches and have had both the IB Assault Rile and Rocket Launcher and Hunter Cloak drop, not much left for me to buy!

Will the weapons and gear refresh tomorrow, or just the bounties?  

Just the bounties. 

The rank 5 roll on the rocket launcher is awesome. Everyone should buy it. 

IB was very generous in terms of drops tonight. More often than not it seemed someone got something, always higher light than them. 

I got a 334 cloak, a 335 cloak and a 335 Auto (I was 333 or 334).

Two 335 cloaks dropped for me, and a 334 (character's 333). The drops are indeed generous - as expected, it seems that just playing with your highest light character is the way to go, rather than trying to rank up across the board. It's all about the drops. (Though ranking up seems a lot quicker too.)

Had 3/4 auto rifles, and about 6 pair of boots. Not a single class item drop. Not a single rocket launcher drop.

I could really do with a class item or 2.

Gorf, have you had anything other than class items? Wondering if I'll not get a class item like in SRL, because I only used my Titan then as well :/

On 26/04/2016 at 5:17 PM, Jerec said:

Mr Tez! Blast from the past!

A almost tempted to come back on just to see whats new as its been ages and hate Call of Duty and Battlefront only just about manages to hold me just because its Star Wars, but Destiny is such a good shooter I can't think of anything better.

Can't remember what my light level is....

Hey Jerec! :-)

Nighteyes/LeChuck kept going on and on and on about this place, so I finally joined at the end of last year to see what the fuss was about.

Since the BXB forums were finally put out of their misery, there are also a few other familiar faces here too.