IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Loot in this is so much better now since the update. Got 2 new primaries last night that were 324 just from a rank up with Variks and a weekly score card completion. That's insane, considering guaranteed primaries of 320 only came from Oryx challenge mode prior to this update.

Not done the weekly crucible or the nightfall this week yet, but I'd be up for doing the nightfall if anyone fancies having a crack at it. Loot should be considerably better than last weeks.

You can solo the challenge of the elders. Its piss easy. Done it on 2 characters now.

I'd be up for a nightfall as I got my Hunter to 320 last night, which is funny as he has been 315/318 for months.

I did the weekly crucible last night on my Titan and got a class item at 326, then picked up the bounties on my hunter, and the weekly completed instantly. Got a 324 primary. But the funny thing is I could also pick up the weekly again, so essentially I can do the weekly twice on my hunter this week. Bonus!

Well the new update certainly makes things a bit more pleasant to level up.  Played a few hours,  didn't really any light levels but did get my Bubble Bro armour up to same level as Sunbreaker build.

From reading Reddit CoE is supposed to be pretty easy this week.  Shame I am a bit under levelled but if anyone is free this evening then I am free for that, nightfalls and other stuff.  Just at 307 light though.

PS I would probably exchange a testicle for an updated Lord of Wolves.  From CoE.  Just saying.

If you need to rank up Variks for the better chance of loot and for 3 of Coins, advice is to grind PoE today as I doubt the free gift of Small Arms will be there on reset. Also got a PoE exotic (Lord of Wolves etc) after the reward screen each time I completed which was a bit cray.

Just concentrate on killing the bosses. 

Ranking up factions, vanguard and crucible is always dropping stuff we need which is nice. They fixed that for us.

Yup, I've been back on loads this week following the update and whilst the latest patch seemed pretty lame the changes to the loot drops have pulled me back in.

I've gone from LL 290 to 304 in about 3 play sessions. About 1 in 4 blue engrams tends to give higher light than your current gear so I'm running short of marks after all the infusing!

1 hour ago, Janski said:

Yup, I've been back on loads this week following the update and whilst the latest patch seemed pretty lame the changes to the loot drops have pulled me back in.

I've gone from LL 290 to 304 in about 3 play sessions. About 1 in 4 blue engrams tends to give higher light than your current gear so I'm running short of marks after all the infusing!

I've been dragged back too, amazing a slim (and my it is a slim) slice of content and some better loot can entice and once there you remember just how good the shooting is.

I'm up from 302 to 309 after about three nights play and scary how deeply satisfying getting the care packages with actual useful loot is. And now I can infuse everything so I gets to keep the guns I love.

And the Taken sword is very cool too,and frees my weapon exotic slot back up.

Im sure I'll lose interest again before I make it to 335, bit determined to get 320 asap to check out the revised Nightfall and challenge of the elders.

did I mention how much fun the shooting still is?

Its almost like The Division coming out has distracted people for a bit and then reminded us how good Destiny is at the core, the updates are slim in content but make the game fun to play again and you can see progress.

One thing that has stunned me is that POE is actually fun to play on the challenge mode, as end game content it was shit and just frustrating but having it as a 15-30 min distraction with good rewards somehow makes it fun to play!

1 hour ago, dreamylittledream said:

did I mention how much fun the shooting still is?

28 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Its almost like The Division coming out has distracted people for a bit and then reminded us how good Destiny is at the core, the updates are slim in content but make the game fun to play again and you can see progress.

Bang. On.

The shooting in this is just so, so good. I've dipped my toe into The Division but this just feels spot on.

I've (obviously) come back as well.

I've mentioned this in the Division thread, but the new CoE (Challenge of Elders) is literally the opposite of the Division's Incursion; Can be soloed (yet you don't need to glitch!), is fun (it is fun, unless you're Gorf and have done it to death already :lol:), takes like 20-30 mins solo, and gives you good rewards that you don't care have random stats because of Infusion.

Also I still could do with a nightfall, if anyone fancies it. Probably too late though now.

7 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Gorf, just saw this (only need to watch the first few minutes):

So yeah. 335 from the Shaxx weekly bounties. Excellent. They're a piece of piss to do, and can all be done solo (except the fireteam one obviously).

Doesn't really matter to me - I've not even done the quest line that unlocks the Shaxx bounties - nowhere near, in fact. Bollocks to doing that lot.