IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Been having much more noob fun on this since I ditched my £8 cex disc and picked up the full bundle in the psn Easter sale.

The boost to lvl25 has made the story arcs sooooo much easier for soloing, and I've even done a couple of strikes. Dinged up to lvl33 last night and really enjoying the storylines now too!

Kinda want to finish the main story's before getting into the Taken King arcs, I'm assuming I'll be missing plot if I try and jump straight in?

They really should have released this a week ago if their aim was to tempt people back. Of course in any case of two similar games releasing big updates at the same time the one that's still considered 'new' is going to generate more interest. It doesn't help that for some reason they've decided that re-releasing some of the least fondly remembered content is the path to success. The whole increasing focus on microtransaction and F2P mechanics thing is also making me increasingly uneasy.

Yeah I agree - it seems that they have left it too long and even then, they sell updated yr1 exotics and activities as 'new' content. I can't complain because it is free and I'm still utterly addicted to playing trials of osiris but I imagine my friends list won't be as populated as before which is a shame as the social community built up here was brilliant.

I don't know how I feel about the Taken-ified gear.

I'm quite wary for the simple fact that the Taken Ghost skin never, ever loaded properly on the settings screen after I equipped it. It never appeared behind the settings unless I changed it to a different solid skin.

Not being able to see my character on the gear screen would be a bit dump.

BRAND NEW stuff from last year!

A NEW story mission!

Change the colour of some of your clothes!

Slightly higher numbers!

Jesus, it's all things they were too lazy to update in the Taken King or shit that should have been there from the start that's taken nearly two years. 

Shit/10

One of the new strikes is partially an old strike backwards that then turns into a story mission. 

Playing strikes with people dressed in taken gear is really confusing. 

Anyway, after a night back on Destiny the old magic still hasn't returned unfortunately. Too little, too late perhaps. 

I think the new missions are quite fun. Wasn't able to try PoE but I imagine that's much the same only made relevant again. There's still nothing around right now that matches the feel of Destiny's gunplay - and playing through things with @Gaz and @Goldaline makes it all the more fun. :)

The negative for me is that the new Sterling Treasure (the freebie of which for me was glitched so I received nothing. A search on reddit shows that this is a common bug) all comes in at light level THREE. So, you'll need to get the right RNG to get max level stuff on all of your applicable weapons and armour. Then, you'll have to do it all again to make the new stuff relevant. I just don't get it. Apart from a collection point of view I see no reason at all to warrant logging in to get this stuff. Well, if you get it, as it's glitched.

PoE level 41 is a piece of piss and I'm shit. Ran through it twice without dying once. Didn't try challenge mode as no matchmaking so hopefully be some people on tomorrow. New mission to get the taken sword was very short. As someone else said, having other players in Taken armour when fighting the Taken is quite confusing. Infusing now matching light is very welcome but to be honest, it should have always been like that. Overall, it feels a lot less content than I was expecting from the build up but it's free and I still love the core game. However, I can't see the new stuff holding my interest for more than a week or so and then I'll just be dipping in for IB I suspect.

Mida Multitool got nerfed in this update btw. They *have* now removed the knockback from the gun.....Yeah the same knockback they added last year when it was found it needed it as a boost for PvE. Its been removed because.....of PvP, as everyone is using it apparently. Because its a balanced gun. But Bungie thinks it must be because its OP. So nerfed :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Mida Multitool got nerfed in this update btw. They *have* now removed the knockback from the gun.....Yeah the same knockback they added last year when it was found it needed it as a boost for PvE. Its been removed because.....of PvP, as everyone is using it apparently. Because its a balanced gun. But Bungie thinks it must be because its OP. So nerfed :facepalm:

Yep, noticed that. On the positive side, Hawkmoon got a boost to range which I like.