IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

They got rid of all the others, but the year one raid exotics are still exclusive.

In my ongoing quest for the last word I saved up enough for three primary legacy engrams. Only five year one primaries I'm missing, so good odds. I got MIDA, Monte Carlo and Bad JuJu. So I got another six coins and bought one more, got Red Death.

Worked my balls off for another 31 coins, and it finally happened. I need 150 marks for a y2 version, but I'm so happy right now.

image.thumb.jpg.eea52a784c0aac175f8a4334

On 26/02/2016 at 9:48 PM, KYUSS said:

Does anyone use a Scuff controller or the Kontrol Freeks thumb sticks?

I'm thinking about getting some Kontrol Freeks to try. £12.99 on Amazon.

Hi kyuss. I use a scuf. It's grand. After maining on Xbox one, and the elite, I simply could not go back to the ordinary controller. I use bumper jumper, so crouch/slide/ shadestep  and grab ammo / res are two buttons I would always have to take my thumb off the stick go do either of those things. Having a scuf or elite allows you to res while aiming/ firing, to slide more effectively, to shadestep less cumbersomely. It won't make you better, it will make it easier.

6 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Thay aren't exotics. They are legendary weapons that only drop in VoG.

I don't know about year one but the Version of the Vex Mythoclast in the year one exotic weapons is definitely an exotic weapon. Necrochasm is also listed as an exotic exclusive to Crota's End. They might have upgraded them to exotic status like they upgraded the strangers rifle to legendary?

Actually (captain pedant to the rescue) Necrochasm doesn't even drop at all! You need the (no-Legendary junk status gun) Husk of the Pit to drop from a Hive Yellow Bar sword guy (grind it from the start of the Fist of Crota mission) then upgrade to Legendary by using it.

Then you need a Crux of Crota from HM Crota raid, Crota drop. So yeah.

Nice little Rumble match in today's daily using Arminius-D.

I love this gun. I got a roll with crowd control/spray and pray and braced frame.

I still have a package on my hunter, I'll see what rolls drop tomorrow.

I am casually playing this again and enjoying it, just doing the odd bits here and there - I have my Chaperone now and thought I would get Touch of Malice..

I have forgotten what you have to do or how far I had got but there is no quest line, I remember it was there and I have finished Kings Fall a few times so certain I have done that part, I have 46 calcified fragments and 50 Hadium flakes but no quest or person to speak to - any ideas??

There are two quest lines that converge. The one that required you to beat the three Raid bosses, and the other one that had you doing stuff for Eris. They've got yellow markers in your quest log.

Presumably Google is your friend. 45 fragments is a gate, but you need them on one character, not spread across the three.

48 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

There are two quest lines that converge. The one that required you to beat the three Raid bosses, and the other one that had you doing stuff for Eris. They've got yellow markers in your quest log.

Presumably Google is your friend. 45 fragments is a gate, but you need them on one character, not spread across the three.

It was indeed my Warlock only having 43..

I got lucky as I found one I knew I hadn't got and then got the third one in the list thankfully missing on Warlock so back in business!

32 minutes ago, KYUSS said:

I've not won a PvP match since the update yesterday. Should I be worried?

Supposed to be based on connection priority now but I'm getting stomped.

I was on for hours last night, won as many as lost - I found some games were full of laggy players on poor connections teleporting around. I did notice my Red death wasn't carving up like it usually does, seems to be more auto rifle kills then anything and even heard a few trusty Thorns!

Did you go in solo? I always found with Destiny that against a team on comms you don't stand a chance, we never lost a game of IB as a six :o

I think it's going to be increasingly dead from now until they make some new end-game activities. They "announced" a small update in the "Spring" and a larger one in Autumn, but it's pretty clear that they have no idea what those are yet.

Which is a shame, as I'd still quite like to be playing it. But inevitable, as the game's pretty stale once you get your characters to 315ish.

Yeah I got all my characters to 310, have nothing to do and there's no info on when more stuff is coming or what it is. I could wait and spend the week of the next IB grinding PvP against people who are worse than me but have an advantage because they've played the unrelated 6 man single player mission that is the only way to get the best gear, but even if I get all three of them to rank 5 I'll be lucky to get any light increase at all. I don't know a third person to play trials with and I can't functionally raid, plus I got all the things I was hoping the lottery would eventually give me.

I still feel that only having one activity that rewards high level gear, then locking that into a huge group with no matchmaking is shit. I could find an evening to do the raid, but I haven't got the friends or the time to raid regularly, and if you haven't got the resources to raid then you can fuck off. If you prefer PvP you can fuck off. If you prefer to play with one other person you can fuck off. If you don't want to waste hours learning boring jumping puzzles you can fuck off.

I guess after being told that by the game for a few months I decided to fuck off. Endgame Destiny isn't for me, it's for people with more time and more friends who prefer PvE content. As I can't transform myself into them, I can't carry on playing Destiny.

I'm actually pretty sad about it, I genuinely never thought I'd play an MMO again and I hate most FPS games. I had an absolutely amazing time with this and I really love it. But I'm bored of the same strikes and missions and I'm bored of never getting rewarded for PvP.

The difference between 310 and 320 makes fuck all practical difference in PvP.  And the raid weapons aren't 'the best' for PVP - in fact, with one notable exception in one specific situation, they aren't even the best for the raid. Also, you can complete the raid loads of times on HM and never get a 320 item drop - whereas playing 7 matches of that Valentines doubles thing got a guaranteed 320 ghost (never got one of them in all my raids). Sure, there's some good stuff in HM raid challenges, but it's not the be-all and end-all. 

Ultumately, we all run out of things to do. Still, if you love the PvP and are 310, you will beat anyone who's 320 easily if you're really better than them. So that shouldn't be the thing that stops you getting to the Lighthouse. Not playing in a team might, as you say. But the Online folder here's spawned many a successful group, so maybe give that a go. It's only a few posts' worth of effort. 

Matchmakng for the raid would kill it stone dead. Most people's first experience of the Vault of Glass would be being paired up with five other team members with no microphones who run around like mice and don't cooperate in any way.  If that was how you were introduced to the game's best content, you'd never play it again, it's hard enough to do the start of the VoG for the first time if you're communicating with your team.

That said, Destiny seems pretty dead anyway, so they probably don't have a lot to lose.