The Fratellis - Costello Music

keineboom

Yeah, I think its pretty ace. Feels like its released a couple of months too late though, it'd be a great summery album ifyouknowwhatimean.

You're completely right. This would have been ace to chill out to with the BBQ blazing.

I'm only a couple of tracks in at the moment. This sort of stuff isn't usually my bag (possibly a bit too heavy for me), but I'm really enjoying this.

It is a bit of a game of Spot The Influence on some of the tracks though! There's deffo some White Stripes on Doginabag, Oasis-ish on Ole Black 'n' Blue Eyes and - for some reason - I think the mighty Quo are in elements of Baby Fratelli (esp. the chorus)!

Any others?

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So, the new album... Here We Stand, very much like the first album with rousing choruses on loads of the songs which is A Good Thing in my opinion. Best songs are probably Look Out Sunshine and Acid Jazz Singer.

Pretty solid effort, no songs to compare with Chelsea Dagger mind, but definitely one of the best this year.