• 1 year later...

Amazing game: fantastic handling which rewards precision but doesn't take itself too seriously. Fully modelled car interiors (not that i ever used them, but remarkable that they were all there), and weather effects including mist, snow and tracks which started dry, and then became wet. Or tracks that started wet and began to dry up as the race progressed.

I remember spending a lot of time simply using the in-game photo facility to zip around the tracks sightseeing and marvelling at the levels of accuracy and detail in various buildings, statues and monuments.

It really was ahead of its time and and offered much more variety than many of the 'bigger' franchises that came out quite a few years later.

Special mention to Boozy for orgainising the PGR time trials right here on Rllmuk, spent many happy hours trying to get to the upper levels of Boozy's leaderboards.

The fact that so many important people from this game (and the whole PGR franchise) are working on Forza Horizon 2 and driveclub is what makes them my most anticipated games of the year.

It's a good time to be a racing game fan :-)

• 4 years later...

Well I put it on this morning because I've been slightly disappointed by Forza Horizon 4 - can't work out why and I thought I was bored of driving games in general...  I was nearly late for work because I got engrossed in this all over again. So it definitely scratches that driving game itch that nothing else seems to touch these days. One thing I did notice were the car sounds in PGR4 going from a range of cars they just sound so good (put them through a surround sound system!) the Ferrari Enzo sounds like it should as did the growling burble of the Bentley Continental....The music too - love the prodigy sound track that this came with (think The Shadow was written specifically for this game).

Really wish this would get added to BC and enhanced for the X.... That would just be great - be interesting to see it run at 60fps too, however I'm guessing it might feel all wrong at that speed! :) 

Makes me wonder what is needed from the original devs to make a game like this BC, given that Bizarre hasn't been around for years now.

I mean, Split/Second: Velocity was added to BC a year or two ago while Black Rock Studios was forced to close doors in 2011.

2 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Makes me wonder what is needed from the original devs to make a game like this BC, given that Bizarre hasn't been around for years now.

I mean, Split/Second: Velocity was added to BC a year or two ago while Black Rock Studios was forced to close doors in 2011.

Probably (annoyingly) licensing issues...

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Probably (annoyingly) licensing issues...

It'll be exactly that. I suspect it would count as a re-release and the licences will have long since run out. Hence no Forza BC either.

I always think I should really like the PGR series, but I've just never gelled with it. I feel like I should give 4 a better go to see if it clicks at some point.