Bye bye Arab Strap

Yes, it’s the end for Arab Strap. After ten years, six studio albums, three live albums and all manner of everything else, we’ve decided the story should come to a close. There’s no animosity, no drama, we simply feel we’ve run our course and The Last Romance seems to us the most obvious and logical final act of the Arab Strap studio adventure. Everybody likes a happy ending!

We will, of course, be celebrating. Our anniversary compilation, “Ten Years Of Tears” (see below) will be released this October/November and we are planning what will be our Farewell Tour (which sounds kind of cool) around the release in the UK and Europe (we’ll post the dates over the weekend). We hope you’ll be able to join us, but if you can’t make it then let us take this opportunity to thank you for listening.

It is midnight on the 8th of September 2006 and I have just opened a beer.

Cheers.

Pretty gutted about this, been listening to them for almost ten years now but even so I can't help but think I've taken them for granted a bit. It never particularly occured to me that they might split up.

Hopefully I'll be able to get to one of the farewell shows as I've somehow managed never to see them live.

I said with me around she'd never come to harm, and then she took a fork and stabbed herself in the arm. She used to wank me off but I could never heat her up and she used to tell all her friends that I beat her up.

Where will we be without lyrics like this? I suppose there's always Lucky Pierre.

That's a shame. I do think that the solo Malcolm Middleton and Lucky Pierre stuff has been stronger than their last two albums together though.

They do a good little live show with the full band, so hopefully I'll be able to catch them on the farewell tour.

Just on a tangent the new Chemikal Underground compilation is wicked and contains all of Arab Strap's videos on the label.