rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

Exciting Wiitails

' date='Sep 15 2006, 02:31 PM' post='3405139']

I know this has been done to death, but is it wireless network compatible out of the box?

I read somewhere you have to keep it in the box for the wireless capabilities to work.

Anyone printed the prices of the accessories? If not, NoE has them at £30/40Eur for remote, £14/20Eur for nunchuk and £14/20Eur for classic controller.

2 weeks? 2 days more like. Fedex.

If i get fed ex i'll definetly get stung on tax and i'll have to pay lots more for shippign as well.

VAT, or just the added admin caused by an extra currency, I imagine.

Companies the size of Nintendo deal with additional currencies all the time. It's probably more to do with making up a round figure.

Now, the £50 difference between the UK and the US is a bit harder to explain away, but I'm sure there are a number of Nintendo Fanboys working on an explanation while we speak.

I think the pirce is fine, personally. Whether or not it is cheap enough to be a success with the 'non gamers' remains to be seen, though.

I have a good feeling though - I reckon Nintendo are going to have a stompin' xmas period.

Ithankyou

Sorry I called that price and package and was off by one day for the release date . I think _I_ win.

It's a bad price any way you look at it. You might be happy to pay that much anyway, but you're fucking kidding yourself if you don't think that's bad.

It's cheaper than an ipod.

And with a game.

It just seems like such a rip off to me since I got a brand new premium 360 + Kameo and PD: Zero for £210 off this very forum. If the games are £30 (online) a pop it might soften the blow.

its weird but a month ago we were all exited about £160 fro a solus wii, now £180.00 mit wiisports seems apocalyptic.

and its all down to rumours and speculation £99 - october 13th, £149.99 novemner 24th etc.

mind you that doesnt vhange the fact that we're again the last country in the world to get it (by an acceptable margin this time) and with the highest price tag - we're even paying £20 more than australia.

i feel sulky now, may just buy a GC zelda and be bitter for THE REST OF MY LIFE.

It will be interesting to see if the usual Nintendoid suspects will whine about people playing "derivative" games over Nintendo's offerings when the 360 wipes the floor with the Japanese giants' costly error this Christmas.

People want something that looks as though it offers value for money - the Wii, with its dated inards, offers a new controller but the average person on the street looking to buy a console will see that its games look nary a shade better than those they were getting on their last gen consoles and opt for a 360. At a premium price - and £180 *is* just that - people want a substantial visual improvement.

They had a glorious chance with the Wii, but they've proven once more that they give not a toss about the UK, offering even Australia - a territory which has never purchased Nintendo products in reasonable numbers - a considerably better deal. I'm disappointed that Nintendo have decided to make the Wii strictly a niche product in this territory - it certainly flies in the face of the "message" some purported them to be conveying.

£180 is a bridge too far, and with the 360 receiving a lot of quality software this winter, I'm disappointed to say that I'll be waiting until I can pick one up for less than £150 in the spring of 2007.

PS3 - £399.99

PS2 - £299.99

Xbox - £299.99

Xbox 360 - £279.99

Dreamcast - £199.99

Wii - £179.99

GC - £129.99

Not bad, IMO.

the 360 receiving a lot of quality software this winter,

:(

but, hey, at least we know that it will be profitable right from the start!, is that worldwide or just in europe?

PS3 - £399.99

PS2 - £299.99

Xbox - £299.99

Xbox 360 - £279.99

Xbox 360 - £209.99 (Currently £199.99)

Dreamcast - £199.99

Wii - £179.99

GC - £129.99

Not bad, IMO.

Why is everyone ignoring the Core?

I'm sure that if they had MS's cash, they'd be subsidising the price in the same way that the 360 blatently woudlnt' cost you 200 quid in the real world, but they don't. and it does come with a 'free' game.

People want something that looks as though it offers value for money - the Wii, with its dated inards, offers a new controller but the average person on the street looking to buy a console will see that its games look nary a shade better than those they were getting on their last gen consoles and opt for a 360. At a premium price - and £180 *is* just that - people want a substantial visual improvement.

You massively, massively, massively overestimate the intelligence of the "average person on the street".

How much is a US one?

The Core :( is a joke.

You could get a Core with a couple of games from certain retailers for under £200. It immediately looks like much less of a joke when one considers that it's a far more impressive piece of hardware, controller debate aside.

Microsoft couldn't have asked for any more luck this Christmas. First of all Sony fuck their most loyal customers off and then Nintendo, a company who many thought would be a competitor by making their console available at a "mass market price" become arrogant in the way only they can and decided to launch at a price which will have Average Bloke On The Street running for a console which can boast games that actually look better than those he's been playing for the last few years for only a little bit more. When you add to that the - perfectly just - stigma Nintendo have with regards to their consoles not playing host to the sort of games Average Bloke would like to play (Pro Evo, GTA, any 'realistic' racing games) you have a big problem for a company whose greatest chance of success would have come from tapping kids & "non-gamers".

It just seems like such a rip off to me since I got a brand new premium 360 + Kameo and PD: Zero for £210 off this very forum. If the games are £30 (online) a pop it might soften the blow.

But Kameo and PD are,...y'know,......shit.

Anyone printed the prices of the accessories? If not, NoE has them at £30/40Eur for remote, £14/20Eur for nunchuk and £14/20Eur for classic controller.

£44 for a complete extra controller? that's more dissapointing then the price of the console. That and the games prices being exactly the same as this gen.

You massively, massively, massively overestimate the intelligence of the "average person on the street".

Not to mention the debatable quality of the vast majority of 360 barely-upscaled ports.

You wait until the cha...average person in a shellsuit sees the Wiimote in Game or wherever. They went nuts for the DS and Donkey Konga pods.

People want something that looks as though it offers value for money - the Wii, with its dated inards, offers a new controller but the average person on the street looking to buy a console will see that its games look nary a shade better than those they were getting on their last gen consoles and opt for a 360.

The average person on the street doesn't want to become a bald space marine and blast alien hordes. I don't think the Nintendogs/Brain Training/Animal Crossing crowd Nintendo's gonna be pushing for gives a toss about so-called 'last gen graphics' tbh. :(

Anyone printed the prices of the accessories? If not, NoE has them at £30/40Eur for remote, £14/20Eur for nunchuk

That really takes the piss. £44 for a second controller. That plus no online multiplayer service yet. Why the fuck did they pick 'Wii play together' as a slogan?

It's cheaper than an ipod.

And with a game.

iPods are stupidly overpriced though. What's your point?

It will be interesting to see if the usual Nintendoid suspects will whine about people playing "derivative" games over Nintendo's offerings when the 360 wipes the floor with the Japanese giants' costly error this Christmas.

They had a glorious chance with the Wii, but they've proven once more that they give not a toss about the UK, offering even Australia - a territory which has never purchased Nintendo products in reasonable numbers - a considerably better deal. I'm disappointed that Nintendo have decided to make the Wii strictly a niche product in this territory - it certainly flies in the face of the "message" some purported them to be conveying.

£180 is a bridge too far, and with the 360 receiving a lot of quality software this winter, I'm disappointed to say that I'll be waiting until I can pick one up for less than £150 in the spring of 2007.

That's not the point tho - my mum cant tell the difference between a 360 game and a PS2 game, so why do you assume that Nintnedo's target audience (ie. NOT 'average person looking to buy a console') will even give a shit that it contains 'dated innards'?

Your point is valid, as I agree the price may well be a little bit too high to appeal to these 'non gamers'.

Then again, I'm sure that none of us expected the DS to be so monumentally successful.

Why does every one think there's going to be loads of spare Wii's to import from Japan and the US ??

Importing is going to be a stress and not that cheap.

Because core = half an xbox 360

So was the original Playstation half a console?

It never came with a hard drive or a wireless controller.

Bizarre logic you guys.