rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

Exciting Wiitails

13:39 - WII LAUNCH DETAILS: European launch date December 8 2006, priced at £179 (249 Euros).

They must use the same exchange rate my credit card company does. xe.com has 249 euros as £170 tops.

Right, if the games are going to be region free then what is the fucking point of buying an over-priced PAL console? Well done Nintendo you cunts.

So go and get an import Wii then "you cunts" :(

Oh get a fucking grip. "Oh teh noes! Teh £10 more than we expetorred!!" Boo fucking hoo. If you don't want to pay it, don't fucking pay it. Just don't piss and moan about it on here either.

It's just that all the reports has made out that it will be significatly cheaper than the other next gen consoles. I don't call £20 quid that significant.

Then again, there're still a few months until launch so maybe another GC stylee price cut is possible. (Come one MS, reduce the 360 so that Nintendo follow suit)

It's too close to the 360 core price.

Bad jazz, Nintendo Europe. Bad jazz.

Remind me - the core is a shitty edition 360 isn't it? Does it have the wireless controller?

You have to pay sales tax in the US dont you? so add another 10% on the original price. Here you dont add VAT on to the £179

Is it confirmed as Region free then?

if so.... Importastic!

Got to take into account that it's bundled with a game too. Even if that game is a £30 game then it makes the console only £140

You have to pay sales tax in the US dont you? so add another 10% on the original price. Here you dont add VAT on to the £179

The Japanese Price includes sales tax.

Considering it works with every game out of the box with online and the like and a 360 core will sock you £40 for your live sub, £60 for a HDD and £30 for a headset it's not really that close.

My 360 has company below my TV before xmas :(

Don't forget you'll be able to trade in your GameCube when you get it! That takes the price down to £178! Bargain.

You know, i don't really want Wii Sports, and i certainly wouldn't want it for £67. If i import i'm likely to pay that in charges and don't know the fine details so will have to wait, and if i end up with Sports no bugger'll want to trade it either.

Do a gameless pack, 'tards.

I don't see anything wrong with that price, it's not exactly breaking the bank style pricing although I am slightyly poor at the moment so one for the credit card I think.

One thing that puzzles me is that I thought the whole Wii concept was indicative of it being bundled with 2 controllers?

Oof, that's a dangerous price. I'd be happy to pay that much for one, but it's not going to make they're attempts at reaching non-gamers any easier.

Indeed. £180 is not an impulse purchase. NoE have just thrown away their best chance for a decent Christmas in years. Unbelievable.

Could they be any worse at this? £40 (35% of its value?) more than the US price (xe puts $250 at £132), for a machine that apparently has no region lockout. With games earlier and cheaper from the US (movietyme are miles cheaper even on the DS stuff), if the online stuff works with euro machines there's pretty much zero reason to get a uk one.

What's with all the pissing and moaning? Wasnt this exactly what we expected?

They're only happy when it rains

It's cool to hate

They're a fucking whingey bunch

Tak your pick really. Still don't think it'll be much cheaper to import.

Guest Ryoko the demon caller

Well I'm happy with £179 and very happy at games for £35-39, sod the xbox 360 it's hardly the same and its pointless buying the core pack anyway so I think Nintendo are onto a winner, only thing is I think the release date is too close to christmas unless we are getting a massive first shipment theres gonna be alot of crying kids come xmas day.

I'm new BTW so Hello there :(