Exciting Wiitails

Could they be any worse at this? £40 (35% of its value?) more than the US price (xe puts $250 at £132), for a machine that apparently has no region lockout. With games earlier and cheaper from the US (movietyme are miles cheaper even on the DS stuff), if the online stuff works with euro machines there's pretty much zero reason to get a uk one.

Guest Ryoko the demon caller

Well I'm happy with £179 and very happy at games for £35-39, sod the xbox 360 it's hardly the same and its pointless buying the core pack anyway so I think Nintendo are onto a winner, only thing is I think the release date is too close to christmas unless we are getting a massive first shipment theres gonna be alot of crying kids come xmas day.

I'm new BTW so Hello there :(

Fine by me, as I'd buy Wii sports anyway - so I view this as an enforced bundle that I'm happy with. It'd be nice if it had an RGB cable in the box, though I doubt it will. Has it got the same AV connector as the Cube, do we know? If so I could just transplant my current RGB scart over, that'd be nice. Once you factor in Xbox Live to the 360 price (which might not be a factor for everyone, admittedly) £180 seems very fair. I couldn't give a toss what it costs in Japan to be honest. I'm sure I could get in a rage about the price of everything I buy right down to paperclips if I tried hard enough, but instead I'll just grab a Wii in December and concentrate on enjoying myself.

Well I'm happy with £179 and very happy at games for £35-39, sod the xbox 360 it's hardly the same and its pointless buying the core pack anyway so I think Nintendo are onto a winner, only thing is I think the release date is too close to christmas unless we are getting a massive first shipment theres gonna be alot of crying kids come xmas day.

I'm new BTW so Hello there :(

Ha MS teamed up with the others to make us think that £40 games are good.

At £180 they can fuck off in the face. I'll pick one up when I'm in America.

Guest Ryoko the demon caller

How do they convert 249 Euro's to £179? Why should people in the UK have to pay more than those in Europe?

Because we live in crappy rip off Britain :(

The price was pretty much what I guessed (I guessed £174.99). I have a £50 voucher from Currys after the HDTV fiasco which some of you may remember so that's a cool £129.99 for the Wii for me. I'll import an extra controller and Wario Ware from Japan and I'll be laughing. Like this :(

wow, what a dilema. After all my (our) bitchin about ninty screwing over the EU community they finally release an acceptable release date .... Now if I order a US machine, it might take over 2 weeks to get here. Which means I'll get it around the same time as the EU release. But it will cost the same (after tax an all that jazz on the us purchase). So i could just wait for the EU release. But then again, the games will come out in the US first. Arrg i don't know which to buy...

Indeed. £180 is not an impulse purchase. NoE have just thrown away their best chance for a decent Christmas in years. Unbelievable.

£180 including a game, mind.

Great news about the date, if PAL games are prog scan enabled I figure I can wait. Either way I'm in the US the week it launches :(

wow, what a dilema. After all my (our) bitchin about ninty screwing over the EU community they finally release an acceptable release date .... Now if I order a US machine, it might take over 2 weeks to get here. Which means I'll get it around the same time as the EU release. But it will cost the same (after tax an all that jazz on the us purchase). So i could just wait for the EU release. But then again, the games will come out in the US first. Arrg i don't know which to buy...

2 weeks? 2 days more like. Fedex.

Get a Eu one and order the american games.

It's just that all the reports has made out that it will be significatly cheaper than the other next gen consoles. I don't call £20 quid that significant.

Yes, but the difference is more than £20 if you want to buy a game for your X360 and take it online. The 360 basic pack isn't online ready from the start.

Well... I'll be getting one (I hope), then spending about £150 on games.

If you think about it comparatively (and knowing that we get raped for tax in the UK), it's a fucking steal.

I know this has been done to death, but is it wireless network compatible out of the box?