rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

Exciting Wiitails

NoE certainly have an amazing skill there.

To bore everyone to death when the most exciting gaming thing lands in their lap, and they don't want to talk about it.

EDIT: ah, it was a joke. A shit joke.

IGN page...

Live from the European House of Mario by Matt Wales
Literally, my knickers just went damp.

:(

14:12.06 -

"In the very near future we'll be launching another console that will go even further in making games accessible and fun for everyone."

Gabby's back. Introducing Wii Sports' boxing game. Shibata's going to play against Iwata, who they say is actually in Japan.

A hologram of your player in front of you, jabbing with the Wii remote and Nunchuck.

14:10.59 -

"Our strategy is paying off."

Graph: DS sales account for 70% of handheld sales accross Europe.

More than 100k were consistently sold every week, he says. DS has now reached over 6 million people in Europe alone.

10 million sales predicted by the end of 2006. Says to look forward to Sudoku, English Training, Starfox, Yoshi Island 2, and Pokemon Dungeon.

NoE certainly have an amazing skill there.

To bore everyone to death when the most exciting gaming thing lands in their lap, and they don't want to talk about it.

This is NOE. They probably know as much about it as we do.

14:14.18 -

Aha! And Satoru Iwata's walked on behind him. "And this is what goes on when you think I'm away."

"I woke up many hours ago and many thousands of miles away, so I assure you I won't take any more time than necessary to share my thoughts."

Hmm, EuroGamer were doing so well up till the point where their site became hideously unusable and well.. a bit crap really

Hmm, EuroGamer were doing so well up till the point where their site became hideously unusable and well.. a bit crap really

DS = 70% of handheld sales in Europe? I thought the DS / PSP were supposed to be neck and neck over here, with the PSP maybe slightly ahead... And that's not counting GBA sales...

Like this forum?

13:25 - Ah! Logan's back and she's showing us Tennis. She's bandying around the names 'Tim Henman' and 'Greg Rezetski' - a name I've never needed to spell before. Logan's just spend a good five minutes hunting around for a bunch of avatars bearing likenesses to them. And now the curtains have just whizzed open and there's a fake tennis court on stage! Guess who's there! Yup, REAL LIVE TENNIS STARS

14:31.13 -

Calendar, househould bulletin board and family message centre for organising family scheduling, he says. Leave post-its for your friends and family. Or Tom Nook.

Online access to international weather forecasts. Constantly updated worldwide headlines, too. Plus seperate net channels powered by Opera.

Virtual Console. Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past, Mario 64 flash up. 15 in launch period in Europe. With 5-10 titles a month.

Donkey Kong shows up too. Now we're on WiiConnect24 - offering Nintendo news or "other features", "even while you sleep".

He points out that you can do this without Wii, but argues not everyone has the same advantage. For many it'll be the first time they're comfortable doing it.

Channels will be good for people who aren't as technically able, baisically.

With Touch! Generations software coming to Wii, Iwata believes everyone in the family will give Wii a go. And now he's off. Gabby's back.

Wii Sports tennis now. And it's Tim Henman and Greg Rusedksi. She's not pointing out they're here yet. BUT WE KNOW THEY ARE.

And the curtains have gone infront of the stage for some reason. Aha. Big reveal: Tim and Greg playing real tennis on a court behind the stage.

Shibata's back, and he's going to challenge them both to Wii tennis.

OMG! Famous tennis stars playing with their wiis! Someone call News of the World!!!111one!

DS = 70% of handheld sales in Europe? I thought the DS / PSP were supposed to be neck and neck over here, with the PSP maybe slightly ahead... And that's not counting GBA sales...

I think the DS soared since the release of the Lite and the Brain Training/Mario stuff. The PSP has seen shit all good games in a long time now*.

* Well, some, but not enough to wow a lot of people into buying one I think.

14:33.05 -

30-30. Tim's serving. Decent rally this time, and Greg wins it. Game point. "Nintendo's gone mad," my friend says.

14:32.13 -

They're in their tennis whites and everything. Gabby's commentating. Greg's really getting into it, but they're 30-0 down.

Henman misses one on the baseline. And Greg gets one back. Oh but Henman's hit it out. Game.

Second game. Tim's beaten down. He's arguing the line call.

15-15. "We move quicker in this game than real life," says Greg.

British tennis heroes get affronted by foreign war mongers (60 years ago BUT IT STILL COUNTS) in evil video game - Daily Mail

Why are you all so surprised? You think they were just gonna run on say "7th December, £169.99" and run off again?!

It would have saved a hell of a lot of time and fuss.

I want to see them play. Will footage of this appear at some point?

If NoE were smart then they'd release this footage to the news channels along with the release date. As this is NoE they've probably banned all cameras in the venue, even their own.