rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

Exciting Wiitails

12:55.22 -

"Introducing Wii". Quotes flying up from various sources. Magazines, CEOs, old women. Video of people playing with it.

12:55.56 -

I Don't Feel Like Dancing is playing. Gerhard Florin from EA has a quote up: apparently Wii is ace!

12:53 - It's started! WE're kicking off with that Wii trailer featuring those exuberant ii's. Okay, so we've got a fact video thing going on now with some peeps prancing with the remote and some lovely quotes about the Wii. Also the Scissor Sisters are on the soundtrack. We HEART the Scissor Sisters.

/ign

12:55.56 -

I Don't Feel Like Dancing is playing. Gerhard Florin from EA has a quote up: apparently Wii is ace!

12:55.22 -

"Introducing Wii". Quotes flying up from various sources. Magazines, CEOs, old women. Video of people playing with it.

EDIT: Sam you time thief!

i dont feel like dancing?

ominous choice of songs, when exactly will we feel like dancing?

(easter)

cue the sound of a million mice, as of all of rllmuk refresh eurogamer

It doesn't need refreshing:

This article is coming to you LIVE!

This means this article will automatically update as it's written, without you having to refresh the page OR ANYTHING. Seriously, don't press the 'refresh button'!

Bloody hell! Its all kicking off apparently...

Gabby Logan isn't a gaming fan, but she's excited anyway. Laurent Fischer from Nintendo Europe comes on.

"Can you really get me interested in gaming?" says Gab.

"Yes I can!"

"How can you get me interested?"

"Maybe you like sport."

"I do."

"Maybe you would like to try some Wii Sports with me?"

*slap*

14:09.20 -

Nintendogs: 4 million in Europe alone. 60, 000 sold a week even now. Responsible for the upsurge in women gamers on the DS he says.

Brain Training: half of the owners are over 26 years old, he says, which is very unusual.

In Japan, the series sold over 5 million copies since May 2005. In nine weeks it's sold 500k in Europe, which took 17 weeks in Japan, he says.

In Germany, Brain Training is on top of the charts two months after launch, he tells us. DS software has dominated European charts in July and August.

He's showing Nintendo's favourite graph: the one that shows sales spiking in later weeks, and not just big sales in the first week that tail off.