Exciting Wiitails

The Liberal Elite

Has anyone heard back from Nintendo about the star stealing yet? I sent them another e-mail the other day and the cunts still haven't even replied to confirm that I'm not getting my account back.

I've got "Corrections Cancellation of additional Birthday Stars -31656" on my account from 22nd Jan, but that's it. The account is still there in that I can log in to the Nintendo site, at least.

• 1 month later...

So...

Silent Hill "re-imagining" for Wii, apparently. Annoyingly, it appears a scan of the article including screens was posted but has since been removed. Please be genuine and not a ridiculous joke to capitalise on today's date.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php...7238&page=2

SilentHillCover.jpg

“The characters play different roles, things don’t necessarily happen in the same order, and the story is taken in lots of new directions. You still play as Harry Mason, you’re still looking for your daughter, and you’ll see familiar elements, but they’re all twisted to betray your expectations.”

“One of Shattered Memories’ most significant and intriguing additions—your answers actually affect how the game unfolds. And it doesn’t end there. the game “watches” you constantly, and your behavior throughout can determine when you’ll meet certain characters, which scenes you’ll witness, and a variety of other factors.” “In Silent Hill games, the town always gets inside the protagonist’s head,” say Hulett. “But now, it’s getting inside YOUR head.”

“We’re using the Wii Remote to interact directly with the environment, so the puzzles are all based around that idea,” says Hulett. “You’re not just hitting buttons to choose things.” He also notes that the solution to a puzzle is always in the immediate vicinity, and assures us there’s a lot less backtracking then in previous games.”

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”

Blatant April foolage, there. <_<

Konami have been known to spend weeks tweaking the "you tried to open a locked door" noise, as it's the effect you'll hear most.

Blatant April foolage, there. <_<

Konami have been known to spend weeks tweaking the "you tried to open a locked door" noise, as it's the effect you'll hear most.

'tis on IGN now: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/968/968741p1.html

"Details beyond that are sparse, but IGN can confirm that this is in fact not an April Fools joke, and that Shattered Memories is a very real, very anticipated Wii offering from the folks at Konami. As for the Nintendo Power issue, more information has yet to break, though you can expect more news to hit through us very soon, with coverage on Konami's take on Wii's darker side ready to begin."

Colour me excited!

Screens:

scrr1.jpg

SH5.jpg

The writer is called "Our MotorMouth" [sic] in the article's strapline. Isn't that all you need to know?

Oh christ, if it's the same tired "motormouth" he did an article about the independent music retail industry that really got up on my goat.

i get the impression it's that sort of "Mr Angry" type journalism which can raise a chuckle in some people by sounding, like, sooo extreme, but to anyone with a bit of common sense he just sounds like a spoilt "grumpy old men" journalistic twat.

Is journalistic a word? I don't know. But it kinda fits.

More on SH:

http://gonintendo.com/

More Silent Hill Shattered Memories info - no combat!

April 1st, 2009

GoNintendo reader Mar10 emailed us some more information about Silent Hill Shattered Memories, which was announced today. This comes from the latest issue of Nintendo Power.

-Harry is moved using the control stick, the Wii remote is used to aim the flashlight

-When you look at something Harry will vocally respond

-No load times

-The Wii remote acts as your cell phone, and the static noise comes out of the Wii remote speaker

-Combat has been removed from the game, you can only flee

-When the monsters chase you the Z button will allow you to break through doors, climb fences, through windows etc.

• 2 months later...

If Manhunt had a no-weapons mode, it would have been an excellent flee 'em up.

It was terrifying in the early stages before you had weapons which could easily take people down, with people chasing and shouting at you, your in-game heart pumping, the soundtrack flaring up and the radar making you aware of just how much sound you were making by running. It was a bit too easy to get out if it once you'd found a big enough patch of darkness, though.

My Wii wishlist now overfloweth; I've no idea where I'm going to get the time to play these.

Hmm, me too.

Could the Flee'em Up become a new genre? Are there any other examples where all you can do is run away?

The Ashley section in RE4 was pretty much that, although there was one location in which you could throw lamps at foes.

You really felt vulnerable, especially when those suits of armour came marching after you.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I think I've fallen back in love with my Wii and it's all down to sticking a SNES emulator on there. I spent a solid four hours playing ChronoTrigger then just messed about with the main Wii channels. Gonna go out and get a classic controller today, load a few thousand points onto my machine, and maybe even carry on with Super Mario Galaxy.

I gots mah groove back!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...