Exciting Wiitails

The Liberal Elite

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit! I got another email from the nintendo mafia. They thanked me for registering my nintendo product (which I haven't done since the last email) and asked me to click on a link and confirm my email address.

Does anyone else want to check this out before I click the link? I'm expecting something TERRIBLE to happen when I do.

Looks like Nintendo have found out about the free points. Got this e-mail a few hours ago:

I didn't even e-mail them in the first place and there are a few spelling/grammar errors, but the header is valid.

I wish I'd checked this thread again before, ahem, 'celebrating' my birthday today...

:unsure:

Can the Nintendo channel videos be watched anywhere else? It just keeps endlessly buffering on my Wii.
Same here. Useless service. The DS demos seem to work.

It works fine for me and I've only got a modest 2MB connection (edit: or do I mean 20MB? I'm so clueless about these things. It's just a cheapo Tesco package anyway). Could it be a US Wii issue - perhaps you're connecting to a server in the states (or Brazil in John's case!?). That's assuming Jack's isn't a PAL Wii.

On the videos they always refer to the fact that "we've got Celebrity X talking to the Nintendo channel" so I doubt they put them anywhere else. It seems to be a stealth method of getting Ronan Keating fans to connect their Wiis to the internet.

So it seems I neednt have bothered feeling miffed at not recieving the birthday email from Nintendo. It was clearly a way for them to test the moral fibre of those less scrupulous individuals on their membership, and I being the highly respected member of the Peoples Nintendo Party was clearly above suspicion.

I hope the Chairman deals suitably with the rest of you an appropriate term of detention in the mushroom gulag to reflect upon and repent your crimes is the bad tasting but essential medicine these patients require.

I've read this in a few places - some people seem to have no problem, while others have horrendous buffering issues. I'm on a 4Mb BT connection - I live about half a mile from the exchange and, on everything other than my wii, the iPlayer is perfect. It's unusable on the Wii and seems to have been like that since their recent iplayer page update.

Really annoying me as well... I thought it may be that my flash was full (maybe it uses it as a temporary store) - but I've 'emptied my fridge' and to no avail.

:wub:

I've read this in a few places - some people seem to have no problem, while others have horrendous buffering issues. I'm on a 4Mb BT connection - I live about half a mile from the exchange and, on everything other than my wii, the iPlayer is perfect. It's unusable on the Wii and seems to have been like that since their recent iplayer page update.

Really annoying me as well... I thought it may be that my flash was full (maybe it uses it as a temporary store) - but I've 'emptied my fridge' and to no avail.

:wub:

It might be a BT thing. For me, the service has definitely been shit for the last month or so. That's on the PC as well as the Wii and Xbox.

• 1 month later...
Someone really doesn't like the Wii:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle5774171.ece

Has Icycalm been writing for the Times?

I want fantasy on a games console. I want to pick up a plasma rifle at a far-flung outpost of the universe and kick some serious ass. Yes, I’m beyond terrible at it and don’t even get as far as the first checkpoint before I get killed, but, hey, rather that than a game of “recognising matching cartoon people in a crowd”, which is a game someone seriously suggested we should have a go at on the Wii. Well, whoopdy-do. Recognising people, you say? Sounds brilliant. Yeah! Let’s have a go at recognising cartoon people.

Twilight Princess... Metroid... bad journalism? If the author is indeed a "gamer" (what is that these days?), he'd probably realise that the Wii comes with other games that aren't Wii Sports or Wii Play. I'm not a big fan of the Wii and love my 360 a lot lot more at the moment but this article is a trolling lump of rubbish.

And re: the online service - mine is fine at the moment and I'm with BT although I wasn't very good at Mario Kart online the other day - but I blame being still drunk when I woke up on Saturday ;)

Has anyone heard back from Nintendo about the star stealing yet? I sent them another e-mail the other day and the cunts still haven't even replied to confirm that I'm not getting my account back.

I ordered something from the Stars Catalogue about two years ago that just never turned up - I have emailed them once a month since - in total, I've sent 25 emails and I haven't had a single reply - in total I must have bought at least 30 games with points attached so it isn't like I'm a new customer (I feel that I should be a "valued" customer). The whole reward system they created was a decent(ish) idea at the time but the implementation just seems absolutely terrible. I don't bother even scratching off my points cards now as I can't be bothered collecting points for no reason at all.

The writer is called "Our MotorMouth" [sic] in the article's strapline. Isn't that all you need to know?

The other day, for the first time, I had a go on a Nintendo Wii. I fail to see the point of the Wii. I used to think it was stupid. Now, after playing on a friend’s one, I’ve changed my mind. It is, in fact, really stupid.

He's just...you know...making it up. And apparently he's 12, which must come as a blow to Nintendo with them being the kiddie console manufacturers and all.

The best criticism, though, is this:

Playing the Wii is like watching a futuristic Japanese advert in a bar in Blade Runner.

Sounds ace. Where can I get another one?