Exciting Wiitails

The Liberal Elite

I can only assume no one at Nintendo has actually ever heard a real electric guitar? The video demo of it sounds fucking awful. It's like some keyboard from the early 80's that claimed to replicate hundreds of instruments, but in fact, sound like complete shit.

This

Casio_vl-1.jpg

Had a better guitar sound!

I can only assume no one at Nintendo has actually ever heard a real electric guitar? The video demo of it sounds fucking awful. It's like some keyboard from the early 80's that claimed to replicate hundreds of instruments, but in fact, sound like complete shit.

Normally I'm well into Nintendo's pet projects like this. I even like the idea of Wii Music (being a toy rather than a game etc.) but there's no getting around the fact it sounds bloody awful.

It's another mad Japanese advert for Wii Music!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40020.html

I don't know how they managed it, but it actually makes the dog barking advert look appealing.

Is there a music sequencer tacked on to this? There has to be, right? A powerful multitrack sequencer where you can design your own songs to be played back by your family and friends. That might sway me into buying it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/nint...rage-complaints

Nintendo addresses Wii storage complaints

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has said that the company is set to tackle complaints about poor storage options on the Wii console.

From spring 2009, Japanese consumers will be able to download software directly to an SD card, via the Wii Shopping Channel.

"We have to address the console's insufficient memory storage," said Iwata during the company's Autumn press conference, reports Kotaku.

The company has been heavily criticised for a lack of space for downloadable content on the Wii, such as WiiWare games, Virtual Console titles and individual game channels.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said in July the company was looking at the problem with "a sense of urgency".

There's a thought, that would imply that the DSi-Wii connection is a big part of it. Will the DSi let you buy Wiiware games, save them to the DSi SD card, then plug it into the Wii when you get home? That'd be pretty nifty.

That's what was suggested in the DSi thread....

To increase the ratio of Internet-connected Wiis in Japan, Nintendo revealed it's making available a three-minute demo movie with the machine, called "What's Possible With Wii." A specific Wi-Fi adapter will be sold -- we presume a Nintendo-made device.

Confirming my long-held suspicion that very few of the target "casual gamers" get anywhere near the WiiWare shop.

Confirming my long-held suspicion that very few of the target "casual gamers" get anywhere near the WiiWare shop.

They're also offering 500 points to anyone not currently connected and 500 to anyone who helps get someone connected.

They are releasing some cube games with updated wii controls from the sound of it. Pikmin was mentioned and that would be awesome. Presumably it gives them s test bed for messing around with the controls before releasing Pikmin 3. Either way i'm in!

They are releasing some cube games with updated wii controls from the sound of it. Pikmin was mentioned and that would be awesome. Presumably it gives them s test bed for messing around with the controls before releasing Pikmin 3. Either way i'm in!

I don't think they're adding Wii controls, just re-releasing them.

Thats what I thought initially but the IGN preview implies that there will be alterations;

A new series of software is coming out called "Let's Play On Wii," according to Iwata. The series will bring back popular titles like Pikmin that were released on GameCube, but they will adapted for play on Wii. Hopefully this is not the Pikmin 3 Miyamoto referenced at E3 2008.

DK: Jungle Beat was also 4:3 on the GameCube but is widescreen in the above shot which suggests these will be more along the lines of Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition than rebadged GC games.

Edit: I've just put the last of my GC games on eBay, there are clearly Wii versions of the Metroid Prime games coming as well.