IGNORED

Exciting Wiitails

The Liberal Elite

What's the deal with the downloadable updates then? I've heard features such as copying to an SD card aren't there from the start so are non-online types crippled or are Nintendo offering other ways of getting the updates?

There is a bit of paper that says you'll need to go online to update the SD function, so it actually works. But it also mentions games (expected january 2007) will also feature this update.

The wii seems to have totally changed gaming in my household.

Comberman is a hit with my housemate, whereas my fiancee loves all the wiisports games.

Personally, I just love the whole interface, I just wish there was a little more to do, and a bit more to fill up my channels screen!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'm up in Manchester for football as usual. I want to be home with my Wii!

My absolute angel of a girlfriend managed to get the last Wii Play in Ealing GAME today so I'm all kitted out at last too. I think she realised the importance of getting it after we spent hours last night making Miis and doing photos and playing Wii Sports. And Monkeyball. And Red Steel.

And now she's PRACTISING on it while I'm here. I'm gonna have my ass kicked at all of it soon.

Is it just me, or does setting the console to 60hz result in a blurry screen when using the composite cables on an LCD tv? Having to set it to 50hz so its nice and non blurry till some component cables arrive.

60hz is a lower resolution (480i). 50hz is 576i, so if it's an optimised 50hz, that would be the best option, I think.

Why does everyone on Rllmuk bash wireless for gaming? Is Wi-Fi in Europe vastly different from wireless everywhere else due to some sort of broadcasting law?

Because I have to say, I've been on wireless for 2 years and have never had a problem. And that's playing PC FPS's which are certainly a lot more 'twitch' based than any console FPS.

And, making up statistics here, but I'm pretty sure most 'hardcore' net users/PC gamers would be on wireless by now and I've never heard any complaints until I read rllmuk.

Why does everyone on Rllmuk bash wireless for gaming? Is Wi-Fi in Europe vastly different from wireless everywhere else due to some sort of broadcasting law?

Because I have to say, I've been on wireless for 2 years and have never had a problem. And that's playing PC FPS's which are certainly a lot more 'twitch' based than any console FPS.

And, making up statistics here, but I'm pretty sure most 'hardcore' net users/PC gamers would be on wireless by now and I've never heard any complaints until I read rllmuk.

.::: They are all idiots. :( Went wireless last year, and never had any problems.

I bought a classic controller but I have a GC pad and two Wavebirds. Did I actually need the Classic pad?

.::: Yes, if you're playing SNES style Y-B control platformers and want to play without any fuss. For B-A control platformers the GC pads are fine.

I had a shite moment last night....When trying to have a quick go on some VC games, it wouldn't recognise my Classic Controller and BOTH of my remotes stopped responding. I'd try any of the buttons and I'd just get the four flashing lights.

The problem was solved my removing and reinserting the batteries but....that was very[/i[ worrying for a couple of minutes.

I had a shite moment last night....When trying to have a quick go on some VC games, it wouldn't recognise my Classic Controller and BOTH of my remotes stopped responding. I'd try any of the buttons and I'd just get the four flashing lights.

The problem was solved my removing and reinserting the batteries but....that was very[/i[ worrying for a couple of minutes.

I was getting that a lot. The batteries can come loose in the remote during frantic boxing matches. I've remedied it by putting a small piece of corrugated card into the compartment between the batteries and the cover, so they've no room to move.

Yeah my mate's machine crashed a few times when switch between games via the Wii menu. I'm sure you don't have to unplug the console to fix it tho, just press n hold the power switch to force it to power down.

.::: Had the Mii Channel crashing after exiting to the Wii Menu. For those also experiencing this, do not pull the plug on the console! Hold the Power button on the console itself down for a few seconds and it'll turn off (red power-light). You can then turn it on normally again.

.::: Had the Mii Channel crashing after exiting to the Wii Menu. For those also experiencing this, do not pull the plug on the console! Hold the Power button on the console itself down for a few seconds and it'll turn off (red power-light). You can then turn it on normally again.

Cheers - shame I had already pulled the plug to fix that problem. Do you know what harm can be caused by pulling the plug?

Cheers - shame I had already pulled the plug to fix that problem. Do you know what harm can be caused by pulling the plug?

.::: Don't know what exactly, but pulling the plug on an active system can never be a positive thing. You can brick an Xbox 360 with this kind of behaviour, though.

It's a bit dumb that if you want to attach a Mii to a Adress Book contact, you can't see the Mii names. Now I got a lot of Mii's running around and I don't really feel like swapping between messaging and the Mii channel all the time just to see which face goes with which name.

.::: Yeah I didn't get that as well. Rather annoying. Even more annoying is that once attached you can't remove a Mii face in the Address Book. Making mistakes rather permanent (if there isn't a correct Mii anyway).

got ours yesterday through preorder from hmv with zelda, nfs carbon, extra controller and it has to be said it's mostly been "sports" and the mii creation thing that my little sisters been fiddling about with the most.

our immediate family is done, now other relatives.

in other news; the wiis...actually okay?! shock horrors.

got ours yesterday through preorder from hmv with zelda, nfs carbon, extra controller and it has to be said it's mostly been "sports" and the mii creation thing that my little sisters been fiddling about with the most.

our immediate family is done, now other relatives.

in other news; the wiis...actually okay?! shock horrors.

What's NFS like?

What's NFS like?

i'm assuming your not aksing re: the graphics, 'cause its crappier than the ps2 version, but everything else seems to be there, whatever little nfs games provide that is.

the steering with the remote where you hold it like a traditional pad and make steering motions is pretty neat though. that said i am taking quiet awhile adjusting to this new control system, i dont know if ours are faulty or whether the settings too sensitive or what.

it'll come, i'm not touching zelda till i'm comfortable with it.