rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

Exciting Wiitails

From what I'd read elsewhere this is a worldwide date. I don't understand the logic of Nintendo wanting to release after the PS3 in the US and Japan. Is this just a UK date and are other regions getting it a few weeks earlier?

if i buy a USA Machine ( lets face it, all my Cube games are USA ) will the online functions work okay do you think?

I want to know that too...

My MCV's at home, you wanna give us some more info?

well, they use the word 'anticipated' for the 'strongly suggested' launch price. so that's a bit suss. but there's no sign of the word 'rumour' anywhere else, but 'senior US insiders' say it will be launching in time for Thanksgiving in the US with us getting it the next day. And there will be plenty for all. whic is nice.

too many quote marks. ^_^

From what I'd read elsewhere this is a worldwide date. I don't understand the logic of Nintendo wanting to release after the PS3 in the US and Japan. Is this just a UK date and are other regions getting it a few weeks earlier?

Why not release after? Sony are only gonna have 100,000 in Japan and 400,000 in the states. If they can get loads of Wiis in there then they stand to sell a fair few of them off the back of Sony's shortage, I reckon.

.::: Not to be ungrateful, but is a scan possible? After so many possible dates, it's a bit hard to just accept it as is.

well, they use the word 'anticipated' for the 'strongly suggested' launch price. so that's a bit suss. but there's no sign of the word 'rumour' anywhere else, but 'senior US insiders' say it will be launching in time for Thanksgiving in the US with us getting it the next day. And there will be plenty for all. whic is nice.

too many quote marks. ^_^

They've always said it would be out before Thanksgiving, that was more or less the earliest indication of the actual release they ever gave. I'm not going to trust anything until next week, there's no point.

lets see.. an import machine should be about 250 quid with one game?

More like £150 if you can get away with not paying import tax. It's been officially announced at $200 in the US hasn't it?

Mind you, at those kind of prices I can risk getting an Import machine!

lets see.. an import machine should be about 250 quid with one game?

What's the point?

With the vast majoity of games releasing concurrently or soon after the US now and PAL conversions much improved (or simply irrelevent for HD users), why bother?

.::: Not to be ungrateful, but is a scan possible? After so many possible dates, it's a bit hard to just accept it as is.

What more information could you possibly get from a scan? MCV have taken an educated guess at a price and date, and whilst they are fairly likely to be close to the truth, it's by no means an official confirmation.

More like £150 if you can get away with not paying import tax. It's been officially announced at $200 in the US hasn't it?

No. All NOA have said is that it won't cost more than $250.

What more information could you possibly get from a scan? MCV have taken an educated guess at a price and date, and whilst they are fairly likely to be close to the truth, it's by no means an official confirmation.

actually, yeah. Plus, it's too much effort. take my word for it! or theirs.

.::: Confirmation. No matter what it confirms. Else it'll only degenerate into rumour and possibly much worse things.

.::: Confirmation. No matter what it confirms. Else it'll only degenerate into rumour and possibly much worse things.

Rumours about what? "OH MY GOD, I heard that the article confirms projector under the flap! IF ONLY WE HAD A SCAN TO PROVE IT!". I think we can trust Duncan enough to not be pretending that MCV have guessed the launch information.

What more information could you possibly get from a scan?

Maybe the actual words used?

I'll go and get a scan now.

What's the point?

Like I said, I have around 30 gamecube games that are all NTSC. I haven't even opened half of them! ( stuff like Paper Mario and Metroid 2 )

so it makes sense to get an import version ( initially )

This sounds good if it's true - they could get the Japanese and North American releases at the start of the week, and Europe gets is traditional Friday games sesh. Imagine the international excitement!

Rumours about what? "OH MY GOD, I heard that the article confirms projector under the flap! IF ONLY WE HAD A SCAN TO PROVE IT!". I think we can trust Duncan enough to not be pretending that MCV have guessed the launch information.

.::: Confirmation either way. Considering the title and the first post that might be rather handy.