rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
PopeSmokesDope

Wii Pre Order Websites/Locations

Thought that this might be a good idea. Seeing as just about every man and his dog is dying to get their grubby little mits on one of these bitches, how about we create a sticky where we can track where Pre-Orders are available, and nearer the time, which retailers actually have stock in?

UK Retailers

HMV From Sept 18th

Gamestation Here

Argos Registering pre interest now

Comet Holding page at the moment

Amazon Register pre interest now

Play Pre Order now

USA Retailers

Japan Retailers

If it's like the Xbox 360, once the date and price are announced, every site and shop under the sun will post pre-orders almost immediately.

Of course, whether they'll get enough stock to honour that pre-order is another matter altogether.

Here in Ireland, Smyths Toys have been doing Wii pre orders since a couple of days after the name was revealed.

Whilst not of any direct use for 99 percent of the forum, it's interesting to note the major gaming chain in Belgium (Gamemania) has had the Wii for pre-order for many months now, with the store being pretty well stocked in professional looking Wii flyers and posters. I had to lay down €50, which gets me €5 off the first game I buy for it, and some free tickets to a theme park.

I was told not to expect a midnight opening though (miserable sods :huh: ), and they said that pre-orders were going really well, so that's good news.

it looks like nintendo is holding a press conference on sep 14/15 in japan, the states and the uk which should provide the release date and pricing information that we are all waiting for.

Next week is going to be amazing for announcements. We have Apple and their "we're definitely releasing some cool new stuff this time" on the 12th, then Wii stuff 2 days later, followed by concrete PS3 news soon after at TGS. I can sense the Christmas kid feeling in me building up!

But then it's the start of uni a week later, so all goes to pot :)

I really hope Nintendo aren't going to stiff Europe. I don't fancy having to wait until well into 2007 before I can get one like I did with the 360.

That depends on if Nintendo are going to use region coding though. I don't want to have to import all my games from 'cross the big water.

I reckon it'd be cheap enough that you could then buy a PAL machine as well ... :)

I reckon it'd be cheap enough that you could then buy a PAL machine as well ... :D

I could write PS3 on the side of the spare one and pretend I just blew my savings :)

Any news on how import friendly the Wii will be? Any chance of a US machine not logging on to the European servers or something?

How about colours, are they really doing all those different colours? I need to know these things!

I really hope Nintendo aren't going to stiff Europe. I don't fancy having to wait until well into 2007 before I can get one like I did with the 360.

Datel will probably have the Wiiloader under way as soon as they get their hands on the console.

Why? Seriously.

They stressed over the phone and by email that pre-orders would be dealt with on a first come, first served basis, and that my pre-order of a 360 would certainly be within their stocks and I should expect it on the release day, as did several other people on this forum. It later transpired that the units were being alloted either totally randomly, or worse still by what you had spent with Play over the years. You then had the situation where people who ordered the day they announced their official pre-orders going empty handed, and some people who ordered the day before having theirs fulfilled. There was no-one to speak to on the phones, and they never did respond to emails. The expected date for delivery then went back a week for every day that went past and then finally settled on 'March 2006' or something equally stupid.

It wasn't so much the fact they couldn't fill the orders; we're all adults and can deal with disapointment, it was more the fact that they misled you into thinking they could so you either didn't order elsewhere or cancel your game orders. I had Perfect Dark and Project Gotham turn up and they wouldn't accept it was their fault so I had to lose the money for postage, which admittadely was only about £4 but it's enough for me not to use them again.

They stressed over the phone and by email that pre-orders would be dealt with on a first come, first served basis, and that my pre-order of a 360 would certainly be within their stocks and I should expect it on the release day, as did several other people on this forum. It later transpired that the units were being alloted either totally randomly, or worse still by what you had spent with Play over the years. You then had the situation where people who ordered the day they announced their official pre-orders going empty handed, and some people who ordered the day before having theirs fulfilled. There was no-one to speak to on the phones, and they never did respond to emails. The expected date for delivery then went back a week for every day that went past and then finally settled on 'March 2006' or something equally stupid.

It wasn't so much the fact they couldn't fill the orders; we're all adults and can deal with disapointment, it was more the fact that they misled you into thinking they could so you either didn't order elsewhere or cancel your game orders. I had Perfect Dark and Project Gotham turn up and they wouldn't accept it was their fault so I had to lose the money for postage, which admittadely was only about £4 but it's enough for me not to use them again.

Wow, that's shit. Did they ever apologise or exaplin why people who had pre-ordered on the first day didn't get one? How do we know they were prioritising those who spent more?

Wow, that's shit. Did they ever apologise or exaplin why people who had pre-ordered on the first day didn't get one? How do we know they were prioritising those who spent more?

Well I didn't get anything, but I think Steve007 got a reasonably snotty email from them if memory serves. The prioritising by money spent thing was from another forum from someone who worked at Play, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt, but it would explain a lot. I just got one from Gameplay who were exceptional as usual and then never used Play again.

Well I didn't get anything, but I think Steve007 got a reasonably snotty email from them if memory serves. The prioritising by money spent thing was from another forum from someone who worked at Play, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt, but it would explain a lot. I just got one from Gameplay who were exceptional as usual and then never used Play again.

Nope, its totally true. Mate of mine works for them and even he didnt get his 360 until 2 weeks after launch and then only after moaning. It may have even be him who originally posted that on another forum. I recall him having a 'chat' with his boss not long after that info was leaked.

All I can say is don't use Play, I cannot stress that enough.

i second, third and fourth that.

pre-ordered my 360 last May. Was told on launch day that i wouldn't be getting one as despite all their previous emails they had abandoned the pre-order system. so people were getting them who had ordered two days previous, yet i who had been waiting for six months was told sorry nothing we can do.

haven't ordered from play since. total muppets.

My 360 pre-order from Argos went tits up much like the Play orders. They said it was guaranteed on launch day, but it never turned up. Eventually I managed to speak to someone, they said mine would come through in the next shipment which I was told would be one week.

They sent me a £10 quid voucher, and I waited. When it never turned up on the date they said, I rang and they said I should not have been promised one, as they had no idea when more shipments were arriving.

So, I told them to eff off and got a refund. Then I bought one off ebay :P

So, in my experience, don't pre-order from Argos.

Gameplay are the way to go.

What I will say is this:

Place one pre-order.

I swear to God, it's the crazy panic generated by forums like this one that cause much of the heartbreak.

All I can say is don't use Play, I cannot stress that enough.

Dont use GAME online either.

Firstly, they send you emails to wind you up 'CONGRATULATIONS' the first email read. 'You will get an Xbox 360 on launch day you LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY PERSON!.

Then the second one comes 'Hey, you lucky lucky person, you are still gona get an xbox 360 on launch, but if you ordered after such and such a date you wont'.

Then the 3rd 'Hey, ummm you wont get on one launch, sorry bye.'

Then the 4th 'Hey the xbox 360 is so great, we love playing ours, even though you wont get your on launch, buy all your stuff from us!.

Then the 5th 'Hey, as you missed out guess what special thing we're gona do for you, nope we wont tell you when you can expect your 360, but as you missed out we will email you when we know we can send you one, and also let you choose a special bundel pack before anyone else. That means you can buy the console with such games as King Kong and Tony hawks, you cant buy the system on its own though!'

6th email 'Hey everyone has their 360 now, well we all do, its lovely, i got 5, ones going on ebay! But umm you, errr we'll get it to you by march 2006.

Thats when a quick look on the Argos website 3 days after launch meant i could buy it and have it delievered 2 days later. And they came through.

Argos were TOP NOTCH in that respect, wether id use them though im not sure. I think i'll order in a store this time rather than online.

Never pre ordered for a console before but from what ive read on here dont use PLAY or GAME but gameplay so will probably order mine from there. I didnt plan on getting a Wii but with the PS3 being delayed im getting a Wii and then saving up for a PS3 <_<

What I will say is this:

Place one pre-order.

I swear to God, it's the crazy panic generated by forums like this one that cause much of the heartbreak.

Wise words, but they'll probably go ignored by the few who most likely will snap up the majority of the stock to their personal advantage. After all, nothing makes money like depriving others.

im going to gamestation on day one i think. they let me down for a 360 but i dont care really, i think they done it all fairly.

Wise words, but they'll probably go ignored by the few who most likely will snap up the majority of the stock to their personal advantage. After all, nothing makes money like depriving others.

To be fair, though, there were some good lads on this forum who offered a 360 at cost to those who went without.