Great Gaming Ringtones

One of the Loco Roco songs as my ringtone. I didnt know you could allocate an MP3 for text alerts, interesting!

Just had a quick look and its not obvious. Can you do this on a k800i?

Yes! I only figured it out this weekend myself, but select the sound then press the more button, then use as then go to message alert :)

The Zelda `reveal secret passageway` noise is the best message tone ever. It sounds fantastic even if you have no idea what the game is (I used to have it on my old Nokia 8310 and when I gave it to my sister she loved it though she didn`t know what it was). But all these new phones with their mp3 ringtones and what have you don`t have a piercing enough noise for it to sound as good as the old nokias.

I have the sound of me unwrapping an N64 for my message alert tone and the sound of Guile's (from Streetfighter2) Heavy Punch not connecting with anything over and over and over and over again for my ringtone.

I'm still waiting to give a knowing look to someone who recognises the sounds.

I used to have that victory jingle from final fantasy games a few years back, it was quite impressive for the time as it was before polyphonic ring tones but the midi file sounded awsome anyways.

I'm still using the standard o2 ringtone atm, haven't ever botherd changing it.

My phone says 'Pikmin' when I get a text. It's brilliant.

Oh my gosh.

Link. PLEASE.

EDIT: My SMS tone used to be a Ken 'shoryuuuuken!' from SFII but people in the office used to get a bit freaked out by it. Now I have the iconic 'da-da-da-duh-da-da! duhhh' (lovely description, there) from Super Mario Bros. But fuck me, I really want that Pikmin one now. I'm setting up the GC tonight, then.

My message tone is the extra life jingle from Sonic 2.

Ringtones vary depending on who's ringing, but they include the Starlight Zone, the stronger part of the intro to the Wind Waker, and, best of all, the theme from the rug ride level in Aladdin on the Mega Drive.

I used to have the GTA ringtone on mine- Rockstar stuck it up for free download on their website just before Vice city came out. Lost it now though.

I just upgraded to a V3i this weekend, so all manner of amusing stuff is going on now. I'm going to put the MGS Codec noise on as my text alert tone, and scour the Resi 4 soundfiles for some amusing noises to bind to certain numbers...

I used to have the GTA ringtone on mine- Rockstar stuck it up for free download on their website just before Vice city came out. Lost it now though.

I used to have ecactly the same, and have lost it also. Dont suppose anyone has a decent GTA do they? There are some crappy Midi ones kicking about, but if anyone has a wav or mp3 that would be most excellent.

I have the sailing music from Wind Waker as my ringtone at the moment. But will be getting replaced by a louder tone soon as I keep missing calls.

I noticed the Nintendo Stars Catalogue has a bunch of mobile tunes in there. Some of them are pretty decent too.