The Dance Music Recommendations Thread

Boyatsea

I don't suppose anyone else was lucky enough to have caught one of Theo Parrish's gigs with his live band, Teddy's Get Down? I saw their show in Glasgow the other night and was simply blown away. It immediately goes into my top 3 or 4 gigs that I've ever seen. And I don't say that lightly. Indeed, I was completely stone cold sober. Despite that, I was dancing like his lunatic "backing" dancers well before the end of the night. The place was absolutely jumping.

Here's a video of their night in Madrid:

JUST LOOK AT THAT SHIT.

INCREDIBLE! :omg:

Jack 'N' Chill - The Jack That House Built 1988

At first I was like "it's just a rehash of Steve 'Silk' Hurley's Jack Your Body", but it's actually really fucking good. A lot more layers than Hurley's effort, and plenty of balearic melodies over the jackin' beats.

Jack 'N' Chill - The Jack That House Built 1988

At first I was like "it's just a rehash of Steve 'Silk' Hurley's Jack Your Body", but it's actually really fucking good. A lot more layers than Hurley's effort, and plenty of balearic melodies over the jackin' beats.

Always reminded me of Amiga music, like off Lotus Turbo Challenge or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought some of you guys might be interested to know I have a new track coming out next week. It features on Dirt Crews Deep Love 10 compilation. Here's a preview of the track in question if anyone wants to have a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/dirt-crew/schmutz-sc?in=dirt-crew/sets/deep-love-10

The rest of the compilation features some cracking music as well. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shameless promotion here but, my mate Mr G has just dropped an album, the first on his own label. Currently album of the month on Future Music and DMC and getting great reviews across the board.

Here is the sleeve (designed by myself) that is currently flying out of the shops:

mrg.jpg

Here he is mashing it up at Sonar last year so you can get an idea of the sound:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My 2014 Trance Megamix :)

The blurb:

Here is my 2014 Year Mix! This is my 6th year of creating these year mixes, or end of year countdown's as some call them, so I've decided to change it up a bit and create my first ever Mega Mix.

Usually with my DJ sets I'd fit anything from 10 to 14 tracks in per hour. In this mix, there is over 30 tracks per hour. I originally started work on this mix in early November, and it's been a labour of love ever since. Each track has been edited, every key has been checked, no corners have been cut. At various points there is some '4 Deck' mixing going on, it's a complex breast that's for sure.

I really am proud of this mix, I've been DJ'ing now for over 15 years, ever since I first spun vinyl on some belt drive turntables. For those friends and followers here on Soundcloud who are into trance, I hope you all get a chance to listen to this.

I'll put the full track list up around New Years, but for now, the artists featured include:

Bryan Kearney, Indecent Noise, Paul Oakenfold, Armin van Buuren, Aly & Fila, Standerwick, Simon Patterson, John Askew, Giuseppe Ottaviani, John O’Callaghan, Will Atkinson, James Dymond, Activa, Alex M.O.R.P.H, Photographer, Sneijder, Mark Sherry, Adam Ellis, Angry Man, Darren Porter, Daniel Skyver, Lostly, Peetu S, Orkidea, Harmonic Rush, Neelix, Liquid Soul, Ticon and many more.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...