July 04

June 04

May 04

April 04

March 04

February 04

Miscellaneous Classic Material From the Forum's Crates

The Perfect CD for a Hip-Hop Virgin

Recommend Me Some Classic... Hip-Hop! (focusing on Golden Era late 80s/early 90s classics)

Recommend Me Some Modern... Hip-Hop! (mid 90s til the modern era)

Common - Like Water For Chocolate... and 'conscious' hip-hop (recommending jazzier, smoother, socio-political stuff rather than gangsta/street LPs)

Links

www.suspect-packages.co.uk

www.scenariorecords.com

www.rootdownrecords.com

www.rapandsoulmailorder.com

www.juno.co.uk

www.picadillyrecords.com

www.turntablelab.com

www.hiphopsite.com

www.ukhh.com

www.skratch-alienz.com

www.sandboxautomatic.com

www.daybydayent.com

www.thegiantpeach.com

www.hiphop-blogs.com/hiphop/

www.digitalgravel.com

Four Elements (old-skool videos)

http://www.hiphopgame.co.uk/audio.php

Recommended Radio Shows

XFM – 11pm-1am Saturdays

Beats FM – 9pm-11pm Saturdays

Hiphopphilosophy.com 24/7 hip hop radio

WeFunk Radio

Recommended Internet TV shows

The Breakdown (Yo Mtv Raps mix of interviews and videos)

New Stuff appearing in September

CL Smooth - American Me 19/9/06

Americanme.jpg

Producers :

Heatmakerz

Kay Gee

Tramp

Mike Lowe

Squarta

Jedi Mind Tricks - Servents In Heaven, Kings In Hell 19/9/06

BBG1002CD.jpg

feat. ILL Bill, Sean Price, R.A. The Rugged Man, Chief Kamachi & Reef The Lost Cauze

Lord Finesse - Rare & Unreleased 19/9/06

UBE10CD.jpg

The Legendary M.C., Producer, and DJ, Lord Finesse, brings you his most sought after and hard to find productions and features. “Rare And Unreleased” is a must have for any Lord Finesse and true school enthusiast. 12” only cuts, unreleased songs, and original demo versions are all finally available in digital CD quality with full color artwork.

Uploads

Tim Dog feat Ultramagnetic MCs - Mind Games

Hijack - Style Wars

Mood(Main Flow) - Karma M4a

Jedi Mind Tricks feat.Shara Worden - Razorblade Salvation

The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By (Brixton Flavour)

Videos

The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By

De La Soul - Breakadawn

Kool Keith - Livin' Astro

Word is there is a "very very surprise" guest performer at the ghostface show in nottingham next month. Also "maybe a little controversial". Who could it be?

Those fucking dirty bints that he did a shit tune with, UK girl group, can't remember their name.

Those fucking dirty bints that he did a shit tune with, UK girl group, can't remember their name.

Oh shit yeah, I remember them, "The 411". How odd was that, having Ghostface on their first single and shit? I bet even Ghost was saying "WHAT THE 411, HUN?"

Oh shit yeah, I remember them, "The 411". How odd was that, having Ghostface on their first single and shit? I bet even Ghost was saying "WHAT THE 411, HUN?"

He was face fucking them all, blatently. I mean come on man, absolute nobody, melon head slags from the UK...... and Ghostface fucking Killah.

Word is there is a "very very surprise" guest performer at the ghostface show in nottingham next month. Also "maybe a little controversial". Who could it be?

Adolf Hitler.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for MC Miker G and DJ Sven. Failing that, Morris Minor and the Majors.

Going by what esar had to say about Ghostface's last UK appearance, don't be surprised if the guest performer is RZA, and the controversy is him being pissed up.

:o I don't give a shit, my tickets are ordered, the train is booked, just need a B&B to crash at now and the I'm off to see Ghostface Killaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!! :P

As you can see, i'm excited. :P

Maybe it's Daz Sampson?

"YO GHOST, WHAT DID YOU LEARN IN SCHOOL TODAY? THATS WHAT THE TEACHERS USED TO SAY..."

"YO I NEVER WENT TO SCHOOL JUST BUSTED GUNS AND WORE MY WALLIES, DAZ SAMPSON AND GHOSTFACE KILLAH GET VICIOUS LIKE BORDER COLLIES"

Especially when you consider I'm seeing Public Enemy that night in Glasgow. Unless they get me via satellite. In which case, the controversy is simply a video of this pissed up Glaswegian stumbling about, screaming lyrics and falling over.

Can someone recommend some Aesop Rock? I picked up Fast Cars, Danger, Fire and Knives recently before being a little disappointed that it was an EP instead of a fully blown album (especially at £13, WTFHMV) but was pleasently surprised on what was on it.

jljcover.jpg

Jay Love Japan is really good. Much better than the Shining.

Judging by the promo I'd have to disagree.

Not at all a fan of the emcees or the lack of Dilla himself on the mic.

Still, I reserve proper judgment until hearing the real thing, which I assume you have.