Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

Just played this for the first time a few days ago, and it's incredible!

Loved the 1st Bad Company but this is easily the best online experience I've ever had. Helicopters whizzing around, tanks etc etc. So Immersive, I prefer it even to BF2 which I played to death.

If anyone fancies a game, please add me. RSimmy on XBox Live.

I'm probably late with this but I only just discovered the awesomeness of the M14 + Magnum ammo. Two bullets to the chest for a kill, easy to do even over bigger distances with the accuracy and rate of fire of that thing. Two bullets. It's a good thing it has a clip size of only 10, otherwise it would be way overpowered.

Added. Should be on at some point this weekend, so I'll chuck you an invite.

Cheers man, I'm truly addicted to it.

Just a quick question... how long does it take to get 4x sight and things like that? I'm private II right now.

Just a quick question... how long does it take to get 4x sight and things like that? I'm private II right now.

Some unlocks (including scopes) are tied to the classes rather than global, so you need to unlock them for each class. You can see how close you are here: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/RSimmy/#progress

I don't think scopes are that important personally. I got used to going without them in Vietnam and now I never use them in BC2, as I think there are more useful perks.

Done.

I don't think scopes are that important personally. I got used to going without them in Vietnam and now I never use them in BC2, as I think there are more useful perks.

Agreed. Attaching a scope is a waste of a perk.

What's the teabag one all about?

I thought they were dogtags at first. Either way, I'm guessing it's "make sure someone doesn't sneak up on you and knife you" but it's a bit tenuous. :unsure:

On that topic, having played a reasonable amount of Halo I used to hate seeing teabagging. But when I see it occasionally in BC2 I find it quite funny. It's usually when someone really has got one over on me.

I only realised last night how I equip my perks. Have been playing up to level 6 or 7 with no perks whatsoever. :facepalm:

I love playing with Kerraig and crew because I can largely play the spotter role almost exclusively. When defending, I was sitting forward of the position calling out and spotting enemy activity. knowing the enemy whereabouts is such a big factor in battlefield. It is a great exercise in value of comms.

Found on the Battlefield Facebook page, I like the last one!

Edit, more: http://www.dontrevivemebro.com/blog/2011/03/21/for-fun-jimmac-war-propaganda-posters/

beepk.png

Very true. whenever possible, I will pick up a downed recon's kit when playing as another class to use their mortar, sniper rifle and motion mines before switching back and moving on (nothing like killing the enemy with their own gear). The majority of the time the downed recons are still carrying three motion mines, which even randomly chucked can be a great benefit to the team.

Motion mines - use them fool!

I was trying to join on your side last night you git, you killed me loads, as did Kerrraig. I nailed him with the UAV sweet though, and I think you found the wrong end of my Neostead a few times.

Ahahaha I remember that UAV kill. Pissed me off good n proper.

I seem to have difficulty shooting down UAVs sometimes, do you need to aim significantly above them as you are shooting upwards?

I tend to get them dead centre of my crosshairs. I find bullet drop only really affects the sniper rifle ranges (the link to the bullet drop chart is elsewhere in this thread, right?) and I haven't noticed that it varies with the angle that you fire.

That being said, I definitely have more success with some weapons than others so spread might be an issue?

beepk.png

Very true. whenever possible, I will pick up a downed recon's kit when playing as another class to use their mortar, sniper rifle and motion mines before switching back and moving on (nothing like killing the enemy with their own gear). The majority of the time the downed recons are still carrying three motion mines, which even randomly chucked can be a great benefit to the team.

Motion mines - use them fool!

o/\o

I once racked up 30 motion mine assists on Cold War on offence, on the dense maps especially keeping the commonly used pathways covered with them is incredibly beneficial. Recon with a G3 and mortars has become my class of choice for those environments, Motion mines and "Danger Close" fire missions :D

I am amazed at the long range accuracy of the default medic gun. I've not used it properly before. I sniped someone on the other side of the map earlier. I could hardly see them but had the orange triangle and took them down. Stupid really.

Just played this for the first time a few days ago, and it's incredible!

Loved the 1st Bad Company but this is easily the best online experience I've ever had. Helicopters whizzing around, tanks etc etc. So Immersive, I prefer it even to BF2 which I played to death.

+1'd you for this as it made me feel good. I love this game so much, have done since the beta, it's pure non-stop amaze.

I've added you and I still play :)

I shall soon receive the vanilla version of this for ze 360. Is it still a thriving community? Any 'Mukkers playing? And will the lack of those few extra maps everyone got on release day (or whoever bought an original copy if I'm not mistaken) hamper the experience?