Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

Due to the stats issues last night I loaded up BF 1943 for the first time in ages, and it was really good fun. Five flag conquest on maps designed for the purpose is great, and I had no trouble finding a full server.

I think I might pick it up again as it compliments BC2 nicely. Anyone here still play it regularly? (Besides mikebRG of course, and nequest who I played a few rounds with last night).

It was nice to see someone else still playing. I've only got back into it because my mate's finally bought a 360 and wanted to play online, but I'm suddenly as addicted as I was first time around.

Kept having lag issues last night, mind.

If it is as good as BC2 I could be tempted to get hold of a copy.

I've got a download code for it if you want. Or if you don't want it someone else here can have it. It came with the VIP pack but I've already got 1943 so it's only going to waste.

I've got a download code for it if you want. Or if you don't want it someone else here can have it. It came with the VIP pack but I've already got 1943 so it's only going to waste.

That would be mighty generous if you could. Let me know if you want any money for it.

Mine did after a couple of games, while still ingame. It's all server side, you'll never lose your rank permanently or anything.

Only picked this up a few weeks ago, and was actually quite surprised this (and, on a lesser note, the "YOUR TEAM LOST" when you won, and vice versa) is still unfixed.

Even so, superb game, most fun I've had playing online in ages.

I enjoyed it, and still dip in from time to time. It does play very differently from vanilla BC2, in that it lacks some of the indirect methods of achieving objectives (UAVs, tracers, motion sensors, smoke grenades, etc) and focuses solely on weaponry. Inevitably there arechokepoints, and getting spawn killed is something of a regularity when you are being dominated. The style of play is noticably different, and not in a bad way. It is simply a different style of play for the same game. With better music and flamethrowers.

..With better music...

There are loads of tracks, but they play the same one over and over on the menu screens - a two-minute hippy protest song on perpetual loop. Maybe it's a way of encouraging players to jump into a game rather than look at their stats.

Damn you, Creedence Clearwater Revival. I would draft you and drop you behind enemy lines, you pinko commie bastards.

Really enjoying this now.

I tend to sack off the mic as I basically have no idea what people are saying with all this "Rush left round the two storey" business and have now settled into a routine of running around with my chest buzzers being people back to life with accompanying Abyss style "Don't you goddamn die on me!" internal monologues.

I also had a bit of fun with the Recon equipped with C4 and a shotgun. The shotgun seems to be able to kill people from miles away.

Also whats the scoop on shooting? Is it ever worth shooting without using LT if it's point blank or something? Sometimes it feels like I empty an awful lot of bullets into people and still get popped. Should I be looking for headshots all the time Counter Strike style?

Really want that Magnum Ammo that everyone seems to have.

I always play as engineer and apart from "sniping" with the Carl Gustav most of my kills are at fairly close range and I get a lot of them by reaction firing from the hip. I think all the SMG's are pretty good for hip firing.

Top games last night lads :)

Sorry if my mate and I were useless on 1943 last night. We were dicking about a bit.

Interesting games on Vietnam the other night, too. That game where we were all running around out of bounds reviving each other was hilarious.

Holy shit those games last night were amazing.

We had about 10 players, and because we were working together we were just steamrolling everyone. So much so that it was almost impossible to get a full game cos everyone would just quit. BFBC2 is at its best when the teams are matched so 'my crew' switched sides, and played against Mega Drives crew.

Now if anyone here has played with Mega Drive II and POWER5 they'll know that they are damn good players. Mikeb, and I formed our squad with some other mates and the next few rounds were just intense. Constant pressure from those guys, knowing they had a respawner hiding somewhere, and watching the flanks cos we knew they'd be sneaking round. Making sure the vads was taken out before putting the chopper in the air, deforesting so they had nowhere to hide etc. And of course they did all the same things back.

There really is NOTHING that can touch this game for pure combat action awesomeness. Its so telling that the blops thread is full of conversation about bad connections, shitty spawns and unbalanced perks, while this thread is just filled with joy.

• 2 weeks later...

I played this last night, for the first time since my brief dalliance with CODBLOPS. It's magnitudes of greatness beyond COD, which I'd kind of forgotten the extent of. I'm pretty crappy at shooters, but this is a far less frustrating experience than COD, for the crap to middling player. So many more ways to contribute to the effort etc.

It just produces great moment to moment action. I feel myself getting sucked back in.

I'm pretty crappy at shooters, but this is a far less frustrating experience than COD, for the crap to middling player. So many more ways to contribute to the effort etc.

Amen to that. I'm probably the worst level 50 player around on BC2 if my K/D stats are anything to go to but I'm still finding different strategies and things to do in the game - it's the game that keeps on giving even if you're distinctly just 'OK' ;)