Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

Random question, my nephew got a copy of this recently and we were playing last night, he couldn't join my games on the newer VIP stuff so I told him to put his VIP code in and D/L the enormous patches.

I told him the VIP code came on the back of the manual, did it come on a seperate card?

Random question, my nephew got a copy of this recently and we were playing last night, he couldn't join my games on the newer VIP stuff so I told him to put his VIP code in and D/L the enormous patches.

I told him the VIP code came on the back of the manual, did it come on a seperate card?

I just bought it (again) on the PS3 (in addition to 360) and it's a card. Because I've previously had it installed that VIP codes not been touched. Natch this will be allocated to a PS3 rather than 360 code. But if he cant find it PM me and we can give it a go.

Nah he said he had it, I quizzed whether my Bro had bought him a second hand copy and he came on the mic and asked me if i thought he was some kind of skank. :lol:

I told him that the patches were at least 3GB so he should set it downloading during the day. i mean, map pack 7 was 2.6 on it's own was it not?

Has anyone else noticed the games are a lot fuller recently? We tried to get 2 squads in a game the other night (one 3 man, one 2 man) but when we could never get the 5th person in because they were rammed. I've not seen a game proper full in ages. Tetchy thinks they've shut some of the servers down, probably to get ready for the BF3 beta but I don't know. Any one know anything about it?

they said the servers were buggered a few weaks ago. Theyve fixed em now and its been full games ever since

Certainly been busy recently, but I think it may just be fewer, more concentrated games rather than than more players. Every game I have played recently has had about half a dozen Lvl 50ers running around, very few lower level players.

That said, Lvl 50 does not seem to translate to improved skill. High level players still make the most basic errors like never spotting, not disarming M-Coms and blindly driving tanks through popular mine-spots.

Those videos are brilliant, proof if needed that Battlefield would be a great game for a theatre mode. The sandbox nature of the game would make it a great addition.

What's the best way to learn how to fly the fuckers? Since the game came out I've only really played Squad Deathmatch (I know, I know). I mean I can't set up a lan game and just fanny about on my own can I?

If you have the onslaught DLC you can fly an apache on Atacama Desert. And if you don't...nick one of the blackhawks at the start of Isla Inocentes and hope nobody minds. Better you than a recon using it to hop up onto a hill to snipe.

If you have the onslaught DLC you can fly an apache on Atacama Desert. And if you don't...nick one of the blackhawks at the start of Isla Inocentes and hope nobody minds. Better you than a recon using it to hop up onto a hill to snipe.

Cheers. I've got it on the PS3 version so I'll learn off that and then hop onto the 360 and unleash my choppa!

What the deal with bailing out of choppers? Did i a few times the other day and it was always a suicide drop. Do you not get a wee 'chute or do you have to be a certain altitude (seems weird if so since you get a chute if you jump off a garden shed).

Seeing the Apache vid before, how can you shoot just one rocket? Whenever I get on the trigger it lets lose a salvo of 4 hydras. I say really I've only fucked about with the Bradleys due to Squad DM.

Guys, i've had this game for about a year now, and i've still not figured out how to fire a machine gun from the UAV?

I've seen others do it, but whenever i have the thing all i can get it to do is calling the the rocket strike (hellfire?).

What am i missing?

I joined bossaru's game and he was in there with Evil Wallpaper and some other chaps. A party with people spread over a couple of squads. They put my skills to shame but it was some fun rounds, seemed to give us all the classic maps.

I need to make space on my list but I'll add you later. :)

Guys, i've had this game for about a year now, and i've still not figured out how to fire a machine gun from the UAV?

I've seen others do it, but whenever i have the thing all i can get it to do is calling the the rocket strike (hellfire?).

What am i missing?

the secondary fire perk.

I should have joined you Gus, I ended up playing with randoms

What am i missing?

Your third "perk" needs to be ALT-V. Gives you alternative fire with the right bumper on most vehicles.

What am i missing?

It's the 'alternative weapons' perk, the final one when you're choosing your class.

What am i missing?

You need to equip the twin gun perk. But its useless anyway, zoom scope for the uav all the way

I'm gonna be on this al frigging night tonight

I joined bossaru's game and he was in there with Evil Wallpaper and some other chaps. A party with people spread over a couple of squads. They put my skills to shame but it was some fun rounds, seemed to give us all the classic maps.

Evilwallpaper wasn't on this last night?!

I should be on tonight from about 9pm, let's get two full squads of four going. I'd be up for some Vietnam at some point too.

You need to equip the twin gun perk. But its useless anyway, zoom scope for the uav all the way

I'm gonna be on this al frigging night tonight

The machinegun on the UAV is freaking awesome if you have a steady hand. Excellent for taking out choppers (though you can always just bash them into the ground) and infantry, though it gets very difficult if you're too far away.

Evilwallpaper wasn't on this last night?!

I should be on tonight from about 9pm, let's get two full squads of four going. I'd be up for some Vietnam at some point too.

Probably just getting confused with the gamertags. I had been "refueling" as I played.