Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I see they haven't fixed the booting to dashboard bug in this. A

What bug is this?

In frustration at the awful players on my team that I seemed to have in every game in Vietnam tonight I went back to regular BC2. In a squad of medics on Harvest day, and they all completely ignored the massive tank pounding away at us in the main square. Sigh. People are thick.

I wish I hadn't spent 800 on it as its pretty average with randoms. With 4 mates its good. I played it at a LAN and it really came into its own. So if you have 400 and a few people to play with its OK, decent but not a must by. Could really have been a freebie.

All the people who say that you NEED to be with friends, I dont find it so much. I play on my own a fair bit and I just tend to drop into a squad, pick whatever role they most need and run with them. the game does such a good job with communication that you dont really need voice too much.

Man REALLY feeling this now on Conquest mode after a few more sessions. Brilliant levels, wonderful atmosphere, real down n dirty fighting. Lovely companion to Vanilla BC2.

I just hope to god this doesnt now mean the BC2 maps will be deserted. I hope they patch it or rearrange the playlists or something so that I can still get a decent game of rush on atacama desert. I havent even played conquest on Oasis once yet

I think assault is by far the least fun class in BC2. You've got so much fun to come

Yeah, shortly after I posted that I got back on for another 3 hour session. I spent a little bit of time as Recon whenever we were defending and got a few nice kills. One took me 3 shots to hit, but it was nice when I did. First round way over. Second round just gave that fucker a hair cut. Third round I took his face off. Once I learn the correct trajectory, I imagine I'll be loving it.

However, Medic was where it was at in that session. I unlocked the T88 LMG, and went to fucking town. I'd spot a few targets, drop down to one knee, and fire until either all targets were dropped, or the gun went 'click'. It's like a fucking death ray that gun. It's great for suppression too. If the enemy were in a house, I'd just spray the windows and doors so they kept their heads down. Same when raising a flag or defending an MCOM. Even if I didn't know where the enemy was, I'd guess and just fire off hundreds of rounds to keep their heads down. I always say that in an FPS where you're playing as part of a team, if your accuracy is at a high %, you're doing it wrong. Covering and suppressing fire, motherfuckers.

Yeah, shortly after I posted that I got back on for another 3 hour session. I spent a little bit of time as Recon whenever we were defending and got a few nice kills. One took me 3 shots to hit, but it was nice when I did. First round way over. Second round just gave that fucker a hair cut. Third round I took his face off. Once I learn the correct trajectory, I imagine I'll be loving it.

However, Medic was where it was at in that session. I unlocked the T88 LMG, and went to fucking town. I'd spot a few targets, drop down to one knee, and fire until either all targets were dropped, or the gun went 'click'. It's like a fucking death ray that gun. It's great for suppression too. If the enemy were in a house, I'd just spray the windows and doors so they kept their heads down. Same when raising a flag or defending an MCOM. Even if I didn't know where the enemy was, I'd guess and just fire off hundreds of rounds to keep their heads down. I always say that in an FPS where you're playing as part of a team, if your accuracy is at a high %, you're doing it wrong. Covering and suppressing fire, motherfuckers.

o/

So many people use the medic class completely wrong. What you just described is exactly how I play that class. Boys are running in? rain down hell on their asses. Sounds like you totally got it.

Engineer next, by far the most fun class in the game

o/

So many people use the medic class completely wrong. What you just described is exactly how I play that class. Boys are running in? rain down hell on their asses. Sounds like you totally got it.

Engineer next, by far the most fun class in the game

\o

Engineer is by far the class I have neglected most. I'll get to it soon,

I almost forget my epic shotgun rampage. There's a level where the first 2 MCOMS are in a small settlement of houses. I thought I'd give it a go with the very first shotgun, and it went very well. A rampage is a bit of an exaggeration mind, but I was tearing people up as they got close. Did the same on another level too. There's a big warehouse where an MCOM is in an upstairs room. It works so well on occasion.

And both of those instances were when my team were attacking too. So I'd arm the MCOM and lay in wait (though I wouldn't sit next to an MCOM guarding it, like some idiots I've seen :facepalm:).

Surely holding the trigger down on an LMG is just lighting you up as a beacon to be taken out by a sniper or anyone else not inside your cone of fire. It's the same with all online shooters. I'm sure it works well in real life when the bad guys are hunkered down together behind a wall fearing for their lives rather than running around all over the place desperate for kills.

Must admit, I didn't used to but I now find Assault really good fun. It's satisfying keeping your squad and yourself supplied with ammo on a long battle for a flag or M-COM station. Medic and an Assault is great to sustain a push.

My favourite squad combination is:

Assault

Medic

Engineer

Engineer

Surely holding the trigger down on an LMG is just lighting you up as a beacon to be taken out by a sniper or anyone else not inside your cone of fire. It's the same with all online shooters. I'm sure it works well in real life when the bad guys are hunkered down together behind a wall fearing for their lives rather than running around all over the place desperate for kills.

I don't sit out in the open, or on the corner of cover. I sit back in cover. I can see my targets, and my targets can usually see me (but it's too late for them). I'm out of line of sight for anyone else.

I limit my view, but in doing so, I limit my exposure. There's no point in being able to see off to my left, if I have no intention of engaging people off in that direction.

EDIT - It sounds like I take this way too seriously, but fuck it, I don't care :lol:

Edited by Guest

I do find myself choosing Assault the most as a good all-rounder. The assault rifles are brilliant, as is having infinite grenades. I love being able to reshape the battlefield with rifle grenades, either to get a new line-of-fire or to expose people holed up in buildings.

Being hopeless against armour is the only downside, but that applies to the medic too.

The T88 is spectacular. Comparable stats to the other LMGs, but with a 200-round clip. It really is the perfect gun for covering an armed M-Com on attack.

Vietnam is very good, but I do look forward to getting back into vanilla BC2. I miss the differing tactics available through the greater selection of gadgets and weaponry. In Vietnam, I expect that pretty soon most games will pan out the same way as people find the best sniping spots, or the perfect route to the enemy base. Stuff which could be mitigated through usage of UAVs, smoke grenades and motion sensors.

In all, Vietnam is a fine example of how to produce an expansion pack. It adds a very different slant to the game, and sits alongside the retail package very well.

Yes, very good chance you will die when laying down supressing, so needs to be used tactically, but there are many occassions where your team just need like 10 seconds of supression to make it into the building, or past that gun turret or whatever. Those are the moments to sacrifice yourself and let rip. If I see 3 or 4 of my teammates making a move on something thats when i'll just cover the area in lead. Its really effective, even if it does usually end with me taking a sniper bullet.

Is anyone on tonight and mind showing a noob the ropes?

I've had a few go's online but am just running around COD style. Can tell this would be brill in a team.

I'll be on in 90 mins, very happy to play with you dude. Add the rllmukbfbc2 tag to find me

Yes, very good chance you will die when laying down supressing, so needs to be used tactically, but there are many occassions where your team just need like 10 seconds of supression to make it into the building, or past that gun turret or whatever. Those are the moments to sacrifice yourself and let rip. If I see 3 or 4 of my teammates making a move on something thats when i'll just cover the area in lead. Its really effective, even if it does usually end with me taking a sniper bullet.

Ah yes. I thought he meant when I had time to pick a group of targets and open up, in which case I'll keep myself covered.

But firing in the open, protecting a location/MCOM/whatever is, for the most part, a first class ticket to death. Like Kerraig , I don't mind dying, as long as it's for a reason.

Blimey, when you're on a team of randoms and the other side is full of clanned up lvl 50's, raped just doesn't seem strong enough a word.

Always, especially when you're with a team chock full of randoms and you're the only one that seems to be bothering to defuse MCOMS :angry:

I got up to a 10 kill streak on a UAV earlier, felt proper bo I can tell thee 8)

I'll be on in 90 mins, very happy to play with you dude. Add the rllmukbfbc2 tag to find me

Cheers man. Christmas shopping took 5 hours longer than I thought it would, but I'll add the gamertag and hopefully catch you on there, this evening.

Woo, had some great games there, got 5000 points attacking on Vantage Point.

The last set of crates on Hamburger Hill are intense! Had a fantastic period defending them, sitting in the base as a medic, tossing out medkits and laying down full auto at one of the slopes with the xm22, racking up kills as the attackers rush up it behind a wall of flamethrowers. :omg: