Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I only found out about the UAV being able to deploy smoke grenades by accident the other day - it fires a spread of three and seems to recharge fairly quickly. The best thing is that they're LETHAL up close - I'd fire my main missile, then while that was recharging fly down up close to a camping sniper or whatever and pop him in the face with the smoke grenades either killing outright, seriously wounding or at the very least knocking them out of action for a while by obscuring their view. It's really good fun!

:blink: how?

picked this up 2nd hand earlier and while i'm enjoying it, it's fucking daft that if you dont have a VIP code you have to unlock the drill, medkit and ammo for the respective classes. Had a guy screaming at me for health and all i can do is say sorry mate i'm a noob, not unlocked that yet. Mental.

Last Hurrah!? This game has got months left in it.

I'd go so far as to say it'll last however long until the next BF game comes out. It's not like anything else provides this kind of game. Teamplay, open maps, scale in general, and destructive scenery are all pretty unique selling points that more frenetic shooters haven't touched. As a consequence, the pace is way different too.

The likes of MW, Halo et al face much more competition from each other than they do from BF, and end up feeling stale that much sooner for it.

NS:

Don't worry, it doesn't take long to unlock.

In fact, I had the VIP code and still had to unlock them anyway, so I dunno what's going on there. Srsly don't worry, just use it as an opportunity to polish up you shooting and moving before complicating things with class responsibilities.

The 'Limited Edition' that was sold by certain stores like Game when the game was first released had the gadgets unlocked. I think the Ultimate Edition is the same.

EDIT: I was wrong - this is what it unlocks:

Improved Vehicle Armour

Vehicle Alternate Fire

Vehicle Motion Sensor

Tracer Dart Pistol

M1A1 Submachine Gun

M1911 Pistol

You unlock the gadgets early by being a Battlefield 'veteran' - you can get this pretty easily by registering for Battlefield Heroes (which is free) and making sure your EA account is linked to your gamertag. You'll also get the M1 and the Thompson, which I found quite handy early on.

You unlock the gadgets early by being a Battlefield 'veteran' - you can get this pretty easily by registering for Battlefield Heroes (which is free) and making sure your EA account is linked to your gamertag. You'll also get the M1 and the Thompson, which I found quite handy early on.

Ooh, nice tip. I shall try this now. Hope it works for PC too.

picked this up 2nd hand earlier and while i'm enjoying it, it's fucking daft that if you dont have a VIP code you have to unlock the drill, medkit and ammo for the respective classes. Had a guy screaming at me for health and all i can do is say sorry mate i'm a noob, not unlocked that yet. Mental.

I have a VIP code. I had to unlock all of that stuff.

Why did you pick it up 2nd hand anyway? You don't get all of the free map packs, do you?

cant believe it took me this long to think of this. I was defending on Arica Harbour when the UAV flew in, strapped with C4 to damage one of my Mcoms. Stood right next to it (but behind a wall) I could have shot it out, but instead in a flash of genius I strapped a C4 of my own to it.

Off it flew back to its pilot and the 2 guys waiting to strap more C4 to it. Giving me a nice surprise triple kill as their beloved UAV blew up in their cunty faces

Incredible.