Battlefield: Bad Company 2

White Pass on either mode is very average, and I can't stand that one with the lighthouse, because it plays the exact same way every time. The others aren't 'rubbish' - it's true I was exaggerating - but they are pretty boring at the point, to me. I vastly prefer the openness of the BC1 maps, which they lost somehow in BC2, despite making BC2 a much better game overall.

Harvest Day is much more intense and fun than any of the built in ones.

Still, even a bad map on this game is pretty fun.

Thnx for the friend invites.

It doesn't change the fact that the game matchmaking is fundamentally shit though does it.

8 of you want to play in a game together? hmmmm how you going to arrange that?

Join a team DM game where you cant even see who is in the other squads, you just see squad 1 is winning?

Playing this just makes me miss the old BF games on the PC, when they decided to go console with this franchise they killed everything that was good about it.

In fact playing this makes me regret ever becoming a console gamer at all :doh:

I guess I picked the wrong time to get this game, the frustration of having servers just empty is really getting to me.

Also getting stuck playing against organised squads of rank 50 players while my team of noobs gets butchered over and over again is wearing a bit thin lol.

Not the BF experience I was hoping for really.

Yeah, you really just have to look at the scoreboard and make an informed decision based on what levels everyone is on and quit and find a new game if it's obviously going to be a meat grinder.

I really wouldn't read much into rank to be honest. I'm rank 50, the only difference between me and anyone else is I've had more time to play the game over the last eight months.

Fr0sty88.png

Hardly untouchable. In fact I'd say I've had more rank <30 nemesiseseses recently than 50s. Once you've played it enough to have unlocked everything you've played the game enough to know it as well as these guys do.

What you want to look out for however is Clans. If you see a team of people with identical tags prepare to be brutally bumraped. Clans are also more likely to use cheap tactics like tank sniping or UAV bombing, anything that requires a degree of sacrifice or teamwork. Of course if you know you're against a clan you can abuse it to your advantage - like killing a guy then appearing to hide immediately after. He'll tell his buddies where you're hiding but by then you've ghosted round the other way ready to shoot them in the back :eyebrows:

OK, this is my profile: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats-insignias/360/Strawp

Why the bloody hell don't I have the "all bronze" insignia? The numbers on the official stats page differ from the game. They said I didn't have bronze for a couple of the pistols because they have the bronze kill level at 25 instead of 10. I finished that today (so now have at least silver on all pistols) and I still don't have that God damned insignia!

Why the bloody hell don't I have the "all bronze" insignia? The numbers on the official stats page differ from the game. They said I didn't have bronze for a couple of the pistols because they have the bronze kill level at 25 instead of 10. I finished that today (so now have at least silver on all pistols) and I still don't have that God damned insignia!

It's a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet. :(

I read that it might have to do with when you registered as a battlefield veteran. I only did that recently and I have all the insignias.

It's a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet. :(

I read that it might have to do with when you registered as a battlefield veteran. I only did that recently and I have all the insignias.

Classic DICE. A bug that only affects the fans that have been with them for years :/

My mate just emailed me this. I cant hit IGN here so dont know if there are any screens:

Having just released Rock Band Reloaded on the App Store, Electronic Arts is again dipping into its substantial (and enviable) library of PC and console games for its next potential hit -- Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This first-person shooter is based directly on the popular console game, which sends Private Preston Marlowe and his team of "misfits" behind enemy lines to deal with an increasing Russian threat.

Not only does Marlowe need to use heavy-duty firepower to eliminate targets, there is also a premium on stealth. Some situations require Marlowe to postpone the enemy alarm as long as possible, which means sneaking up behind foes and taking them out with a silent knife strikes. Conversely, there are times when stealth is out of the question, especially when you're behind the wheel of a tank and blasting waves of enemies while your team performs objectives, such as placing bombs on anti-air cannons.

In my sights.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 also features four-person multiplayer over WiFi and Bluetooth. For EA's first iPhone shooter, that's a good stat, but it lags behind 10-player multiplayer found in competing games. However, the visuals in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are currently among some of EA's best. On a Retina display, Bad Company 2 was fairly sharp.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 should drop into the App Store before the end of the year. Look for more on this and EA's other upcoming iPhone/iPad games on IGN in the coming weeks.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 review: First look

Ben Griffin

We preview the iPhone version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ahead of our full review

Published on Dec 9, 2010

We’re not embarrassed to admit we spend a fair share of time on Call of Duty: Black Ops.

First-person games have evolved into the genre with the Midas touch, and Black Ops is currently sitting at the top of the tree in the console and PC gaming world not only because of marketing, but because it's a frantic, competitive multiplayer treat.

Another well-known FPS series is Battlefield, adored for its emphasis on vehicle combat in multiplayer. Shooting your friends in a virtual world is enough of an incentive to keep playing, running them over in a tank usually results in moments of hilarity only sweetens the deal.

EA Mobile has seen fit to port over Battlefield: Bad Company 2 onto our iPhones, and our first impressions are so far positive. Due to a technical hitch, the first half of the demo was spent going through the tutorial. It’s a typical affair – follow the bloke, shoot some stuff and get used to the controls.

As EA Mobile stated, it’s a slow start but a necessary one. Not everyone is familiar with the mechanics of the modern FPS, and although many will be itching to get shooting right away, the training isn’t laborious or obtrusive enough to be annoying.

Visually, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 looks excellent, certainly on par with Gameloft’s Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus. Leaves fall from trees, the soldiers look like soldiers and there is plenty of detail on screen. Not enough to affect the frame rate, though, which proved steady for most of the time. Bar a few sizeable explosions, the game thunders along.

Controls are dealt with in a variety of ways, selectable by the player. In the demo, we opted for the dual virtual thumb stick method. Pressing on the gun fired, and another press elsewhere went into the gun sights view for accurate shooting.

Apart from occasionally covering the action with our fingers, a common issue with touch-based FPS games, it all seemed up to the job. Granted, ducking in and out of cover whilst ‘head-shotting’ enemy soldiers will not be instantly achievable, but certainly doable with practice, mainly thanks to the gun sight view.

During shootouts, the enemy AI finds cover fairly well. We didn’t witness any moments of it choosing to run away from us, making for an easy shot. There was one case when a soldier chose to hide in a hut and not shoot, perhaps out of sheer fear, but he decided to have a pop when we got up close to give him the knife treatment.

On the subject of close combat, we liked how the AI swapped guns when up close. It’s certainly more realistic to see your opponent using the right tool for the job, and particularly nasty when you underestimate the lethality of a shotgun.

EA Mobile told us to expect 14 levels, which will take around four hours to complete (skill and difficulty level dependant), unlockable achievements and online leaderboards / ranking so you can see how you shape up against friends. As a massive part of the online FPS experience for many players, we are glad it has been included.

Sadly, aside from briefly witnessing a level where we drove a tank, that was it. We wanted to take the 4-player online multiplayer for a spin to see how it compares with that of Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, but it wasn’t to be.

However, we did manage to find out some juicy bits of information. Currently there are two multiplayer levels with more to come in future updates, presumably as map pack purchases, and you can challenge friends over Bluetooth if you don’t have the internet. Again, up to four people can join in.

Veterans of Battlefield may be sad to know vehicles aren’t in the multiplayer side of things, but we were assured that might well change. Considering at least a tank and helicopter gunship level (Black Ops, anyone?) is in the single-player campaign, and the roots of the series favours vehicle combat, we are sure it will appear.

As things stand, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 looks like a solid first-person shooter. It won’t rival Rage in the looks stakes, and we can’t yet tell how the multiplayer aspect will pan out, but we definitely enjoyed our limited time shooting ‘the bad guys’ with high-powered assault rifles.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is due for release in December, the exact date isn’t known. The price is also to be confirmed.

For a brief look at the game with commentary from the people at EA Mobile, check out our admittedly, distant video.

Interesting enough. No iPhone here though :/

Does anyone have any tips for the M95? It is by far my least favourite gun and levelling it for those stupid SPECACT achievements is becoming a real drag. I'm even considering using a red dot on it and just using it like a sniper shotgun. The chances of me getting the efficiency or excellence pins on it so far is pretty much zero. If I can hit a single person with it in a round it's a minor victory. Maybe I just don't know where the good camping spots are.

It's a pain in the balls that achievement, more so the '5 in a row' part of it. I finally got it on Isla Innocentes Rush mainly - don't go in a squad, lone wolf it up to the hill overlooking A+B and basically you're shooting down into the base where they have fuck all cover. Use the 12x scope and magnum ammo. Fire and move too too, it's hard for them to track you as you can drop down behind the ridge. On defence, it's worth a few kills going up the hill to the left of the base where you have a view of the boats coming in and of people storming both MCOMs. You'll only get a few shots before they twig though most of the time.

There's also those little rocky islands on Innocentes to the right the first defenders base looking towards the attacking one. You can see right into the attacking base from there, although you need to watch out for snipers on the hills.

I don't like the M95 at all either, if I'm sniping I'd take the GOL every time.

Does anyone have any tips for the M95? It is by far my least favourite gun and levelling it for those stupid SPECACT achievements is becoming a real drag. I'm even considering using a red dot on it and just using it like a sniper shotgun. The chances of me getting the efficiency or excellence pins on it so far is pretty much zero. If I can hit a single person with it in a round it's a minor victory. Maybe I just don't know where the good camping spots are.

I actually finally got this achievement last night and the advice for Isla Innocentes Rush is definitely a good way to get it. I used to be shit at sniping but by about 80 kills I was genuinely enjoying it. As Looper says, sit up on the raised cliff over looking the first two MCONS. When they are gone and the play shifts to the back of the islands you can stay there and work on your long range sniping.

Started using the 'Spotting Scope' but I was finding that when the person was spotted my team would take them out. It's a very selfish achievement this one, so ditch that and use magnum ammo.

Got the 5 - Kill streak on the M95 4 times during the rise to 100 kills, it totally depends on the round. Just keep playing Isla Innocentes and hope you get an opposing side that aren't into sniper hunting where they try and rush you. I did find the motion sensor to be useful but I'm really average with a pistol so often they'd just take me out.

You get some remarkably bad snipers on the other side sometimes, they just stay totally static and return to the same point. Keep an eye out for that, it's very useful toward the 5 kill streak one.

Haven't been liking harvest and oasis. But then again never liked them in the original BC.

In general the games i always better when there are a abucnh of people working to gether to actaull get the objective otherwise it's a walkover for the other team..

Expect the odd friend request going out.

IGN Review for BC2: Vietnam

Whether you're new to Bad Company 2 or have been repairing, healing, and blowing up other players since March of this year, Bad Company 2 -Vietnam is among the best multiplayer experiences this year. The ability to contribute and succeed and unlock additional levels in ways that don't have to include shooting other players and the reliance on strategy over twitch gameplay clicks just as well in Bad Company 2 - Vietnam. Meanwhile, the re-balancing of character classes and level variety might actually trump Bad Company 2 proper. Battlefield fans will probably argue over whether to play Bad Company 2 or its expansion in the months to come. But when it comes to choosing between arguably the best multiplayer game of the year and its excellent expansion, that seems like a good problem to have.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1140476p1.html

:)

Haven't been liking harvest and oasis. But then again never liked them in the original BC.

In general the games i always better when there are a abucnh of people working to gether to actaull get the objective otherwise it's a walkover for the other team..

Expect the odd friend request going out.

I really didnt like them at first, but after a few sessions with people from here they really are excellent maps when played correctly. Its difficult to assault because they are so open, unless you have your shit together, at which point it becomes a breeze. Once the base is surrounded the defenders have no chance.

I still think Laguna Presa, Arica harbour and Atacama Desert are better maps, but Harvest and Oasis do offer proper flanking routes and the last 2 checkpoints on Oasis are sublime urban warfare

I really dont want this game to die the way it seems to be because its the most satisfied ive ever been with online console gaming.

Can't wait.

So, this means we no have 1942, Modern Combat and Vietnam all covered in modern console updates via a boxable product and download services. What are the chances of 2142? I loved that game, me.

The only BF game I've never played. I think that came out at around about the point I switched from being a PC gamer to a console gamer.